PDA

View Full Version : Three things every fan should have....

Vanessa
05-31-2000, 09:42 AM
Hi ya'll!!<P> I found these things that, in my opinion every fan should have: A books entitled "Garth Brooks The Road Out of Santa Fe", The STAR PROFILE OF GARTH BROOKS (it's a cd about him and it includes a color booklet of pics. of him and other info.) and last, another CD called "pickin' on garth brooks", it's an instrumental cd, that has a group of poeple, honor g.b. by playing the 16 of his best songs!! :) :). I listen to both of the cd's and read the book all of the time!! :) I found my cd's at Sam Goody or you can try anyother cd store and I got my book at Walden Books. Enjoy!! :) :)<P>VanessaN

Pilgrim
05-31-2000, 10:52 AM
I have them :D<P>Guess that makes me a fan huuh? :o ;)<P>Brian :DN

minnesotagbfan
05-31-2000, 12:04 PM
i have the star profile but i dont think that is authorized by garthN

no1cowgirl
05-31-2000, 12:40 PM
Russ-<BR> Yeah, I have it, too....and I think you're right!<P>KristaN

Fresh_Horses
05-31-2000, 01:49 PM
Star Profile sucks.<BR>N

PJ
05-31-2000, 02:24 PM
I enjoy the pictures included with Star Profile, but I have to agree with Fresh Horses about the CD. I was disappointed with the sound quality and it seems to end abruptly.<P>I also didn't care much for the instrumental versions of Garth's songs. I found myself wanting to switch to a GB CD so I could hear his voice and so the songs wouldn't drag so much.N

Snow
05-31-2000, 02:37 PM
I don't have any of the three. But I AM a fan.<P>I have every Garth CD that I can get my hands on (still missing that Hungry Years)... and Chris Gaines CD... and several of the Videos... A tour jacket... t-shirt... Garth frisbee... some great pictures... and some other things that kind G-nutts have sent to me. :)<P>AND... I have my membership with PG! The absolute best fan website on the NET... with the absolute best fans in the world as friends!N

no1cowgirl
05-31-2000, 02:47 PM
Snow-<BR> Amen Sister! *L*<P><BR>KristaN

fuzzwuzz55
05-31-2000, 02:49 PM
I have 'Garth Brooks the Road out of Santa Fe', but another must-read for all Garth fans is 'Dreaming Out Loud.' The author attempts to take a look inside Garth the Dreamer, and what makes him tick. And how that sometimes collides with the environment in the music industry. I sometimes wonder if they've ever figured out what hit them with Garth 'running' the show!N

Teach
05-31-2000, 04:36 PM
I have all three but, like Brian, I like the pictures in the Star Profile and hardly ever listen to the CD. I also don't care for the instrumentals of Garth's songs, rather listen to the "REAL THING". I do like the book and have read it two or three times. :)N

shmlss4gb
05-31-2000, 06:07 PM
I have to also agree about Star Profile....unless you can get it really cheap, it's not worth it, only the pixs are worth having it for. N

GRTH FAN
05-31-2000, 08:30 PM
I have the book, but I don't have the others! I think I'm a little behind!!<BR>Donna :)N

dossy the aussie
05-31-2000, 10:21 PM
I would love to see any of this stuff , But none of Garths books etc seem to be available in this part of australia , which is strange cos we have heaps of fans here in my town , does anyone know if they can be bought online ?<BR> DossyN

honky
05-31-2000, 10:36 PM
I have the instrumental CD. I do like it ;) But sometimes you just want to hear the voice instead of the instruments.<P><BR>TommyN

Fresh_Horses
06-01-2000, 01:25 AM
The people on Star Profile are so boring, I never listened to more than 3 minutes of it. The pictures are good, but a lot of them are on the creases in the page. Also I do not think you NEED all these in order to be a true fan. You can own squat and still be a true fan.N

LarsDenmark
06-01-2000, 02:46 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR>...with absolute the best fans of the world as friends.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>that's so sweet of ya, Snow!!! :D<BR>THNX!<BR>Lars.N

Pilgrim
06-01-2000, 03:42 AM
Teach<BR>It was not me who liked the pictures :o :o<P>Fresh_Horses<BR>Our own Brandon is on the SP ;)<BR>very cool :)<P>Tommy<BR>I totally agree with you :) :D I also like the instrumental CD :D I think it is a lot of fun to listen to :)<BR>It's also great listening to in the night befor you go to sleep as you don't pay attention to the singing........ because there ARE no singing ;)<P>BrianN

TGcraz4GB
06-01-2000, 03:50 AM
I dont have those. yet!<BR>Thanks Vanessa for the info.<P>TerriN

Fresh_Horses
06-01-2000, 04:55 AM
Where at on the CD? N

Teach
06-01-2000, 06:08 AM
Sorry, Brian, must be one of those senior moments. Though for sure it was you and it was PJ instead. LOL!!!!!!!N

Pilgrim
06-01-2000, 09:31 AM
F_H<BR>Brandon starts 10:30 into the CD :)<P>Teach.<BR>Don't worry :) ;)<P>Brian :)N

Vanessa
06-01-2000, 09:36 AM
Thanks ya'll for your comments, I apprecaite them. whether they be good or bad. :) Your welcome TGcraz4GB for the info. I was glad to give it. :) Again, thanks to everyone who posted their comments!! :)<P>VanessaN

elvisfanforever
06-01-2000, 11:53 AM
I too, have the <B>Star Profile</B>cd & book.<BR>I, like everyone else,enjoy the book a lot.<BR>Yes, Brandon's part on the CD is interesting abd informative,..but for the most part, I don't care for the CD part at all...it seems to be kinda' boring and dry, and they could've put in some of the songs with vocals, but would that be a copyright violation? From the sources I've seeen, I get the impression that this is a <B>definately unauthorized biography</B> of Garth.<BR> :D<BR>Lester<BR>N