PDA

View Full Version : PlanetGarth Theme Song

Snow
10-28-2000, 08:31 AM
OK... had too much time on my hands! *lol* Here's a little ditty I'm submitting for your approval. Please feel free to write your own versions and add them here.
<br>
<br>This is dedicated to Brandon, Monica, Teresa and all the crew and members that make PG so special.
<br>
<br>PlanetGarth Theme Song
<br>(Sung to the tune of Gilligan's Island)
<br>
<br>Just sit right back and you'll read a tale
<br>A tale of fateful place
<br>That celebrates all things Garth
<br>And is the best in cyberspace
<br>
<br>The founder is a mighty computing man
<br>The forum administrator kind and wise
<br>All the members jumped aboard
<br>For a 5 year ride, a 5 year ride
<br>
<br>PlanetGarth was the place for fans
<br>An unofficial realm
<br>If not for the courage of the fearless crew
<br>The PG would be lost, the PG would be lost
<br>
<br>The site's fame spread near and wide
<br>And became officially recognized by Garth
<br>With Monica, Brandon too
<br>Teresa the writer, and her style
<br>All the lyrics
<br>The moderators and the forums too
<br>Are here on PlanetGarth
<br>
<br>So this is the tale of our PlanetGarth
<br>We'll all be here for a long, long time
<br>We'll have to make the best of things
<br>It's been an uphill climb
<br>
<br>The founder, the PG Princess, too
<br>Will do their very best
<br>To make the members comfortable
<br>In our nethome nest
<br>
<br>No flames, no slander, no rumor mongering
<br>Not a single profanity
<br>Like a home away from home
<br>It's as nice as it can be
<br>
<br>So join us here each day, my friends
<br>For learning about Garth it's sure the way to start
<br>From all the PG family
<br>Here on PlanetGarth!
<br>N

Vanessa
10-28-2000, 08:39 AM
Very very :cool: Snow!! :) :) I think that it would be a very good theme song!! :)
<br>
<br>Vanessa :)N

gbcrazy
10-28-2000, 08:43 AM
Very Cool Snow.......I like it.
<br>
<br>TerryN

Garth_FANtasizer
10-28-2000, 09:41 AM
You go girl!
<br>
<br>I think the Skipper (Brandon) will like it too, Little Buddy (Snow) LOL
<br>
<br>~Ann~N

garthsgirl
10-28-2000, 10:07 AM
That was great, Snow. Thanks. It has my vote. Do you think we could get Garth to record it, LOL!!
<br>
<br> LisaN

Pixel
10-28-2000, 10:35 AM
Awsome! :) I love it.
<br>Lisa love your idea too. It would be cool if he would and every time we logged on we would hear him singing it!N

SummerWind
10-28-2000, 12:25 PM
Snow,
<br> That was great! It has my vote :)
<br>
<br>JennyN

Pilgrim
10-28-2000, 01:14 PM
That is great Snow:):) Excellent:)
<br>
<br>BrianN

Paula
10-28-2000, 05:26 PM
Snow, great job! If we can't get Garth to sing the theme song, maybe we could get Krista to do it. Since you're her cyber-mom, you might have some pull there.;)
<br>
<br>PaulaN

littlebit
10-28-2000, 05:30 PM
Snow,
<br>
<br>You are so cool! :cool: :P Great song!
<br>
<br>deAnnalynnN

phillygirl4garth
10-28-2000, 06:34 PM
Snow,
<br>
<br>That is too :cool:!
<br>
<br>But now I've got the Gilligan's Island theme song stuck in my head:mad:....lol
<br>
<br>DeniseN

Monica Lockhart
10-28-2000, 09:19 PM
Snow,
<br>
<br>That was sooo cute!!! Thanks! :)
<br>
<br>I asked Brandon if I could start using the title "PG Princess" instead of Forum Administrator but he won't let me! :( RATS!!
<br>
<br>Oh well..... ;)
<br>
<br>BTW... if you have too much time on your hands, I can give you another forum to moderate! :eek:
<br>
<br>Love,
<br>Moni
<br>:cool:N

meli
10-28-2000, 09:30 PM
Well, if Brandon is the Skipper and Snow is Gilligan, then name the other characters! Is Monica Ginger or Mary Ann? Thurston Howell and Lovey? The Professor??
<br>
<br>I need answers and I need them now! LOLN

major tom
10-29-2000, 01:53 AM
Very cool song, Snow. :) :)
<br>
<br>KirstyN

Snow
10-29-2000, 04:16 AM
HEY... I NEVER said I was Gilligan! *lmao*
<br>
<br>The way I figure it... Monica is Gilligan. The Skipper is Brandon of course... then there is the first mate. I'm NOT the first mate... Monica is of course! :):P
<br>
<br>You give directions and I shall follow oh PG Princess! Well... even if he won't let you put down the title for yourself... we ALL know you are the princess... and now it's immortalized in song! SO THERE! If Brandon gives you a hard time then I may have to reword the song a bit! Sugarbritches... or other corruptions of his name has to fit in there somehow!
<br>
<br>Thanks everyone... I was just sure some of you would come up with some other variations... how about a PG Themesong based on The Beverly Hillbillies... or maybe one Garth's songs of course.
<br>
<br>I just picked this one because I heard it as I was surfing and thought it fit. Come on.. ya'll can do it!
<br>
<br>BTW... I'd be HONORED to have Krista sing the PG Theme Song!N

LVGB4EVER
10-29-2000, 04:27 AM
"VERY COOL" SNOW :)
<br>
<br>Take Care
<br>SueN

Vanessa
10-29-2000, 04:31 AM
This is off topic, but why is Brandon called Sugarbritches?? I still haven't figured this one out.... :eek: :)
<br>

Monica Lockhart
10-29-2000, 03:36 PM
Only Teresa Morris can answer that question...
<br>
<br>Care to share the story with us T?
<br>
<br>;)
<br>
<br>MoniN

ShellyGirl
11-09-2000, 05:09 PM
:cool: song, Snow!N

Teresa Morris
11-11-2000, 01:59 PM
Sugarbritches? WHY is Brandon called Sugarbritches??
<br>
<br>OHMY!!! :) That would be like me telling you what I call Garth when he does something that totally infuriates me! hint hint...Garth has referred to his own self by this um..."name" so we'll leave it at that! ;)
<br>
<br>Brandon? Well, he's my Sugarbritches cause he's so cute...cause he's so sweet...cause he's so smart...cause um...geez...wonder if I've complimented him enuff to keep me around this here joint...
<br>
<br>Hum...he's Sugarbritches just cause I say so. Sounds like a perfectly good mature voice of reasonin to me. Hehehe...
<br>
<br>Trust me...the man is a Sugarbritches and DAT is all ya need to know! ;)
<br>
<br>TeresaN

Vanessa
11-11-2000, 02:10 PM
Teresa,
<br>
<br> Thanks for the explanation!! LOL!!! :) :)
<br>

garthistheman
11-11-2000, 03:39 PM
As the Garthmeister would say, " Very Cool" I like it alot
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>TammyN

Wildfire
11-11-2000, 03:50 PM
OMG, I have tears streaming out of my eyes, this theme song is so cute, funny, and cool!!!!!! I think Garth should include this on his unfarewell album, sounds like a #1 hit to me!!!!!N

Snow
11-12-2000, 01:59 AM
Hmmmmmmmmm........ Ms. T.... I think that explaination raised more questions than it answered! *lmao*N

Snow
11-12-2000, 02:18 AM
<b>The PG Family</b>
<br><i>Another PlanetGarth Theme Song
<br>(To the tune of the Adam's Family)</i>
<br>
<br>They're nutty and they're freaky,
<br>Addicted and Kookie,
<br>They're all together ooky,
<br>The PG Family.
<br>
<br>Their house is a forum
<br>Where people come to see 'em
<br>They really are a scream
<br>The PG Family.
<br>
<br>(Nutts)
<br>(Whoohoo)
<br>(Yeehaa)
<br>
<br>So get a western shirt on
<br>A computer that you can post on
<br>We're gonna pay a call on
<br>The PG Family. N

Lowland_Kid
11-13-2000, 01:30 AM
Oh, great, I love being part of the PG family! I liked the second Theme Song even more, Snow. It is more "me", if you know what I mean ;).
<br>
<br>Thanks for posting them!
<br>
<br>MarjolijnN

gbcrazy
11-13-2000, 03:29 AM
Snow,
<br>
<br>That was great!! I Love it. We all are a family that's for sure. What a great song.
<br>
<br>TerryN

Teresa Morris
11-13-2000, 04:05 AM
Snow,
<br>
<br>I plead the 7th...on the grounds that anything further I say will incriminate the crap outta me!!!!! ;)
<br>
<br>TeresaN

trishaandgarth32
11-18-2000, 09:29 AM
o.k o.k o.k i got it this one's to the tune of the beverly hillbillies
<br>
<br> Come listen to a story of a guy named garth,
<br> Ten years ago he stole all our hearts
<br> one day while thinking bout songs in his head
<br> he came across a song about a bunch of friends...
<br> In low places that is...beer cans,
<br> fights, "Push Marie",
<br>
<br> Well the next thing ya know the world likes
<br> him fine, he sells lots of records has a real
<br> good time, one day while celebrating he found
<br> him self callin...Baton Rouge that is, getting
<br> lost in his truck forgetting a map.......
<br>
<br> help me that's all i got what do ou think
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br> N

DixieChick4GB
11-18-2000, 11:26 AM
We have some talented songwriters here ;). Have either of you sent in anything for Garth's new album? :) :) :) Better get to work Snow and trishandgarth32.
<br>
<br>ElaineN

trishaandgarth32
11-18-2000, 12:04 PM
elaine,
<br> that was the sweetest thing anyone has said to me in a long time, thank you so much now that you have written this about me i think i might try and write something to him thank you very much,
<br> Leann
<br> N

Snow
11-18-2000, 02:25 PM
Wow... good job with the Beverly Hillbillies tune! :)
<br>
<br>I wanted to do that one but just couldn't get it to jell in my head. Keep going with it.
<br>
<br>Maybe someone can do one to a Garth tune?!
<br>
<br>We should get a bunch of these together and then we can sing them at the PG convention!N

Snow
01-23-2001, 03:47 PM
There are some WEIRD things that search engines (in this case www.askjeeves.com ) will bring up!:eek:
<br>
<br>I was searching for something to do with Garth and can you believe this thread showed up on the search?!?!:eek:
<br>
<br>BIZARRE!!!
<br>
<br>I was freaked out to think that someone might be searching for something and find this weird couple of PG dittys that I did! :eek:N

gtbjunkie
01-24-2001, 11:35 AM
All the songs are way too cute!!!!! Can't decide which of them I like best! I for one would love to hear Garth sing any of them. Hope he gets wind of these songs. NadineN

garthfamily
01-24-2001, 04:56 PM
Okay this was off the top of my head..Done to the theme "The Battle Of New Orleans" by Johnny Horton
<br>
<br>ok I'm not sure of the year so this is a guess
<br>
<br>In 1995 we took a little trip along with Colonel Brandon down the mighty internet.
<br>We took a little curiousity and a few cd's and we caught the man named Garth in the town of Nashville.
<br>
<br>We looked through the search engines and we seen Planet Garth come oh there must've been a hundred of them pounding on the keyboards. They had so much news it made our hearts ring. We stood beside our computers and didn't say a thing.
<br>Theresa said we could take Garth by surprise if we didnt type our messages till we looked him in the eye. We held our mail til we seen the pics well, then we opened up the forums and showed our feelings well.
<br>
<br>chorus:
<br>We wrote our messages and the threads kept a comin' there wasn't quite as many as there was a while ago,
<br>we posted once more and they began a runnin' on down the internet to the shores of England. Oh they ran through the emails and the chatrooms they ran so fast that we had to check daily to get the latest.
<br>
<br>Oh we loaded pictures and the computers overheated so we grabbed a forum and went another round we filled it with thoughts and wished the best for all and Brandon thought we'd lost our minds.
<br>
<br>repeat chorus twice
<br>hup two three four sound off three four Capital he we come hup two three four
<br>
<br>
<br>Sharon
<br>N

Snow
01-24-2001, 05:03 PM
OH HOW WONDERFUL!!!
<br>
<br>The Battle of New Orleans is one of my all time favorite songs!!! I loved it as a kid and my children love singing it with me as well. Now I have a new way to sing it.
<br>
<br>Thank you Sharon!!!! :) :) :)
<br>
<br>I'm glad I brought this back up now. I hope some others will take a shot as well! :cool:N

garthfamily
01-24-2001, 05:13 PM
Thanks Snow
<br>
<br>My daughter loves the song too. She knows all the words:)N