PDA

View Full Version : Article on the New Dixie Chick video....."stunt butt" and sad ending

Cheryl
10-25-2000, 04:57 AM
From Nashville Celebrities with Brad Schmitt:
<br>
<br>
Brad About You
<br>Can you believe the Chicks used a 'stunt butt?'
<br>
<br>This was one of the funnier debates at the newspaper.
<br>
<br>I got an advance copy of The Dixie Chicks' video for Without You, and everyone in the video (including the Chicks) is naked.
<br>
<br>Not in a lewd way, but in a beautiful, artistic way. So maybe I should use the word "nude." But I digress.
<br>
<br>At one point, there's a shot of a nude guy, followed by a sh ot of a person on his/her stomach, and half a tush is exposed. (The rest is covered by a sheet.)
<br>
<br>This brings us to question one: Does the nude butt belong to a guy or a girl? After six replays (some in slow motion), two high-ranking Tennessean execs and I decided it belonged to a woman.
<br>
<br>Which brings us to question two: Since you can see some brown hair on top of the woman's head, did said tush b elong to Chick Emily Robison, the only brunette Chick (and my personal fave)?
<br>
<br>I posed this important question to a Chicks publicist, who replied: "It's not Emily. It's a stunt butt."
<br>
<br>Be the first on your block to catch the video: It makes its debut at 9 a.m. today on CMT, InterMedia Channel 30. The video also airs at 2 p.m. and 10 p.m.
<br>---------------------------------------------------
<br>The same video has heart-wrenching end
<br>
<br>The Dixie Chicks' video for Without You, which makes its debut today on CMT, ends with the following dedication:
<br>
<br>"Jackson Miles Ezell. Oct. 7-11, 2000."
<br>
<br>The story is a tragic one: The Chicks used a nine-months-pregnant actress to make the video, and that actress gave birth just a couple of days after the video was shot.
<br>
<br>The baby lived just a few days.
<br>
<br>The tragedy sparked lots of conversation among the Chick s and management about whether to release the video, a conversation made even more sensitive because lead singer Natalie Maines is pregnant. So eventually, the baby's family was brought into the conversation.
<br>
<br>"It is with the deepest sympathy and at the request of the family that Without You be released and dedicated to his loving memory," the Chicks said in a statement.
<br>N

loreli
10-25-2000, 05:08 AM
Oh that is so sad. :(
<br>
<br>LoriN

littlebit
10-25-2000, 07:31 AM
guys,
<br>
<br>there's a mom who really needs some Garth angels right now. :( So Sad :(
<br>