PDA

View Full Version : I'm Happy for Garth

Garthfan92
10-29-2000, 11:53 AM
First of all, I can't even begin to say how much Garth has affected my life. When I discovered his music 8 1/2 years ago, it changed my whole perspective on things. Needless to say, it was the one and only thing that helped me get through the most difficult time in my life, and I am forever grateful to Garth for that. There is no way I could EVER express to Garth how much I owe him.
<br>
<br>Tomorrow will be one year since I met Garth. The one and only thing that would top that day would be getting the chance the next time to tell him just how much he and his music have come to mean to me. I wasn't able to find the words a year ago. I was too much in shock that I was actually standing face to face with Garth when that had been my one dream for over 7 years. I will remember every second of those few minutes with him forever.
<br>
<br>I knew after C&C last year that this time would come. I doubted there would be anything that was going to change how Garth was feeling at that time about what he needed to do. I didn't want it to be true, but purely for selfish reasons. After listening to the press conference, I have to say that I'm actually not sad about it now. I'm happy for Garth. I'm happy that he's doing what he needs to do, take care of himself and his family. I know he won't disappear completely. And with an official website, we'll probably know more about what he's up to than ever! I'm looking forward to the new album, and possibly another Chris Gaines album as well. Anyone who thinks the ride is over is wrong! It's just taken a turn.
<br>
<br>For now, we'll just have to wait for the new album. Aside from that, I know I will be praying for Garth and Sandy every day. I still have hope that they will work things out. That would make me happier than anything right now, because I'd trade all the concerts and albums just to know that Garth is truly happy again. And I guess that's what I really want to say right now. We should all be happy that Garth is doing what will make HIM happy now. We've asked so much from him over the last decade. It's time to give back and let him have the time he needs with his family. He needs that support from us right now.
<br>
<br>Sorry this got so long, but I've been very emotional and had to get it out. This is the one place where I knew people would understand, so thanks for reading.
<br>
<br>LisaN

Vanessa
10-29-2000, 01:01 PM
Lisa,
<br>
<br> Thanks fer sharing this. I enjoyed readin' it! :) I especally like the last few lines of the last paragraph!! :) Very :cool:. :) I agree with ya on those last few statements. :) I'm glad thar ya got to meet Da Man, it's always fun fer me to readwhat others have done said said and how Garth's affected thier lives. Again, thanks fer sharin'! :)
<br>
<br>Vanessa :)N

Pilgrim
10-29-2000, 01:55 PM
Thanks for sharing:):)
<br>
<br>BrianN

Garthfan92
10-29-2000, 03:23 PM
Well Vanessa, I'm very glad I got to meet him too! I just wish I could have pulled myself together enough to tell him what he's done for me! That will forever be a regret if I don't get the chance at some point.
<br>
<br>LisaN