PDA

View Full Version : Have you bought the new Double Live yet?

hugeGBnutt
10-29-2000, 09:53 AM
So, have you bought the new DL yet?, and if not are you planning too? did you get one or more then one?
<br>
<br>....i bought 2:)
<br>
<br>.Ari.<P>(This message has been edited by hugeGBnutt)N

Czy4GB
10-29-2000, 10:00 AM
I would like to buy the new DL but I can't find one around here. My Wal-Mart or K-Mart doesn't have it. I'll just have to keep looking around for it. Does anyone know how many copies their making?
<br>
<br>
<br>Jennifer :)N

minnesotagbfan
10-29-2000, 10:04 AM
i dont plan on getting it.. i have all the others:) N

MontanaFan
10-29-2000, 10:13 AM
I thought about it! I have not yet and I am still thinking about it.N

nelty
10-29-2000, 10:17 AM
A Garth fan helped me got mine. so YES.. and I do have the complete set of DL so far. :)
<br>
<br>NellyN

Garth2Gaines
10-29-2000, 11:17 AM
I've been to 2 different Wal-Marts and a K-mart, and they didn't have any:( And Best Buy had two, which I have:) Circuit City didn't have any either here:(
<br>
<br>garth2gainesN

Vanessa
10-29-2000, 11:27 AM
Nope, haven't gotten mine yet :( I have to wait till Christmas to get mine! :( Garth's DL cd is the #1 thing on my Christmas list!! :) :) I'm not sure if Best Buy ot Walmart, Target ort even KMart has it... but I can hope and pray they do right?? :)
<br>
<br>Vanessa :)N

Garthfan92
10-29-2000, 11:36 AM
Yes! I got mine on Tues. at Best Buy. They only had two out when I was there, so I was glad I didn't wait.
<br>
<br>LisaN

Lost 'n' Garth
10-29-2000, 01:16 PM
"Best Buy" seems to be the "Best Bet" if you want to get it. I bought mine there (3 left). I love that cover..is is too :cool:
<br>
<br>Cheri :)N

gbkubfan
10-29-2000, 01:23 PM
Does anyone know how many copies their making?
<br>
<br> I would assume 1 million copies like the previous 6. I remembering hearing that they would make 1 million of each cover and then retire that cover. So if you havent picked up one of the original six for your collection, then I would do so before they are all gone.
<br>
<br>
<br>N

Pilgrim
10-29-2000, 01:57 PM
No one here yet:(:(:( It is not released over here:(
<br>
<br>But I do have the other 8 "different" copies;)
<br>
<br>BrianN

klee201
10-29-2000, 04:35 PM
I got mine on Saturday at Best Buy.
<br>They only had a handful on the shelves and I only got the one.
<br>This is only the second cover that I bought of this CD, I have the first with the flags on the cover.
<br>
<br>I didn't realize that the art work was different on the actual CD itself til I opened the new one to look at it.
<br>
<br>KathyN

GBsgirl
10-30-2000, 07:24 AM
I bought a copy.......paid almost twice what I did for the flag cover when it came out.
<br>
<br>
<br>Garth Rules!!!!
<br>PammyN

no1cowgirl
10-30-2000, 08:17 AM
Nope, haven't bought it yet, BUT I'm going to soon. :)
<br>
<br>
<br>Krista<P>(This message has been edited by no1cowgirl)N

SummerWind
10-30-2000, 09:05 AM
I haven't yet but I want too. I haven't found any of the covers in my area....the new one was in our Walmart but I couldn't find it....was told it sold out.
<br>
<br>JennyN

gbkubfan
10-30-2000, 10:49 AM
klee201
<br>Junior Member
<br> RE: Have you bought the new Double Live yet?
<br>Posted: Sunday, October 29, 2000: 9:35:10 PM
<br>--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
<br> I got mine on Saturday at Best Buy.
<br>They only had a handful on the shelves and I only got the one.
<br>This is only the second cover that I bought of this CD, I have the first with the flags on the cover.
<br>
<br>I didn't realize that the art work was different on the actual CD itself til I opened the new one to look at it.
<br>
<br>Kathy
<br>
<br>Hey Kathy..all the artwork is different in all seven CDs. Each book is also different. Thats why i got copies of all of them. The only thing that is the same on each CD is the music. So if you havent got the others yet, I would do so before they were gone.
<br> N

fuzzwuzz
10-30-2000, 03:12 PM
Ok, I have a question. If the Double Live covers are different, are the liner notes too? No one has been able to tell me. I only have seen the first edition, which I managed to snag at my Wal-mart when Chris Gaines came out. But would you believe that not only have they recently deleted Chris Gaines from my store, but they have yet to have ANY Garth in stock for a while now! And STILL no new Double Live! Maybe Garth IS getting forgotten, but it wouldn't be the fans fault, I assure you of that. The promoters stink!!! We gotta HUNT for Garth, and he ain't in hiding yet! Geesh!
<br> So, if Garth's notes are different please post here? I had heard they are like his diary of the World Tour, of which I TOTALLY slept through as well as most of Garth's career.N

Vanessa
10-30-2000, 03:25 PM
fuzzwuzz,
<br>
<br> Yes to answer yer question, the liner notes are different. :) you can go to http://www.troyal-garth-brooks.org and find out there!! :) :) Search the site, you'll find it easily!! :)
<br>

hugeGBnutt
10-30-2000, 03:26 PM
<P>(This message has been edited by hugeGBnutt)N

MontanaFan
10-30-2000, 06:28 PM
I probably will not get the new Double Live. I got the box set on lay-a-way so I will be happy with that. Right now I got a big dentist bill to pay off! The only place in town that has the re-released cd is Hastings and they are asking to much for it. I am very tempted to the Country Elmo because it reminds me of Garth in a way!N

Big_Garth_Nut
10-30-2000, 07:51 PM
I bought my copy last Thursday. Now I have all the covers. I got the last one Wal-Mart had. Pretty cool I thought. And yes, I did pay almost twice the amount I paid for the First Edition. But at least my DL Collection is now complete.
<br>
<br>N

fuzzwuzz
10-31-2000, 03:52 PM
Venessa, thanks for that info, but I'm still not sure it has Garth's personal notes from the booklets themselves. Even though the Double Live link is chockful of photos and various comments, I'm sure much is missing, just from what I see missing from the first edition that I happen to own.
<br>
<br> If I start another post inquiring about these covers would ya all be willing to post what's on them? Especially Garth's words? Thanks!N

MtnGirlCrazy4Garth
11-04-2000, 01:06 PM
Just wanted to let you guys know, for those who are still looking, Target seems to be the best place to look! I've seen at least one at each Target I've gone to. Haven't seen it at Wal-Mart, at all. Not sure about K-mart. I have decided, kinda late in the game, that I do want one of each cover, after all. So, the search begins. I still need Central Park and Reunion Arena.N

fuzzwuzz
11-04-2000, 03:45 PM
I got it! Sort of. No NEW cover, but we did get a copy in with the Ireland cover. I know Garth said that concert was a very religious experience and I wanted to honor him by buying that one. I haven't had time to open and enjoy it yet, because I'm saving it for a quiet moment alone on the coach. Quiet moments are few around my house these days! But when I do 'do it', I'm gonna relax and read and compare the two different covers, photos, and Garth's comments. How cool it would be to have all 7 of them is it? Once I do this, I will start a new post asking you guys who have my missing covers, to fill us in what's on them. Should be fun comparing notes I hope. Most of us here probably only have one or two like me.N

Pilgrim
11-05-2000, 12:40 PM
Dale:)
<br>
<br>When you get my tapes you will have no quiet moment for the next year to come:eek::eek:
<br>
<br>Brian;)N

fuzzwuzz
11-05-2000, 06:36 PM
Good Brian! You are getting the same from me. My friend is making you a video and alls I have left to tape is the 4 Hooters CDs. You are gonna LOVE it! The only Beach Boys book I could find is Brian Wilson's Wouldn't it be Nice. My sister has some of my stuff. She likes them. But I included some surprises. What are friends for? I'm just glad I'm not alone in my music addiction anymore! Lol!N

garthsgirl
11-06-2000, 02:43 AM
I picked up the new edition this past Thursday at my local Wal-Mart. I love the pictures and his reminicences of the tour. I'm glad I decided to spend the money on this one.
<br>
<br> LisaN

Vanessa
11-06-2000, 10:54 AM
Yer welcome fuzzwuzz!! :) :) I was glad to help!! :)
<br>

Pilgrim
11-06-2000, 02:03 PM
:):)
<br>
<br>BrianN