PDA

View Full Version : Back from Nashville...

PlanetGarth.com
10-30-2000, 05:07 PM
First of all...
<br>Thank you all for your numerous comments and congratulations regarding Garth's comments about Planet Garth during the press conference. The amount of support that PG and myself have received in our 5 years has been overwhelming. I have always been very appreciative of that. That support has played a major part in the site still being open today.
<br>
<br>I also want to express my appreciation to Garth and everyone at GB Management. It was at their request that we went to Nashville to broadcast the press conference. Garth wanted you to hear from him first.
<br>
<br>
<br>Now for the details...
<br>There was a lot of confusion on Thursday morning when the press conference was supposed to start. A lot of people were not able to connect at that time. Hopefully this will clear it up a bit.
<br>
<br>I arrived at the arena in Nashville on Wedneday at about 2pm. I was to set up a computer and configure the ISDN line that BellSouth had installed earlier that day. Well, after a few hours on the line with four different support techs, we called it quits for the night at about 7pm. Now, everything is ready to go, we're just trying to connect this computer to the Internet.
<br>
<br>Now on Thursday morning, we get to the arena at 4am and try again just to get a connection. To make a long story short, it's now about 9:30am and we never got the ISDN to work. An arena engineer and system administration come down and connect us to their internal T1 line... something that would have been nice to know the day before.
<br>
<br>So now we're set, and we've got 15 minutes to spare. Finally I start broadcasting live from the media room, and to continue the tradition of everything else going wrong, we're getting disconnected from the server. The high traffic that Planet Garth was receiving at that time was preventing the live feed to have a stable connection to the server.
<br>
<br>Our final option was to tape the press conference in it's entirety, then post it to PG after it was over. Garth left the podium around 11:15pm, and the audio was then available "on demand" on PG around 11:20pm.
<br>
<br>So unfortunatley, we weren't able to bring it to you the audio live at 10am. However, it was on PG after a short delay and is still available now. I apologize for the inconvienence and confusion that morning.
<br>
<br>Brandon Wiesner
<br>
<br>N

hugeGBnutt
10-30-2000, 05:12 PM
lol, I was wondering what was happening, glad to see you back and again CONGRATS AND THANKS FOR EVERYTHING YOU DO!:):):)
<br>
<br>.Ari.<P>(This message has been edited by hugeGBnutt)N

Snow
10-30-2000, 05:28 PM
Brandon, It was so great to have it available! I couldn't listen to it right at 10 anyway but I sure slapped those headphones on as soon as I got home. Thank you for going through all that to make it available for us. :)
<br>
<br>OK... we want details.... :)N

Lost 'n' Garth
10-30-2000, 05:35 PM
Brandon:
<br>
<br>A million "Thank you's" still wouldn't be enough!!
<br>
<br>Glad you're back!
<br>
<br>Cheri :)N

gbcrazy
10-30-2000, 05:38 PM
Brandon,
<br>
<br>It doesn't matter when we got it the point is you got it to us. Thanks a bunch.
<br>
<br>Now when you get all you negotiations and the deal settled please let us know something about it becoming official.
<br>
<br>Thanks,
<br>TerryN

CheyenneWindRoper
10-30-2000, 05:59 PM
Brandon,
<br>
<br>Welcome Home!
<br>
<br>All your efforts are much appreciated and your frustrations were understandable. Thanks for the quick thinking in recording and getting the press conference to us ASAP. WHAT A GUY!!!!
<br>
<br>Congratulations on having all your hard work and labors of love here at Planet Garth recognised and rewarded! You certainly are most deserving! Way to go! You have Roped The Wind!!!
<br>
<br>Mary Liz<P>(This message has been edited by CheyenneWindRoper)N

Ceespin
10-30-2000, 06:39 PM
Thanks Brandon, for all your hard work and long hours to get the audio to PG. :)
<br>P.S. I bet it was awesome to be there "live" in the arena! Do you have any pictures?N

kjsyong
10-30-2000, 07:07 PM
THANKS A MILLION BRANDON!!
<br>
<br>AND WELCOME BACK!!!
<br>
<br>thank you for clearing out the problem that most of us didnt understand during that day!! you're the sweetest!!
<br>
<br>hey, since PG has the press conference recorded.. will it stay there for archive?? i mean. once a while i would like to listen it.. the next best thing for me to be able to hear from GB the man... ^_^
<br>
<br>well thanks and you're greatest!! and all credits go to the crew behind PG.com too!!! you all are the best!!
<br>
<br>Kel :)N

AZamy77
10-30-2000, 07:14 PM
Welcome back Brandon! :)
<br>
<br>Thank you for bringing us the press conference! :) I hope you keep in on here for a long time, so we can listen over and over to Garth praising your wonderful website dedicated to him! It's at the 1 hour and 7 minute time frame on the conference. :) Just slide that little meter to 1:07 and you're there! :)
<br>
<br>ConGARTHulations again, Brandon! :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
<br>Amy hurrying to hit 'submit post' to get post #7! :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
<br>PS..I had to come back in to edit...Kel beat me by 7 minutes!! Lucky Kel! LOL<P>(This message has been edited by AZamy77)N

kjsyong
10-30-2000, 07:21 PM
oh AZamy77...
<br>
<br>so sorry i took away you position.. hehee!!
<br>
<br>but yeah. AZamy77.. i really agree with you.. the clip should leave in here for all to enjoy time after time...!!!!! or even better.. have Garth make it as a track in the next album (hahaha like interview extract)
<br>
<br>anyway.. Brandon, the clip has some excess "blank noise" in the early part.. can remove them?? ^_^
<br>
<br>:)
<br>
<br>KelN

kjsyong
10-30-2000, 07:24 PM
AZamy77
<br>
<br>OH!! i just saw what AZamy77 mean in the post with bold SEVEN!!
<br>
<br>oh!!! wow... seven for lucky!!
<br>
<br>Kel :)N

LarsDenmark
10-30-2000, 09:23 PM
Hey Brandon,
<br>
<br>THNX alot for everything you've done to make it possible for us to join the conference.
<br>And thank you for being THE Brandon Wiesner.
<br>
<br>Lars.
<br>
<br>N

Chris Gaines
10-30-2000, 09:46 PM
Lars,
<br>
<br>least you can spell his last name right LOL
<br>
<br>(no comment) :eek: LOL
<br>JasonN

canskin
10-31-2000, 02:52 AM
Hey Brandon!
<br>
<br>I agree with everyone else...THANKS for everything! Even though I don't post much, I have been coming to this site since '97 and you have done an absolutely fantastic job. You definitely deserve to be the OFFICIAL site.
<br>
<br>Now how about the rest of the details from your trip? ;)
<br>
<br>Take care!
<br>Candace N

Garth_FANtasizer
10-31-2000, 03:12 AM
Brandon,
<br>
<br>Wow, sounds like you had to go through a lot of work to get the PC to us. Thank you!
<br>
<br>Now give us the rest of the story! :)
<br>
<br>Tell us about your meeting with Garth! When or what are the details regarding PG? How was the party?
<br>
<br>I'm sure we will have a million more questions, but lets start with these first! LOL
<br>
<br>~Ann~N

cybersadie
10-31-2000, 03:29 AM
What a struggle! Thanks for getting it to us at all. Twas appreciated.N

Jen19
10-31-2000, 05:07 AM
Brandon,
<br>
<br>Thanks so much !!! But hey what eles happend did you talk to the man !! come on give us more details then that we don't just want to hear about the problems you had but all the good things that happened on your trip..
<br>
<br>COME ON SPILL THE BEANS !!!!
<br>
<br>JENN

loreli
10-31-2000, 05:09 AM
Brandon you are THE MAN!! :)
<br>
<br>Thanks so much for going through what you did. :)
<br>
<br>Can we please hear about Garth??
<br>
<br>Lori :)N

Dancer
10-31-2000, 05:44 AM
Congrats Brandon! I do not know if we will hear anything good from Brandon about Garth, because Garth had said, jokingly, that he was going to change Brandon's status to no longer being a fan! :) Anyways, I am sure that he will tell us sooner or later!N

nelty
10-31-2000, 06:16 AM
CONGRATULATIONS Brandon..
<br>
<br>wooo hoooo... way to go... 3 cheers for Brandon...
<br>
<br>I am so proud to be a member of PG... hehe... Thanks so much for everything.
<br>
<br>Nelly
<br>
<br>N

Czy4GB
10-31-2000, 07:15 AM
Congratulations Brandon!
<br>
<br>Thanks for everything you did to get the PC to us. I know you went through alot to get it to us. You deserve all the recognition that's coming your way.
<br>
<br>Thanks again!
<br>Jennifer
<br>
<br>
<br>N

ImaBeliever2
10-31-2000, 08:03 AM
Many thanks, Brandon. To have a site that has the class and dignity as this one does... that should make you very proud. I am certainly proud to be a part of it. I, too, have been with PlanetGarth for quite a while, even though I do not post often. I have the utmost respect for YOU, because you give the utmost respect to Garth.
<br>Thank you for the opportunity to be a part of this.
<br>
<br>KristiN

BrownEyedGirl
10-31-2000, 09:46 AM
Brandon,
<br>THANKS:)
<br>
<br>TerriN

garthsgirl
10-31-2000, 10:09 AM
Brandon, Thank you for all the hard work you put in to make the site what it is today. Nice hearing from you.
<br>
<br>
<br> LisaN

Pilgrim
10-31-2000, 02:32 PM
Thanks Brandon:):):)
<br>
<br>You do a GREAT job here:):):)
<br>
<br>BrianN

Garthfan92
10-31-2000, 02:37 PM
Just wanted to add my congratulations and welcome back. Thanks for everything you do Brandon!
<br>
<br>LisaN

sasteen
10-31-2000, 02:39 PM
Brandon,
<br>
<br>WooHoo, great job.
<br>
<br>How did this all come about? Did you bug someone to death before they talked about PG being official or did they approach you about it?
<br>Did you meet Garth? What was said?
<br>
<br>I'm dying here, Details....Please!!!!!!!1N

fuzzwuzz
10-31-2000, 04:21 PM
Brandon, you put the fans first. Garth does too. Thanks to you, he has honored us all.
<br> If I was you I'd be speechless too about meeting the man on his own perogative like that. You did get to meet him, correct? I'm so happy for you!N

SeaGBfan
10-31-2000, 06:38 PM
Brandon,
<br>
<br>
<br>I'll just say that I sell computer equipment as a business. If there is any chance that you need any thing that we have , let me know. I could give you a discount! Compare it to what you alreay have and let me know!N

major tom
10-31-2000, 09:27 PM
It was great being able to hear Garth set the record straight. Thanks a lot, Brandon. :)
<br>
<br>KirstyN

littlebit
11-01-2000, 04:18 AM
Brandon,
<br>
<br>It was hard news, but alot easier to take hearing it from Garth himself. Thank you and Congratulations! :)
<br>
<br>deAnnalynnN

Ladygee54
11-01-2000, 12:39 PM
Come on, Brandon....we want to hear about you and Garth getting together. Unless it's something you'd rather keep to yourself, which I totally understand. But, if you can find it in you to let us know about the party, please do.
<br>
<br>Thanks for a great site...
<br>DebN

LVGB4EVER
11-02-2000, 07:26 AM
:) Congratulations Brandon :)
<br>
<br>But are you going to tell us about meeting GARTH?????
<br>
<br>P>>>>L>>>>E>>>>>A>>>>>>S>>>>>>>E>>>>>>>> ;)
<br>
<br>Take Care
<br>SueN

heartnsoul
11-02-2000, 04:10 PM
THANKS BRANDON!!!
<br>
<br>
<br>BUT PLEASE DO TELL THE REST OF THE STORY!!!!
<br>
<br>SMILE!!!!!!!!KOKON

Paula
11-09-2000, 05:09 PM
Brandon,
<br>
<br>A belated welcome back from Nashville. I'm just back from 9 days of vacation and am scanning the Forum topics so I can read selected threads before catching up with all the rest of the topics. This was one of them since I thought you may be sharing some details about your Nashville adventure.
<br>
<br>Are we going to get any more details...or did I miss them somewhere?
<br>
<br>Again, conGARTHulations on having the connection with Garth and his team. I knew deep down that it was only a matter of time before you were recognized.
<br>
<br>PaulaN

Lowell Miller
11-10-2000, 08:26 AM
I don't think we are going to hear any good stuff. :(N

BlueRose
11-10-2000, 01:17 PM
Thank you Brandon...I just got around to listening to the press conference last night but thanks to you, it was here!!!
<br>
<br>I do know that you know how much we all appreciate what you do here but do you really know just how much this place means to us???
<br>
<br>You've not only created a place for the Nutts to get our news first hand but you've created a place we can call home and it's the best place to be!!
<br>
<br>THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU for making us all so very proud of you and when you have time to tell us all about meeting Garth, we'll be here...just please hurry, okay...please?? :)
<br>
<br>Cheryl
<br>N

wmcinnis
11-11-2000, 12:14 AM
It was absolutely great to hear that press conference Brandon:) I don't know how you do it but you do an outstanding job of keeping us informed and up to date:)
<br>Thank-you so much Brandon
<br>-Susan-
<br>N

LonsomeDove
11-11-2000, 02:36 AM
Maybe Garth has too much on his mind right now, with the devorce and all.
<br>When he has the time perhaps he will think about the PG thing again.
<br>Or, for now maybe Garth has changed his mind?N