PDA

View Full Version : Garth's New Movie Sountrack

GarthBrooksFan4Life
03-19-2000, 11:20 PM
<BR> <BR> :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)<P><BR>Garth Brooks Working On New Movie Soundtrack <BR>(2/22/00, 5 p.m. ET) - Garth Brooks is working on material to be included in the soundtrack to the new Dennis Quaid movie, Frequency.<BR>Brooks got to view the movie for the first time last week, right before heading out to spring training with the New York Mets. "I've never written or sang anything for a movie," he said. "I walk in, I don't want to see the movie at all, I walk in and I fall in love with it. And then come to find out the whole center point of the movie is the '69 amazing Mets. And I'm was sittin' there going, 'God, do you believe in karma or what?'"<P>More details on Brooks's contribution should be available later this week.<P>In related news, Brooks arrived in Port St. Lucie, Fla. on Saturday (Feb. 19) to attend spring training with the New York Mets. Prior to his first practice, the Mets' organization held a press conference with the singer. He talked with the press about his hopes for the 2000 season.<P>"The goal, of course, is not to embarrass major league baseball or the New York Mets but hopefully totally the opposite," he said. "My whole goal here when I walk away will be that people see my respect for the game is unequaled and hopefully see that my love for the game is equal to any family on the other side of the fence. I feel very lucky to be here. I feel very, very lucky that I get to play baseball, especially of this caliber and then thinking that it's doing something hopefully for kids out there that need it -- that makes it a win-win situation."<P>Brooks joined the team as a non-roster player. All proceeds from his participation with the New York Mets will be donated to his Touch 'Em All Foundation benefiting children's charities.<BR>_____________________________________________I thought someone here might want to read this.<P> :) :) <BR> ~Sophie~ <P> <BR>N

angelamccann
03-19-2000, 11:34 PM
Yes, yes - I love to read anything about the man (anything truthful that is!).<P>Thanks for posting, Sophie!<P>Angela xN

Pilgrim
03-20-2000, 12:01 AM
Thanks for sharing :)<P>I thought his goal was to collect money to TEA alone, and not to think too much about baseball, just "play it to show off that he <B>"works SO hard"</B> to collect these money".<P>BrianN

Razorzac18
11-07-2005, 10:40 AM
this is going to be great....A new box set and then this.....

G&TTreknTech77
11-07-2005, 11:03 AM
This song appeared on the album Scarecrow which you can learn more about here:

http://www.planetgarth.com/songs/when_you_come_back_to_me_again.php

Ryan

PJ
11-07-2005, 01:09 PM
this is going to be great....A new box set and then this.....
If you check the dates, this news is 5 years old. ;)

Loreli28
11-07-2005, 01:17 PM
darn I thought this was gonna be about unreleased CG material for the new boxed set. That is on my wish list :)

Lori

dee12682
11-07-2005, 09:46 PM
Ya'll are garth nuts and you havent heard of this? That is ancient

Razorzac18
11-08-2005, 09:52 AM
I am sorry, gosh, you guys sure do rip a guy for a little mistake. I am a new Garth Fan and just getting into his music and I messed up. Geez. You people are not very nice.

PJ
11-08-2005, 10:06 AM
Don't get the wrong idea Razor, some of us just wanted to bring it to your attention in case you didn't realize. Since you're new, why don't you go over to the Welcome to PG forum and introduce yourself to everybody?

Snow
11-08-2005, 09:56 PM
*LOL*...... not a problem....... but how'd you manage to dig this up out of the thousands of posts without realizing it was old?

Anyway.... go to the welcome forum and say hi.

Also be sure to check out the FAQ thread stuck at the top of the main Garth forum.

I dont think anyone was really mean... just puzzled and surprised. I've been on messageboards since they first existed and if you think this was mean you'll be really surprised when you visit other large sites. *lol*

riverdancer
12-16-2005, 07:58 PM
So I went out and bought the new box set but I still haven't seen the movie soundtrack... So whats the deal? Is he going to play in the movie or what? Im so excited!!! It's a great year for Garth fans, the only true fans in music.

viabreakingfree
12-16-2005, 08:34 PM
The song is on the Scarecrow CD....When You Come Back to Me Again....the movie is old now. Good, but old.

Razorzac18
12-16-2005, 10:50 PM
So I went out and bought the new box set but I still haven't seen the movie soundtrack... So whats the deal? Is he going to play in the movie or what? Im so excited!!! It's a great year for Garth fans, the only true fans in music.

Dude I know exactly what you mean. I went and bought the box set and can't find the movie soundtrack either....the box set is ok - but I already own all of these CDs. i want something new besides this disk that was full of stuff that wasnt good enough to make a regular CD. Garth - give me my soundtrack that is spoke of - or at least do another CG album.

Mr_Sevens
12-17-2005, 03:42 PM
Dude I know exactly what you mean. I went and bought the box set and can't find the movie soundtrack either....the box set is ok - but I already own all of these CDs. i want something new besides this disk that was full of stuff that wasnt good enough to make a regular CD. Garth - give me my soundtrack that is spoke of - or at least do another CG album.

soundtrack? Garth only did one song for "Frequency" and that was "When You Come Back To Me Again". There never was a soundtrack to Frequency.

plus, the Lost Sessions aren't songs that weren't good enough...they were songs that just never made it to an album. Most of the songs there I find to be Garth's best.