View Full Version : Frequency Available 10/31 on DVD

Monica Lockhart
10-30-2000, 05:08 PM
Hi everyone,

GarthFanCanada1
10-30-2000, 05:38 PM
Monica,
<br>
<br>I'll have one in my hands at 12:30am tonight.... I loved that movie....
<br>
<br>
<br>BarkleyN

Lost 'n' Garth
10-30-2000, 05:41 PM
Monica:
<br>Another thumbs up for this movie!!
<br>
<br>Honestly...I went to the movie to hear the song :rolleyes: but I sat on the edge of my chair almost the whole movie and now can say it was well worth the money. :)
<br>
<br>I will be picking up my reserved copy tomorrow!! Can't wait to watch it again!!
<br>
<br>Cheri :)N

Snow
10-30-2000, 05:46 PM
OH! Thanks Moni. I guess I'm losing track of the days. I didn't realize it comes out tomorrow and I sure want to see it. I didn't get to see it at the theaters.N

Ceespin
10-30-2000, 06:47 PM
I've heard the song and seen the video on CMT. But what is the movie about...exactly? And who is in it? Thanks. :)<P>(This message has been edited by Ceespin)N

kjsyong
10-30-2000, 06:56 PM
Ceespin.. with Garth's song in it.. it worth a lot to see! it is a great movie.. i seen twice at my local cinema and would go for another one bringing my friends... (the first 2 times i watched alone and i cried twice)
<br>
<br>how coincident!! while i am typing away.. my Winamp is playing WYCBTMA... just sparked my mind about the movie again.. ~_~
<br>
<br>as i said.. Ceespin.. think of a guy who able to change the past to see his father, but all along the way while changing the past that safe his father from something (not gonna tell) some other things happened and therefore chain reactioned to many things...
<br>
<br>it is up to father and son to stop a crime from two different time... ^_^
<br>
<br>it is not so sci-fi but very much drama/thriller... i hate my local newspaper critics said it could do better for a sci-fi movie.. but i never took this movie as sci-fi but drama... :P
<br>
<br>anyway..
<br>
<br>i want to ask.. would the DVD comes with special tag? like had Garth Brooks's video WYCBTMA video in it????? hope there would a special version!! I DO WANT AND HOPE!!
<br>
<br>Kel<P>(This message has been edited by kjsyong)N

Ceespin
10-30-2000, 07:09 PM
Hey Kjsyong...Thanks for the info...I'm interested in the movie now! But who's in it? Actor's? Thanks again...N

kjsyong
10-30-2000, 07:16 PM
Oh no worries Ceespin
<br>
<br>the actor is Dennis Quaid (much popular, great actor.. cool guy)
<br>
<br>and the other "the son, the chief" err i cant remember his name but they are great actor in it...
<br>
<br>Ceespin... listen to the song many times.. and try relate the words in the song to the movie... and then you will get more emotion/feeling from the movie..
<br>
<br>and you know what? WYCBTMA is written based on what is told in the movie... that is why the song and the movie go together!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
<br>
<br>i rate this movie 5/5 stars!!!
<br>
<br>:cool:
<br>
<br>KelN

SummerWind
10-31-2000, 09:38 AM
Thanks for the info :) I haven't seen this movie yet and have been dying waiting for it to come out.
<br>
<br>JennyN

Vanessa
10-31-2000, 12:23 PM
Thanks fer the info!! :) I can't wait to get my copy!! :) :)
<br>
<br>Vanessa :)N

MtnGirlCrazy4Garth
10-31-2000, 06:58 PM
I hate to be the bearer of bad news... :(
<br>
<br>But Frequency is only available, for purchase, on DVD, not VHS!! Well, it is available on VHS, technically, but you would have to pay the catalog retail, that the rental stores pay, which is over $100.
<br>
<br>You can rent it, though! :)
<br>
<br>I got really upset about it today. I ran out to get it, only to be told, at Wal-Mart, that I couldn't get it. After talking to people both at K-Mart and Blockbuster, I found out that the current industry way of doing things, now, is to release it on DVD, the same day it hits the rental stores, but not to release it on VHS for another 1-6 months. If you follow the PG Store link, you can find this out, as well. I think it really stinks, personally, it penalizes those who haven't purchased a DVD player yet, and some people just can't afford to run out and do that right now, ya' know? And, since I live where I do, I can't really do rentals, unless I want to drive 3 hours, round trip, to return them 1-3 days after I pick them up. Our little store in our little town does have video rentals, but they can't afford to purchase the tapes at the 'rental retail' price, so they have to wait, just like we do. Needless to say, I'm a bit bummed! :( But, I will quit complaining now, it won't do any good, I guess.N

annette
10-31-2000, 07:09 PM
Does your computer have a DVD player? I can watch it on my computer...YAY!N

MtnGirlCrazy4Garth
11-01-2000, 04:13 PM
Nope. :(N

annette
11-01-2000, 07:20 PM
That is too bad.:( I bought the DVD today and just finished watching it. It was AWESOME. Hope it will make it to video sales soon for ya.
<br>
<br>annetteN

MtnGirlCrazy4Garth
11-01-2000, 07:35 PM
Thanks, annette, I appreciate that!! :) Glad you enjoyed the movie! Had you seen it before? I did get to see it already, twice, at the theater, so don't feel too sorry for me, okay? :) I just wanna see it again. SOON!!!N

kjsyong
11-01-2000, 07:36 PM
I would like to own it in DVD.. is there any special version to DVD? (like GB's WYCBTMA video??)
<br>
<br>I need to get a DVD player that can play Region 1 DVD though if i need to get Frequency now from internet (namely from USA R1) :(
<br>
<br>Hey Monica, are you related to that actress in Ally McBeal?? her last name also Lockhart.. :P :cool:
<br>
<br> oh !! i love this movie FREQUENCY thought i should stress it again... :P
<br>
<br>KelN

annette
11-01-2000, 07:49 PM
I hadn't seen the movie before..I don't get out much...too many kiddies!! :) So I was excited to see it. Glad you have seen it before!
<br>
<br>Kel, I didn't see any special version. But the DVD was really cool, the sound effects are better. It does have some video game demo and alot of other things other than the movie, but no Garth video....sorry :(
<br>
<br>annetteN

kjsyong
11-01-2000, 07:54 PM
oh thanks annette for giving me a little review there on the DVD version. ^_^
<br>
<br>well i will wait then. :)
<br>
<br>hope you will enjoy it again and again.. (or just listen to the end credit song. hehee) ;)
<br>
<br>:P
<br>
<br>KelN

Monica Lockhart
11-02-2000, 04:24 PM
Dee Dee,
<br>
<br>Sorry for the mis information! :(
<br>
<br>I just assumed it was available in VHS format too!
<br>
<br>Thanks for setting the record straight. I edited the title of the thread... :)
<br>
<br>MoniN

MtnGirlCrazy4Garth
11-02-2000, 04:37 PM
Moni ~
<br>
<br>Don't feel too bad. It wasn't your fault that I ran out to get it, it had been on my calendar for weeks (maybe months.) I'm just angry with the industry, for the way they are now doing things!!
<br>
<br>Thanks, anyway, it's appreciated!! :)
<br>
<br>DeeDeeN