PDA

View Full Version : This just in on the new album...

majmom
03-20-2000, 06:21 AM
My local country radio station DJs said this morning that 'Garth said' his new album is a "specialty project" that definitely does justice to what it is about (guess he's not ready to give it away just yet) and that he thought there would be a duet with Trisha on it because he couldn't imagine it without one.<P>Hmmmm...very interesting...I bet it's a tribute of some kind...<P>Keep in mind this came from DJs, but they did report it as actually being said by Garth himself...<P>KerryN

Garth_FANtasizer
03-20-2000, 06:56 AM
Thanks, Kerry..<P>Intrinsic Intrique! :)<P>God, I love him!<P>~Ann~N

loreli
03-20-2000, 07:20 AM
I wonder if it's a tribute to country legends?<P>That would be cool! :D<P>LoiN

BlueRose
03-20-2000, 07:30 AM
Thanks Kerry! <B>A N T I P A T I O N</B>.....<P>Thanks for the congrats on the poem also! I'd love to be able to present a copy of the book to Garth and show him what I wrote about the inspiration for it!<P>Cheryl<BR>N

BlueRose
03-20-2000, 07:31 AM
Alrighty then, that should have been "anticipation". Hehehe<P>Cheryl<BR>N

elvisfanforever
03-20-2000, 08:23 AM
Kerry, <BR>Most DJ's use Billboard, or any number of Country Music Magazines for their news sources. Wish we knew what there source was...sure would like to know more!<BR>Maybe a new album, whether it's a 'tribute'<BR>kind or not will help Garth get back on top,<BR>where he belongs!!<BR>Lester<BR>N

Pilgrim
03-20-2000, 11:29 AM
Very cool news :D :D<P>I agree with elvisfanforever :D<P>BrianN

BigGfan4life
03-20-2000, 11:54 AM
I would love a new album, but NOT another duet with Trisha. I love Trisha and her music, but I'm kinda tired of hearing them sing together :o :o :oN

hugeGBnutt
03-20-2000, 11:56 AM
if its a tribute album i hope its to ALL his influences, i hope its not a "country tribute album" as was suggested or a george strait tribute album :( :( :(.....i could handle it if it was some of them plus some of his rock influences (i.e. Billy Joel, KISS, ect.) :D.....that would really suck to hate his last album :(<P>aRiN

Pilgrim
03-20-2000, 11:59 AM
I agree with you Shannon :D<P>Ari<BR>I think it would be cool if he recorded songs that has meant something to him earlier :)<P>BrianN

03-20-2000, 12:43 PM
Ughhhh I absolutly cannot stand Trisha Yearwood! I never could, even before her and Garth started doing all this stuff together. I swear there is somthing going on between them. He can't imagine a album without a duet with them? Well I can.... GARTH BROOKS, NO FENCES, ROPIN THE WIND, THE CHASE, IN PIECES, FRESH HORSES, THE HITS! Sure, maybe she has backup on them but I'm sorry, her voice sounds like a cow in labor. I will boycott the duet album, if there is even one, hopefully not.N

Chris Gaines
03-20-2000, 01:23 PM
Forrest,<P>Trisha Sung on 5 of those albums you mentioned LOL<P>So try imagining again :)<BR>LOL<P>Read the credits =)<BR>JasonN

loreli
03-20-2000, 01:23 PM
Forrest,<P>You can boycott it, I'll be first in line. LOL<P>LoriN

03-20-2000, 01:38 PM
Duh you idiot, I even said in my post that I know she did BACKUPS. I have read the credits, WHY DONT YOU READ THE POSTS BETTER?N

Karen4GB
03-20-2000, 01:49 PM
I can't wait to find out what the project is! :D<P>-Karen-<P>ps I hope that smiley face came out a big grin, that is what it was supposed to be*N

redstrokes77
03-20-2000, 03:27 PM
Is that Forrest G-U-M-P or G-R-U-M-P :(N

Pilgrim
03-20-2000, 08:18 PM
ForrestGump<P>I agree with you about Trishs, but that's no reason for calling Jason an idiot :(<BR>He's not :)<P>BrianN

Pilgrim
03-20-2000, 11:28 PM
Forrest!<P>I just noticed :o Why are you unregistered?? :)<P>BrianN

splitzer
03-21-2000, 12:09 AM
<B>Forrest</B><P>Please be polite. I'm <I>this</I> close to calling you to Brandon's attention. Nobody deserves to be treated that way, and we have all managed to handle much more <B>significant</B> differences of opinion without getting mean. Right Brian? :)<P>Garth Always,<BR>DanielleN

splitzer
03-21-2000, 12:13 AM
Oh, right, an actual response to the topic!<P>I <I>really</I> hope that the next album is NOT a tribute album. Not to say that it wouldn't be great, but I don't want Garth's last album -and let's face it, folks, it's very possible that it will be his last, at least for a while- to be other people's stuff. I want NEW GARTH MUSIC! Don't you love the anticipation and excitement of listening to a Garth song for the first time? I know I do, and it's been a while. So, while I would enjoy a tribute album, I hope the next album is new Garth stuff. He's so talented. I just... want new Garth stuff. :)<P>Anyone get where I'm coming from and/or agree with me?<P>Garth Always,<BR>DaniellleN

minnesotagbfan
03-21-2000, 12:17 AM
danielle,<P>i totally agree with you <P>russN

SweetGBFan
03-21-2000, 12:39 AM
I think a duet album would be great. I love Trisha and I think she and Garth have so much chemistry together. Any new Garth album will be great. I do hope its country music. If it is his last Im sure it will be great. PS No need to call people idiots. N

Pilgrim
03-21-2000, 01:19 AM
Danielle :)<P>You're right :)<BR>I try my best not to offend any PGer personally :o<P>I also agree with you about the album.<BR>If it's gonna be his last (which is very likely) it should be a Garth album <I>ONLY!!</I>.<BR>Of course, I wouldn't mind a triple CD release ;) ;)<P>1. New Garth music<BR>2. Tribute music to GS, KISS, BJ etc.<BR>3. Duet album with Trisha, Chris, Steve, Don and who ever he want to sing with :)<P>Brian ;)N

03-21-2000, 09:25 AM
Well Pilgrim, what do you mean I am unregistered? Since I have the email from the PG admistration telling me that I am a member and I have a password, also for the simple fact that I am still posting. <P>Can this ChrisGaines guy not stand up for himself that all of you must do it for him? Please remember that it was he who said somthing to me first, I simply replyed to his message. So what if I called him a idiot, I can think of many worse things to call a person. Oviously he is a idiot, telling me Trisha is on those albums when I even noted in my post that she was on them. Then he tells me to read the credits, its pretty ovious that I have why dosn't he start reading the simple 5 sentence posts now? <P>Spitzer, you make me laugh. No actully you make me shake, threatening to tell Brandon on me like that. I really do not know how I would live with myself knowing I got kicked off of Planet Garth. Oh dear I hope it dosn't show up on my personal record!N

Chris Gaines
03-21-2000, 10:20 AM
Forrest,<P>This is your verbal warning, calm down. No one is "Perfect" in this world. Not me, and not you either. If you want to continue your bashing, you can look up my email address and send it away. This forum is NOT here you YOU to bash on the members, or to bash myself.<P>Like I said, if you got a BEEF with me, send it on over to my email address... it's just a click away (below.. just to make it easier)<BR> <A HREF="mailto:chrisgaines@aol.com">chrisgaines@aol.com</A> .<P>If you can't send it to me in email, then DON'T say it at all.<P>Thanks :)<BR>JasonN

03-21-2000, 10:27 AM
I have nothing to say to you, what I did want to say I already said. I could care less who you are or what you think of me, so don't look for a email from me because there won't be one.N

Pilgrim
03-21-2000, 12:30 PM
Well, Mr. ForrestGump<P>I find you a bit offensive here :o You KNOW you were unregistered when I wrote this!<P>Please DO NOT attack the others the way you do.<P>NOBODY has attacked you, so why act this way??<P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR>Spitzer, you make me laugh. No actully you make me shake, threatening to tell Brandon on me like that. I really do not know how I would live with myself knowing I got kicked off of Planet Garth. Oh dear I hope it dosn't show up on my personal record!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Yes you are INDEED scared, otherwise you would let your e-mail addy viewable. Do you have the guts to do that??<BR>And this comment to Danielle was WAY over the line :(<P>Please behave! :)<P>BrianN

03-21-2000, 12:40 PM
I never give out my email on these message boards because they fill my email up with 50% junk mail, at least others do so but if you must have it lemonade_n_brownies@email.com THERE! And please do tell me why I would be afraid of a bunch of Garth Brooks fans? Don't get me wrong I myself am one but really you guys are harmless and why would I be afraid to get kicked off of a message board. Big Whoop! This message board does not allow you to post if you are unregistered. If you want me whoop! <BR>to I will attach a copy of the email sent to me the day I became a member. The date on the email with my password is 3/17/00 <BR>Really though if you must act like a bunch of 5th graders go right ahead and tell Brandon, I personally do not care. N

Pilgrim
03-21-2000, 12:50 PM
Believe it or not, you were unregistered earlier today :)<P>I don't know what happened :o<P>BrianN

Patty8660
03-21-2000, 12:56 PM
Well, trying to get back to the orginal subject....<P>I would love some new stuff, but I would also like it if he included some songs that he either did on another album, like Hard Luck Woman, (I think that's the title), or "What You Gonna Do With a Cowboy, well you get the picture.<P>I think I heard Garth make a comment once that he would like to do a duet with Reba, that would be so cool. I also wouldn't mind another duet with Trisha.<P>Whatever he does, I wish he would do it soon.<P>Patty :)<BR>N

Chris Gaines
03-21-2000, 01:29 PM
Forrest so ya know you don't get "SPAMMED" from PlanetGarth. :)<P>I've always had my address visible and have yet to get "Junk" email because of it here :)<P>okies ;)<BR>JasonN

minnesotagbfan
03-21-2000, 01:49 PM
is there a new album coming out or are people hoping for one?N

honky
03-21-2000, 02:12 PM
Oh great!! I don't mind with duets with Trisha :) But not whole album! <P>I am also looking forward to new stuff!!<P><BR>TommyN

Chris Gaines
03-21-2000, 07:05 PM
Minnesota,<P>New Album due out in November.. it was announced by Pat on a Radio show :)<P>JasonN

marla with a b
03-21-2000, 07:16 PM
I hope that the new album is totally new country and a duet with Trisha is always a nice addition (as long as you can hear Garth too :) ).....I agree with all that feel this might be the last album for a while.<P>I personally think Garth just needs to take some time off --- but he can never leave the music forever -- he loves it too much. You can tell whenever he sings a song.<P>Whatever it is, I'll be there at midnight to buy, as usual :)<P>marla with a b<P>N

Neal Doerner
03-22-2000, 03:45 AM
I have an Idea about what Garth Said about this ablum being a "Speciality Project".<BR>He could have been talking about his working on some songs for the movie "Frequency".<BR>He was asked to write a few songs for that soundtrack.<BR>I hope that if he does do a new album this year(other than The Lamb and Frequency), I hope that it is a new original material album. This would make more sense that anything, since SEVENS was released almost 3 years ago, and that was his last studio album all original material. Garth knows that his fans crave new stuff, but enjoy the old stuff, as well.<P>(As for a Duet album, forget Trisha-Garth needs to concentrate on his life and career.As much as I have enjoyed their duets, I think that he could find someone else to do a duet with(What about george strait).N

MelMalovesGB4eva
03-22-2000, 06:25 AM
Obviously some newbies need to learn the rules. <P>I like Trisha and think she has a wonderful voice. I'd like to see them do duets together, though maybe not a whole album. I would love to hear some new Garth even though I never tire of listening to the old stuff.N

Snow
03-22-2000, 06:40 AM
I have nothing against a "tribute album" but I'm really craving something original! Especially if this is Garth's last project (I don't think it will be though)... I want to hear Garth singing some original music. I know he was working on some a while back... so hopefully that is what it is.<P>ONE song as a duet with Trish would be okay... I don't want a whole album of Garth-Trish duets though. I like Trish... but not that much.N