PDA

View Full Version : Am I the only one..........

shazzy
05-31-2000, 11:44 AM
Am I the only one on here that hasnt saw Garth in concert?? :(<BR>And some of you are even luckier you have met him!!! :)<BR>What is he like?? Is he as nice in the flesh?? ;)<P>N

minnesotagbfan
05-31-2000, 12:11 PM
i dont know if i would be able to meet him..i have met trisha 5 times and barely get thru those..lol :)N

shazzy
05-31-2000, 12:19 PM
:) :) :) :)Are you talking about Trisha Yearwood? :) :) :) :)<BR>Ive never met anyone famous, if I did im sure id be lost for words, for the first time..lol!! ;)<BR>N

Pilgrim
05-31-2000, 02:10 PM
I haven't met him. And I guess atleast 2 others in here have never seen him in concert :(<P>That makes three of you ;)<P>BrianN

Chris Gaines
05-31-2000, 02:13 PM
Russ,<P>ol' bud.. 4 MORE DAYS!!!!!!!!<P>And I get my "Trisha Hug" ... you getting jealous yet? LOL<P>Jason ;)N

Snow
05-31-2000, 02:28 PM
Nope... you're not the only one.<P>I've never seen Garth live in concert... or met him in person either. He did answer my questions twice in live chats though! My 2 seconds of fame. *laughing*<P>As Garth-crazy as I am now... it might be a GOOD thing if I never see him! I would truely be intolerable then! :)N

addicted2garth
05-31-2000, 04:13 PM
Shazzy,<P>I consider myself extremely blessed to have seen Garth in concert 4 times, and to have met him while he was at spring training in AZ. Considering how special Garth is when you see him on stage performing, it's hard to believe that he could be even more special in person, but he is! I was lucky enough to talk to him, and get a picture with him, but what I really enjoyed was watching him with the fans (especially the kids). It's almost magical. Since I live a few miles from the spring training complex, I went there a lot. I witnessed first hand a few different situations that just made my heart melt. And while he was here in Phx, there was many stories on the radio of all the nice things he was doing for the charities here (not only TEA). <P>Well, I just had to tell you that he is even more wonderful than you could imagine. And yes, it IS possible. I can't wait until next year to see if he will be back again in AZ for spring training!<P>LoriN

klee201
05-31-2000, 05:36 PM
Shazzy,<BR>I haven't met Garth or seen him in concert either.<BR>When I first came to PG, I read everyone's posts and laughed or cried at their stories about meeting him.<BR>Someday I may be lucky enough to meet him, but for now I thank God that I found his music and I hope that there is more in the future. <P> KathyN

nelty
05-31-2000, 05:37 PM
I haven't...<P>NellyN

CountryBee
05-31-2000, 07:23 PM
I have never seen Garth in concert. I missed all of his shows in California on his last tour. I did not have the internet and Planet Garth to keep me informed. I hope to be able to meet him some day. I am going to the Hollywood Bowl, hoping that it is not the only time I get to see him in person.<BR>Bee<BR>N

shazzy
05-31-2000, 11:06 PM
well I am glad im not the only one who hasnt met/seen him yet!!! :)<BR>Im so glad to hear that he is as nice in person, that makes me want to meet him even more!! ;) You ppl are very lucky to have seen and or met him!! :)<BR>Hey maybe my dream will come true one day :) :) :) :)<BR>Love<BR>Shazzy.xN

shazzy
05-31-2000, 11:10 PM
I forgot to ask!! lol!! :D<BR>Does Garth do live chats on the web? :)<P><BR>Shazzy.xN

minnesotagbfan
06-01-2000, 01:28 AM
jason,<P>am i getting jealous..um.. can i say ? <P><BR>Hell No !!!!!<P><BR>if that is offensive take the first part of that ok ?<P>she told me to come and give her a hug..like i would refuse that :)<P>i still need to ask you a question jason ol buddy ol pal :)<P>has to do with the 2 best people in music :)N

LarsDenmark
06-01-2000, 02:40 AM
Brian,<BR>those 2 people you meant, did ya count me too?<P>If not, than it will make 4!!!<P>Lars.N

LarsDenmark
06-01-2000, 02:40 AM
Brian,<BR>those 2 people you meant, did ya count me too?<P>If not, than it will make 4!!!<P>Lars.N

Pilgrim
06-01-2000, 03:45 AM
No Lars :o :o<P>I was thinking about Snow and Amy :) :)<P>But I knew there were more ;)<P>BrianN

shazzy
06-01-2000, 04:12 AM
Im so glad im not the only one :D<BR>Are you talking about Trisha Yearwood??<BR>That woman is a great singer too :)<BR>Are they all lovley ppl? :)<BR>shazzy.N

Vanessa
06-01-2000, 09:51 AM
hey shazzy,<P> I haven't beenm able to see The Man himself :(. But hopefully someday, sometime he'll come to where I live and do a concert and I'll get to meet him. :) :) :)<P>VanessaN

shazzy
06-01-2000, 09:59 AM
So vanessa where is it you live?? :)<BR>lets hope we all get to meet him!! :D<BR>That would be somthing else!! ;)<BR>Shazzy.xN

Garth1
06-01-2000, 12:22 PM
Never seen him, but keep my fingers crossed.<BR>Who knows, someday ....<P>Paul.N

Jen19
06-01-2000, 01:36 PM
About the live chats..Garth has done 2 both in September one the day the CG cd came out and one a few days before. His first Chat became the longest celberity chat on Yahoo which was very cool. I forget how long it was but somthing like two hrs. The secound one was a NBC chat which was long too because fortunally I was outside the NBC buliding waiting for his, that was my first moment. :) <P>Just keep beliving and it will happen.. :)<P><BR>JENN

major tom
06-01-2000, 08:25 PM
I haven't seen him either :( so I hope there will be another tour :)<P>KirstyN

chase
06-02-2000, 03:03 AM
Hi I'm new to Planet Garth just joined this morning. I have been a fan of Garth since "The Chase", love every album including the Chris Gaines one.<P>I have not met Garth in person but I did manage to speak to him on a radio phone in which was a great thrill. He was just as sweet and funny as I imagined he would be. However, I have seen him in concert twice but not since 1994. The best live performer I have seen.<P>There aren't many garth fans where I live so it is great to find a place where I can chat about Garth.<P>Unfortunately I have not managed to hear the new Garth song as I only have the internet at work and no sound. So I will have to wait until the movie is released to hear it. Boo hoo!<P>Anyway just thought I'd introduce myself.<P>C.N

Vanessa
06-02-2000, 10:43 AM
Shazzy, I live in Ellicott City, Maryland. :) I hope that maybe we could meet him too!! :) Where do you live Shazzy? :)<P>VanessaN

OHBAL
06-02-2000, 12:13 PM
Welcome to PG Chase!! :D<P>I was also beginning to think that I was about the only one here that hasn't seen Garth in concert (except for TV, of course).<P>Glad to know I'm not alone.<P>Bev N

Garthfever4ever
06-02-2000, 01:59 PM
WELCOME TO PG Chase!!!<BR>You will love it here! :)<P>And unfortunately I have not been able to see Garth in person either :( What a bummer! <BR>I can only keep the faith! :)<P>SabineN

NewestGBFan
06-02-2000, 02:01 PM
Haven't seen him, haven't met him. Have vicarious thrills reading about everybody else's Garth Moments. That will have to do for now :)<P>ElaineN

BlueRose
06-02-2000, 03:10 PM
Shazzy,<P>I've seen him several times in concert and as far as him being as nice in the flesh...he's even nicer than you could ever imagine. :)<P>Welcome, Chase, good to have you here!<P>To all of you who have not seen Garth in concert nor have met him, I believe you will and you have to believe that too!<P>Cheryl<P>N

no1cowgirl
06-03-2000, 04:44 PM
I've had the pleasure of seeing Garth 3 times now.....once in Denver, once in Casper, WY and at the Acadamey of Country Music Awards in 1998 (where I was really close to him). I'll probably meet him in like 5 days....so I'm happy!<P>Don't worry y'all! You'll get your chance! :)There's Garth Angels out there!<P>KristaN

NJ4GARTH
06-04-2000, 06:03 AM
I can consider myself one of the lucky ones who have got to see him perform. September 1998 in Philly.<P>Chase,<BR><B>WELCOME to PG!!!!!!!</B> :)<BR>Enjoy yyour stay and we expect lots and lots of posts. OK ;)<P>Krista,<BR>Your planning on meeting him or hoping to? You got a secret young lady? ;)<P>TomN

Garthfanalwasysand4ever
06-04-2000, 09:21 AM
I have seen Garth! Let me tell you about the first time. I paid $100 to take a bus trip to State Colllege PA. They told us the seats where good seats and we would be able to see the show. They were right we were in the top row! But even though Garth was the size of a match box car I still got chills when I heard his voice!!!! I was able to see enough to make me go head over heals obsessed!He even sang songs that weren't released yet from sevens and the box set. I may have had the worst seats in the house but let me tell you I'd sit there all over again! The second time I had way better seats. I took picture but the pictures looked like I was a mile awy. I guess next time I'll have a zoom lens!!!!!LOLN

azyankee
06-04-2000, 10:55 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Pilgrim:<BR><B>No Lars :o :o<P>I was thinking about Snow and Amy :) :)<P>But I knew there were more ;)<P>Brian</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><B>Brian...</B><P>While it's true that Amy has not seen Garth <I>"In Concert"</I> except on video...<BR>she <B>has</B> met Garth....<B>every day for five weeks worth!!!</B><P>Her moments are posted in the <I>"Garth-Moments"</I> section...FINALLY!!! I'd been after her for the past year to post them for us!<P>But you can add <B>me</B> to the list of fans who have not met Garth or been to one of his concerts!<P>(It doesn't make me any less of a fan, does it?) :)<P>Y@nkeeN