PDA

View Full Version : the best 20 minutes i have had this year.....

minnesotagbfan
10-27-2000, 05:32 AM
ok.....i am not having a easy time while i am sitting here listening to the pc.. my eyes are wet.. the screen appears blurry.. and all along i have had this feeling the marathon multi city tour would be the end... the "if" thing threw me off.. i never expected that... but i have been thinking about this year and some of the things that happened this year.. and getting into arguments at work and standing up for garth ... i keep coming back to the same thing...
<br>
<br>
<br>i can close my eyes and see and hear him at equality rocks back on april 29th....i am gonna miss that so much...from what i feel... he is doing this beacuse he needs to NOT BECAUSE HE WANTS TO... i need to end this becuase i cant see too well and i dont have no kleenex..:(
<br>
<br>russN

angelamccann
10-27-2000, 05:52 AM
Hey russ, come here - (((BIG GARTH HUG)))
<br>
<br>I got one from the man himself a couple of weeks ago, so I learned from the master!
<br>
<br>Feel better?
<br>
<br>Angela xN

SummerWind
10-27-2000, 06:20 AM
Russ,
<br> I kind of felt the same thing. If Garth is doing this because he really wants to then I am all for it. I think he deserves whatever his heart desires. BUT if he is doing this because he feels he has to....well I just feel bad for him.....having to give up something he loves. I guess it must have been a very hard decision. I am sure he was torn...and maybe still is.
<br>
<br>Jenny<P>(This message has been edited by SummerWind)N

loreli
10-27-2000, 07:49 AM
Big Garth hug ((((((Russ))))))
<br>
<br>It's very diffiuclt to see the pain this decision is causing. If I could have one wish, it would be to take that pain away. For Garth and for all of us too.
<br>
<br>My heart aches for all who hurt.
<br>
<br>Lori N

nelty
10-27-2000, 07:52 AM
awww... russ..
<br>
<br>just think that he is happy.... so be happy for him. :)
<br>
<br>NellyN

garthsgirl
10-27-2000, 08:51 AM
Like Garth sings in How You Ever Gonna Know "Anything in life worth havin'/Lord, it has it's sacrifice/But the gift that you're receiving/Is worth more than the price
<br> He's giving up the road to be the father he knows he is capable of to his children. Yes, it hurts me to know I may never see him on stage, but there is still hope in that too. He did speak of a possibility of 6 or 7 shows in conjunction with the release of a new album. So, even if i can't get tickets, i will still get the thrill one last time, of seeing one of the best entertainers do his thing on my television screen.
<br> Of course it is hurting him to give up something he obviously loves so much. But he realizes what a huge chunk of time that takes away from the people he loves most. God bless him. He will always be active within the industry-whether it be writing or producing. And he's talking screenplays, and more on The Lamb project, when the studio gives him the green light. All isn't lost, and I am thrilled at the prospects of things to come.
<br>
<br> Lisa<P>(This message has been edited by garthsgirl)N

Garth_FANtasizer
10-27-2000, 09:31 AM
Here's another hug for you, Russ ((HUG))
<br>
<br>You can think about that duet album with Trisha! Maybe Trisha will be out on tour, and Garth can show up to surprise everyone and sing some of those duets with her!
<br>
<br>Does that cheer you up at all? :)
<br>
<br>~Ann~
<br> N

minnesotagbfan
10-27-2000, 10:46 AM
nope cuz it wont happen... he wont just show up.... if he wasnt gonna topur for awhile .. why wouldnt he just say... "not gonna tour for awhile" and that would be that...
<br>
<br>i do understand why he is doin what hes doin...
<br>
<br>
<br>1000 :(
<br>N

cybersadie
10-27-2000, 10:54 AM
Russ
<br>
<br>I'm right there with you pal. I'm trying so hard not to cry about this but not doing so good. I understand why he has to do this and I'm not angry at him. But it doesn't mean saying goodbye gets any easier. N

Pilgrim
10-27-2000, 03:48 PM
Cheer up Russ:):)
<br>
<br>You'll get used to it eventually;);)
<br>
<br>Brian *LOL*N

Garth4Prez
10-27-2000, 05:09 PM
Hi Russ,
<br>I'm there with ya! I had a good cry the other night...oct 25th...
<br>You should read my story...not a good one, probably make you cry again...LOL...or laugh now...
<br>Hang in there!
<br>Lisa HN

fuzzwuzz
10-27-2000, 05:24 PM
"Do What Ya Gotta Do" Garth. Thanks for showing us how it's done.N

minnesotagbfan
10-27-2000, 11:02 PM
brian,
<br>
<br>what am i suppose to get use to... watching various tapes and seeing how happy he seems to be doing one of the reasons god put him here....i understand is trying to take care of his girls and his family..but you know what brian....kids want their parents to be happy too.. if they can sense that their dad isnt happy by not being able to tour..they will just think they are to blame for him not being happy...
<br>
<br>
<br>oh btw... to those who gave me hugs...thanks !!!
<br>
<br>and to those who are LOLing at me...i am having a hard time dealing with this...ok??
<br>
<br>
<br>N

kristen166
10-28-2000, 06:16 AM
Hmm well Garth is saying he won't be doing much of nothing even on the weekends cause he is not a weekend warrior but I am sure he will still pop out sometimes. :rolleyes:
<br>
<br>When his youngest turns 14 or 15 he will get bored. My mother was always around all my life, room mother, this and that and when I got 15 I didn't want her around as much, I loved her but kids need breathing space.:) Then maybe then he will become a weekend warrior. :eek:N

loreli
10-28-2000, 06:46 AM
what am i suppose to get use to... watching various tapes and seeing how happy he seems to be doing one of the reasons god put him here....i understand is trying to take care of his girls and his family..but you know what brian....kids want their parents to be happy too.. if they can sense that their dad isnt happy by not being able to tour..they will just think they are to blame for him not being happy...
<br>
<br>I agree Russ and this really, really worries me...
<br>
<br>LoriN

fuzzwuzz
10-28-2000, 09:11 AM
Garth is doing this for the same reason he said he did the Equality Rocks concert-"It's the right thing to do."
<br> Is that a 'hobby' only to be explored on weekends? Not for Garth!N

Vanessa
10-28-2000, 09:14 AM
good point fuzzwuzz, I agree!! :) :)
<br>
<br>Vanessa :)N

Garth_FANtasizer
10-28-2000, 10:29 AM
Russ,
<br>
<br>I understand how you feel. I am not jumping up and down doing backflips over this either.
<br>
<br>Its taking time, but with each day that goes by, I get a better handle on the situation.
<br>
<br>Garth has always given 100% to his music and his fans. We have reaped the benifits of his hard work. He has been rewarded for it as well, but he has also paid the ultimate price for it too.
<br>
<br>He carries so much guilt for the time he has spent away from his family. He lost his beloved mom, his marriage is hanging by a thread, and his three beautiful daughters are looking to him for a stable foundation. One that Garth himself knows he was given by his own parents, through their own personal sacrafices, for the good of the family.
<br>
<br>Garth can't afford to lose his girls. He made a trade. He gave up something he loves, and will miss, for something he can't live without. They are his life.
<br>
<br>We would not see the man he is today, if he had made any other decision. He wouldn't be a happy man.
<br>
<br>So, I am still sad that he was given this cross to bear, but I will be grateful for anything that Garth can share with us in the future.
<br>
<br>Its ok to hurt. I wish I could make both of us feel better. :)
<br>
<br>~Ann~
<br>
<br>
<br> N

minnesotagbfan
10-28-2000, 10:43 AM
ann,
<br>
<br>you said this ....
<br>
<br>So, I am still sad that he was given this cross to bear, but I will be grateful for anything that Garth can share with us in the future.
<br>
<br>i will also be grateful for what he does in the future.. this isnt why i am so down... its because ..to me.. what if this isnt the answer... some where else i said .. kids want the parents happy too.. and if he isnt happy by not being able to tour.. they will feel they are to blame for his unhappiness......
<br>
<br>i always knew that he was done touring .. but to hear it out of his mouth ..still was shocking... :(
<br>
<br>someday i hope to not feel the way i do...
<br>
<br>russ
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>N

Pilgrim
10-28-2000, 10:58 AM
Russ!!!:)
<br>
<br>TRUST ME!!! I am talking from experience:):)
<br>
<br>You WILL learn to live with it:)
<br>
<br>For me he has been done touring the last 6 years as he haven't been here. He hasn't even been on TV more than maximum 7 times in those 6 years.
<br>
<br>You are worse than me pal;);)
<br>
<br>Of course his girls will feel that their dad isn't happy, but that is HIS problem all alone and not yours;)
<br>You shouldn't feel bad about that now:)
<br>
<br>I don't feel bad for him if that happens because it is his own decision and there is still a chance that he can prevent that from happening by touring and make new music again, but not as much as before.:)
<br>
<br>9 out of 10 PGers have been applauding this retirement, so why not let him retire?? That is what everybody wants:)
<br>
<br>CHEER UP PAL:):):)
<br>
<br>BrianN

honky
10-28-2000, 11:29 AM
<br>Russ,
<br>
<br>
<br>Garth did the most wonderful thing at the EQUALITY ROCKS :) And this kind of thing can last forever :)
<br>
<br>
<br>Think positively cuz "the difference" that brought everybody together is an awakening of unity and discrimination-free ;)
<br>
<br>
<br>I am grateful of what Garth has/had done :) It's enough for me :) I am happy for his decision and how he wants to spend his latter part of life with. It's his life and I can only be happy for him :)
<br>
<br>
<br>:rolleyes:Tommy:rolleyes:
<br>N

honky
10-28-2000, 11:31 AM
<br>
<br>Oh.. did I mention that I miss being Garth's online defender? *LOL* All those votings were just too crazy!!! :P
<br>
<br>
<br>TommyN

minnesotagbfan
10-28-2000, 11:36 AM
brian,
<br>
<br>i am sooooooooo glad that you know EXACTLY what i am feeling...
<br>
<br>you dont have any clue ..do you??
<br>
<br>its not about how i feel... i just think that he is doing what he needs to do .. not what he wants to do..remember he kept saying... "today is a good day" i think he kept repeating it so he would believe it;)
<br>
<br>
<br>i think that somehow .. someway... he could do both...;)
<br>
<br>russN

Pilgrim
10-28-2000, 01:27 PM
Well, I am sure I know what you are feeling;);)
<br>
<br>But your case seems worse than mine:eek:;)
<br>
<br>I don't understand you though why you talk about it now:rolleyes: Why not before??
<br>
<br>i think you are right though that deep inside it is not what he really wants, but more a case of that he feel he has let the family down, and that's why he is coming down with this over reacted decision:rolleyes:
<br>
<br>You shouldn't feel sad though as he always take care of his US fans:)
<br>You will get a chance to see him again before me;)
<br>
<br>BrianN

cybersadie
10-30-2000, 04:41 AM
Russ
<br>
<br>I agree with you 150%. I have kep saying in the past year that if Garth chooses to retire because it is genuinely what he wants I could have no complaints. But at no point have I ever been given the impression that he has stopped loving being "Garth Brooks". It absolutely seems like he is being dutiful, a fine thing to want to be. But still...
<br>
<br>To tell the truth, in the years that I have been a fan. The repetition of "today is a good day" has been the only time I've ever felt lied to by the the big guy. He doesn't believe it and neither do I.N