PDA

View Full Version : October 26th

thedance_2000
10-23-2000, 12:56 PM
The big day.... What is your prediction of what the press confrence will be mostly about?N

thedance_2000
10-23-2000, 01:02 PM
this is not a wishful thinking poll.... its a reality poll.... what does your gut feeling tell you?N

frequency
10-23-2000, 02:24 PM
Countrycool.com has a story there telling about what Garth told the fans at the Opry, and the only other place I've heard about him saying this is here, at PG. Where people from PG heard him say that the story was misquoted and reported it here at PG. I think he'd like to straighten this out and beat the tabloids to it. Where countrycool got their info is what I'd like to know. Were they there and heard it? Or did they read it here, which is a very reliable source I'd say. Other than that, I think he'll talk about everything under the sun. Hey, maybe he wants to tell People magazine that he's 38 and not 37 as their story reported. Heck, maybe he'll say, "Thanks!"N

Pilgrim
10-23-2000, 03:33 PM
New album possibility and other projects :)
<br>
<br>BrianN

no1cowgirl
10-23-2000, 04:08 PM
How about.....ALL? *L*
<br>
<br>I think Garth will be addressing all those issues....one in particular...anyways *L*
<br>
<br>KristaN

Monica Lockhart
10-23-2000, 06:32 PM
I agree with Mrs. Gaines....
<br>
<br>I think Garth will be talking about several of these issues...
<br>
<br>:)
<br>
<br>MoniN

G-f
10-24-2000, 02:54 PM
Personally I'm ready FOR him to address some or all of the subjects and stop with the no's, yes or maybe's. I think its about time to "Do what needs to be done," whether he feels we or anyone else will like it or not. The guessing game is getting sort of old and I would rather know one way or the other.
<br>I can say I wish he and Sandy could make a go of it and take the girls along as they did before, it can be done we know that but both of them have to want it. Or it can be done in the George Strait and Alan J. fashion and just cut back on concerts. Also I hope he continues to do albums, concerts now and then would be nice too, but I just want to know FOR SURE. :)
<br>Guess it won't be long now until we do, I HOPE.N

gbfans66
10-24-2000, 03:08 PM
Countrycool sent Shannon there. I watched some video from there where she did some reporting and while she was talking Loretta was singing Coal Miner's Daughter. That answers that question, but I can't answer the other one. I have no clue and don't want to speculate. It will be a multi topic message. (I'm not sure if that's a word or not? multi topic?? LOL)
<br>
<br>JillN

Snow
10-24-2000, 03:14 PM
I got this sort of tongue in cheek report from a friend of mine:
<br>
<br>In his weekly Blue Chip Radio Report, Bill Miller speculates (somewhat caustically) on what Garth will discuss in his press conference Thursday:
<br>

<br>"Garth Brooks will hold a press conference at 10 AM on Thursday in Nashville. Garth might announce whether or not he will retire, whether or not he will tour, whether or not he will retire and tour anyway, whether or not he will divorce, whether or not he will devote more time to his children, whether or not he will buyout all the stock of EMI, whether or not he will release a new single and/or album, whether or not he will live in Oklahoma or Nashville or L.A. or New York or somewhere else, whether or not he will spend the rest of his life feeding the hungry, whether or not he will continue to be a member of The Grand Ole Opry if he retires, whether or not he will mediate a Middle East settlement, whether or not he will endorse a candidate for president of the U.S.A., whether or not he will romance good friend Trisha Yearwood once he's free, whether or not he will make a comeback in his major league baseball career, whether or not he will train for the 2004 Olympic games, whether or not he will take the place of John Lennon and tour with the Beatles, whether or not he will endorse a candidate for president of Aruba, etc. Or maybe he won't announce anything.
<br> Film at 11."
<br><P>(This message has been edited by Snow)<P>(This message has been edited by Snow)N