PDA

View Full Version : JMM- THe little Girl

SummerWind
10-27-2000, 11:09 AM
Hi,
<br> Just wondering what you all think of John Michael's latest "The Little Girl". It makes me cry everytime I hear it! Am I the only one bawling on my way to work?
<br>
<br>JennyN

Jude
10-27-2000, 11:33 AM
Jenny
<br>Not heard it yet. Don't get alot of country music over here.N

cybersadie
10-27-2000, 11:40 AM
Harmon & Evans, the morning DJs on my local country station has voted it the #1 most depressing country song ever! N

SummerWind
10-27-2000, 11:49 AM
For those that have not heard it.....here are the lyrics!
<br>
<br>Her parents never took the young girl to church
<br>Never spoke of His name
<br>Never read her His word
<br>Two non-believers walking lost in this world
<br>Took their baby with them
<br>What a sad little girl
<br>
<br>Her daddy drank all day and mommy did drugs
<br>Never wanted to play
<br>Or give kisses and hugs
<br>She'd watch the TV and sit there on the couch
<br>While her mom fell asleep
<br>And her daddy went out
<br>
<br>And the drinking and the fighting
<br>just got worse every night
<br>Behind their couch she'd be hiding
<br>Oh what a sad little life
<br>And like it always does, the bad just got worse
<br>With every slap and every curse
<br>Until her daddy in a drunk rage one night
<br>Used a gun on her mom and then took his life
<br>
<br>And some people from the city took the girl far away
<br>To a new mom and dad
<br>And kisses and hugs everyday
<br>Her first day of Sunday school the teacher walked in
<br>And a small little girl
<br>Stared a picture of Him
<br>
<br>She said I know that man up there on that cross
<br>I don't know His name
<br>But I know He got off
<br>He was there in my old house
<br>and held me close to His side
<br>As I hid there behind our couch
<br>The night that my parents died
<br>
<br>
<br>N

kjsyong
10-30-2000, 12:20 AM
hey jenny.
<br>
<br>i love this song by JMM...
<br>
<br>it is so meaningful and touching... it does fell on the sad side of the day.. poor girl..
<br>
<br>:(
<br>
<br>KelN

minnesotagbfan
10-30-2000, 02:48 AM
i get close to tears but i am always telling people at work to listen to the song .. not to just hear it..N

kjsyong
10-30-2000, 02:59 AM
yeah ...
<br>
<br>not just hear it!! this song deserve the priority to listen... it is really touching... oh poor girl.. really!! how sad.. but at least at the end.. that little girl got home where she can get all the cares and hugs.. ^_^
<br>
<br>KelN

splitzer
11-11-2000, 10:22 PM
I've never considered it a sad song. Yes, the little girl's situation is VERY sad, and the situation her parent's have gotten themselves into is VERY sad, but I don't see that as the focus of the song, so the song doesn't sadden me. The point is that Jesus is always with you, which is a very HAPPY thing! Just my take on it! :)
<br>
<br>Garth Always,
<br>DanielleN

fuzzwuzz
11-14-2000, 07:07 PM
Jesus said we can not enter the Kingdom of heaven without the faith of a child. This song, to me, shows the reality of that through the reality of life(and death) itself. That life really stinks sometimes, but it did too for the one who died but got on and off his cross of pain and they held onto eachother through her pain too. Jesus clearly identifies with her(and our) pain in those lyrics, and for the little girl, his help and presence is very real and alive. As real as her pain, if that makes any sense!
<br> Brian, if you have this song please put it on my tape!
<br> Is there a single available? Sounds like a song of hope to me, because this world can be pretty darn depressing, not the music itself. Didn't Garth say we need to talk about things like this instead of keeping them hidden under the rug? In defense of The Thunder Rolls video he said that i think.
<br> N

kjsyong
11-16-2000, 09:21 PM
I find this song can reflect many different view from different people.
<br>
<br>JMM really good in singing this song :) i like this song, even though it seems sad with the content of the song. But it has some strong meaning like fuzzy wuzzy said. :)
<br>
<br>Kel.N

fuzzwuzz
11-17-2000, 07:31 PM
Kel, I haven't even heard the song yet. It just so happens someone had last week told me about it because of Garth she thought I'd like it too. Then, when I saw the lyrics here, I understood what she had been trying to tell me in just the lyrics alone. What an impact our words can have! We need more stuff like The Little Girl put out so maybe we will see the importance of listening to the words and taking them to heart as music could and should be. Garth is right, music is a big sword meant to be picked up and swung for all it's worth!N

ferretcrazy
11-20-2000, 12:13 PM
Does anybody know who wrote this song? Was it JMM or somebody unknown?
<br>
<br> JoanN

splitzer
11-20-2000, 12:22 PM
I don't know who wrote it, but it wasn't JMM - Apparantly MANY MANY singers in Nashville were trying to get the rights to this song - including Garth - and JMM won, for whatever reason... I'm gonna go find out who wrote it, brb. :)
<br>
<br>...
<br>
<br>Okay, I'm back! According to JMM's site, it was written by Harley Allen. I do not know who that is, but some of you songwriters may. This is where I got that from: http://www.johnmichael.com/Disocgr/08/08.html
<br>
<br>Garth Always,
<br>Danielle<P>(This message has been edited by splitzer)N

AlwaysaGBFan
11-21-2000, 04:05 PM
Does anybody out there know where I can find some guitar music for The Little Girl????
<br>
<br>AllenN