PDA

View Full Version : a taste of real GB withdrawl?

honky
05-28-2000, 03:24 PM
<BR>Ok.... I have heard some people saying that they are going through some kind of GB withdrawl.... without any TV appearance, concert, and new CD... this year is the quiestest year. At least ever since I started paying attention to what Garth is doing since 98.<P>Well.. last year was supposed to be a lay-low year, but with Chris Gaines and the new Christmas album, Garth was on TV more often. And with 2 new CDs, we can't whin no more...LOL<P><BR>Now... we have one new song to cheer for :) But what's next? The song is not released as a single, and there won't be any TV appearance except the second part of Austin City Limit :D <P><BR>Is anyone feeling the <B>withdrawl</B> gradually?<P><BR>A month ago I had a pleasure to see Garth in concert (Equality Rocks)..... but Garth just isn't on the news like he used to. And this is a real lay-low :o<P><BR>What do you think?<P>TommyN

Pilgrim
05-28-2000, 03:41 PM
Come to Europe and you would know what REAL GB withdrawals feels like. :)<P>You have no reason for that over there the first 2 years :)<P>BrianN

honky
05-28-2000, 03:44 PM
LOL.. oh come on... <P>I think I am spoiled by Garth's frequent TV appearances.. but again, I live in North America where Garth lives.. so it's natural to see him more often here...LOL<P><BR>TommyN

Pilgrim
05-28-2000, 03:49 PM
But I am right Tommy :)<P>You say it yourself. He is all over the place over there.<BR>And has been for the last5 years or so :)<P>Brian :)N

honky
05-28-2000, 04:20 PM
LOL.. I mean, he lives in the United States... isn't he supposed to spend more time here? At least he had toured Denmark right?<P>Back in Taiwan, people can just wish some big names would come and do a concert. But never... there are many teenagers who like Backstreetboys in Taiwan, but I doubt they believe BSB would ever tour Taiwan. It's just not possible. In your case, Garth DID take time and tour Denmark.. It's not like he never take time with his European fans. Besides, country music not popular in Europe (or at least it's not played on popular stations).... it's reasonable that he has doubts for another world tour ;)<P><BR>TommyN

Pilgrim
05-28-2000, 04:29 PM
Country music is not all unpopular here :)<P>They still play a lot of Shania :) And the most amazing part is that it is her country versions they play the most :)<P>You are right he live in the states, but that's a lame excuse I think :o Other huge American artists doesn't think that way :)<P>He has played 1 concert here in DK :) back in 1994 :)<BR>And with the risk of starting a war (which I hope won't happen because Tommy force me to answer this ;)) I will say that he has promised several times he would tour here again in 1996, 1998 and obviously also 1999.<BR>So the last time he took time with his European fans was in 1994 (except Ireland).<P>Just think about what has been going on between 1994 and 2000. A LOT of Garth stuff.<P>BrianN

honky
05-28-2000, 04:40 PM
Oh come on... except Shania, I doubt anybody is that popular. If your station likes country, then they should have played Garth's a long time ago.... <P>Like I said, I can help you with requesting ;)<P><BR>TommyN

fuzzwuzz55
05-28-2000, 05:22 PM
What's all this talk about Garth 'withdrawals'?! I went straight on to the 'hard' stuff with Chris Gaines, and with all the great music he and Garth have left us with, I see no reason to come down from this 'high' I'm on ever! No way I'm gonna get let down easy either. This stuff is for keeps!N

honky
05-28-2000, 05:48 PM
fuzzwuzz55,<P>It's cool that you feel this way ;)<P>Chris/Garth will be on PBS's Austin City soon :)<P><BR>I am just hoping new Garth material... or Chris... ;)<P><BR>TommyN

Fresh_Horses
05-28-2000, 06:02 PM
Come on, give the guy a break. He can't be punching new stuff out for us all the time. Just be glad you have a new song and video. N

GRTH FAN
05-28-2000, 06:30 PM
Tommy, They are playing the new song quite a bit on my radio, so I know it's a single now!!<BR>They do a country challenge on there and Garth was against the 12 yr old Billy Gillman "One Voice" and Billy won, but they are still playing Garth's alot!<BR>Donna :)N

honky
05-28-2000, 09:07 PM
I just want to clear on the fact that I am not pushing Garth or anything. Yes, we have a new song, but it's not on any CD. I don't get to hear the new song often because my station only plays it like twice max a day. It's not even on our own Top40 chart :( Then I don't get to see the new video on TV because of some problem :o<P>Fresh_Horses, I am not pushing Garth to do anything... I am looking forward to the second part of Austin City. But again, the rest of the year might be quiet unless there are some news about THE LAMB, which I am very looking forwards to as well :)<P>Personally, I am glad that Garth could take a break from mass media. But I am just thinking what might happen next... <P><BR>Tommy<BR>N

major tom
05-28-2000, 10:06 PM
Well apart from listening to the new song and the Chris Gaines CD I have stopped lisN

smitten
05-28-2000, 10:07 PM
Hey Brian,<P>I read the topic and figured you'd be in there boot and all!!!!<P>Tommy, I get what you are trying to say - but I have to say, the offworlders get<BR><B> N O T H I N G</B><BR>So maybe be comforted that there are people............way worse off!!!!<P>At least you have other sources other than PG.<P>I'm not whining - it's just the way things are, lucky I have PG, or Garth would have dissappeared long ago.<P>Cheers ana :)N

smitten
05-28-2000, 10:09 PM
Hey Major Tom,<P>Did I cut you off?????????????<P><BR>oops sorry :D<P>AnaN

major tom
05-28-2000, 10:09 PM
**** I hit the submit button!!!<P>...listening to GB because the old stuff does not sound like it is new :( We need a new CD badly.<P>KirstyN

major tom
05-28-2000, 10:10 PM
No Ana :) it was a blonde moment ;)<P>KirstyN

Pilgrim
05-28-2000, 11:17 PM
Thanks Ana :) :D<P>BrianN

fuzzwuzz55
05-29-2000, 03:10 AM
Garth's got the goods that doesn't grow old. His songs are more important now then ever. What's wrong with you people!?N

Fresh_Horses
05-29-2000, 03:22 AM
I agree with fuzzwuzz. How can you not listen to the old stuff? Who cares if it isnt new, its Garth. He can't release a new CD every single freakin day like you oviously think he should. You know what, he is thinking about retiring which you probably have known for awhile, I think he makes it pretty ovious there that he isn't going to be releasing that much more material. Just be thankful he gave you all that other great music. N

PJ
05-29-2000, 03:37 AM
I too miss seeing and hearing Garth on TV, but I am so glad he is finally getting the time he needs with his family.<P>I have been dealing with my GB Withdrawals by watching videos and looking at old pictures. It's amazing how fast memories come back and one can feel immersed in GB all over again.N

fuzzwuzz55
05-29-2000, 05:37 PM
I'm not only immersed with Garth. I'm downright permeated, as in 'steeped' in addiction! Withdrawal now would be too painful. At least I know I'm on the best stuff available!N

honky
05-29-2000, 08:54 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR>I agree with fuzzwuzz. How can you not listen to the old stuff? Who cares if it isnt new, its Garth. He can't release a new CD every single freakin day like you oviously think he should. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>And before you said that, <B>PLEASE DO NOT EXAGGERATE</B> what I was saying. <P>That's all I am going to comment on this!!<P><BR>TommyN

honky
05-29-2000, 08:59 PM
It's funny how people only read part of what I was saying.N

major tom
05-29-2000, 10:47 PM
Tommy the comment was probably aimed at me. I pretty much said I was tired of listening to the old stuff repeatedly.<P>KirstyN

Fresh_Horses
05-30-2000, 01:00 AM
Uh Tommy, what makes you so sure that I was directing that statement right at you?N

MelMalovesGB4eva
05-30-2000, 07:07 AM
I never tire of listening to the old stuff and watching the videos over and over. But I am still having withdrawls. I want to see his face on TV the way he looks today and I want to experience that "high" I felt at the two concerts I attended.<P>Lisa N

Pilgrim
05-30-2000, 01:39 PM
I agree with Kirsty :D :D :D<P>We don't need one new CD, we need MANY :D Both Garth and Chris :)<P>But NO duet album with Trisha :)<P>BrianN

NJ4GARTH
05-30-2000, 02:07 PM
Hey Brian,<P>Do you think we could get a duet album of Garth and Chris? :)<P>TomN

Pilgrim
05-30-2000, 02:10 PM
That would be cool :D :D<P>Both Chris Gaines and Chris LeDoux :) :D<P>Brian ;)N

honky
05-30-2000, 04:27 PM
Fresh_Horse,<P>This is what you said in your first reply to this topic:<P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR>Come on, give the guy a break. He can't be punching new stuff out for us all the time. Just be glad you have a new song and video. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>What you said "come on, give the guy a break" assumes that I am trying to PUSH Garth for new material. But I am not!!! <P>Plus, I am also the person who posted this topic. If your comment isn't directed at me, then PLEASE be specific. <P><BR>Tommy<P>N

fuzzwuzz55
05-30-2000, 05:41 PM
Tom! Do you mean a duet album with both Garth and Chris Gaines!? That would be neat! <BR> In fact, Angela McCann has already written a song for them to do together. The lyrics are awesome! Merry is supposed to give Garth Angela's song at the Hollywood Bowl in June. <BR> With Garth, you never know what he might have up his sleeve and do next. We'll see!N

NJ4GARTH
05-30-2000, 05:47 PM
Yes fuzz that is what I was referring to. And it sounds cool that Angela wrote a song for them.<P>TomN

GRTH FAN
05-30-2000, 05:50 PM
A Duet with Garth and Chris Gaines or Garth and Chris LeDoux sounds REAL Good to me too!!<BR>Donna :)N

Fresh_Horses
05-31-2000, 01:33 AM
You're part of it but I was mostly talking about Major Tom. Who says we are in need of a new CD badly. 2 years ago there was double live last year we got Chris Gaines and the Christmas album. We are in need of nothing. N

major tom
05-31-2000, 02:08 AM
Fresh_Horses<P>Tommy asked a question in this thread, I answered it honestly. If you only want to hear your own opinions echoed by others just skip over my posts.<P>KirstyN

smitten
05-31-2000, 10:43 AM
Touche !!!!!!!!!!!<P><BR>Ana :)N

Fresh_Horses
05-31-2000, 01:42 PM
Oh and what is that supposed to mean Smitten? <P>Major Tom,<BR>You know what think what you want to think about me. You oviously think I am ignorant and that I think my oppinion is the only correct one. Doesn't everyone think what they think is right? Maybe you do think you are in need of a new CD. I do not because he just released another new one last November. That is not even over a year ago. All I can say is I cannot wait till Garth retires and is away from the demanding people who think they need 3 albums a year. <BR>I'm sure I will be banned now for the next 24 hours since that is usually what always happens to me and since I just posted a oppinion that not everyone in the rest of this topic agrees with. Shame on me. But I might also add that a real Garth fan would never get sick of listening to the old stuff. N

Pilgrim
05-31-2000, 02:04 PM
Fresh_Horses<P>I agree with Kirsty :)<BR>You can't listen to X-mas music at summer time, and Chris Gaines is not a country album.<BR>We (Especially us overseas fans) need more CD's from him.<BR>If he doesn't want to, then he shouldn't have started out in this business. He know very well that fans want more and more and more and more ;)<P>BrianN

major tom
05-31-2000, 02:08 PM
Fresh_Horses<P>I don't think you're ignorant. Listening to other people's views is how we expand our own perspectives on issues so I never think my opinion is the only correct one.<P>I don't agree with you making personal judgements on other people though - the degree to which I support GB is my decision and I will not be influenced by having my loyalty to him questioned.<P>I love GB's music and when I have had a break from the 'old stuff' I'll listen again and rediscover why I started listening to him in the first place.<P>KirstyN

fuzzwuzz55
05-31-2000, 03:01 PM
Well, as for me, I'm positively addicted to Chris Gaines Greatest Hits. I can play it and play it over and over, and it just keeps getting better and better! And because of Chris, I went head over heels for Garth's music now too. There is a sincerity in their songs that never gets old. In fact, it makes the future so bright, ya gotta wear shades. I don't see anything but looking ahead with their music, rather than looking back. Even Garth said, around the time Sevens came out, that "Friends in Low Places" would probably be the big one for Garth in the future. Garth is always looking ahead with all his music. He expects things to happen as a result. And with Chris Gaines, looking back IS looking ahead!N

honky
05-31-2000, 03:16 PM
Fresh_Horses,<P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR>You know what think what you want to think about me. You oviously think I am ignorant and that I think my oppinion is the only correct one. Doesn't everyone think what they think is right?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Calm down. You don't have to think that way. You should decrease your tendency to assume what others' think. Nobody is saying his or her opinion is the "only right one". We are here to discuss not judging others. <P><BR> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR>Maybe you do think you are in need of a new CD. I do not because he just released another new one last November. That is not even over a year ago. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>It's your opinion and I think everybody respects that. However, you don't need to assume and jump all over the people who want more albums from Garth. After all, some are just thinking or hoping more albums, but those people are not mad or being pushy.<P><BR> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR>All I can say is I cannot wait till Garth retires and is away from the demanding people who think they need 3 albums a year.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>"demanding people"? I don't think people who want a new ablum are being demanding. It's just that some people are hoping or even wishing for one more country album. <P> <BR> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR>I'm sure I will be banned now for the next 24 hours since that is usually what always happens to me and since I just posted a oppinion that not everyone in the rest of this topic agrees with.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Why do you assume what might happen to you again? STOP ASSUMING!! Nobody is going to make you disappear or anything. You have your right of your opinion, but don't direct your opinion to those whom you don't agree with. If people don't agree with you, you are in a minority situation. This doesn't mean that EVERYBODY hates you. (stop assuming)<P><BR>TommyN

CountryBee
05-31-2000, 07:47 PM
Can I put in a slightly different point of view. Even if Garth retires at the end of this year, and stops making music, we can always hope that he will, one day, feel like making a comeback. No matter what, we will always have his music and we will know that Garth is still around. I don't know how many of you knew of John Denver and his music. But, I'll bet most of you know that he was killed in a tragic accident. What made his death even more of a tragedy is that he was making a career comeback, he was writing, performing and recording new music. His last album, containing his new songs, was one of the best he had ever done. Now that he is gone, there is no hope of ever hearing the music he still had inside of him, the things he hadn't yet written. We will never get to know how great that might have been. We will never get to see how far he could have gone in his comeback and we will never get to see him perform ever again. With Garth, even he has said that he will probably continue writing. Then, there are the movies that he is going to work on. Garth will still be around in many ways. With John Denver, all I have now is his music and my memories.<BR>Bee<BR>N

LarsDenmark
06-01-2000, 02:37 AM
Bee, you're right.<P>Of courseI do not hope that Garth allready will retire at the end of this year :o<BR>But one "fine" day he will, but that day will not be the day his musics stops.<P>Wether he's retired or not, he will be with us forever. Isn't it true that most of the artists become more famous AFTER they died?<BR>(Don't understand me wrong ---&gt; I certainly don't wish him dead !!!!!!!!!!)<BR>I meant that whenever he retires, he'll be more among us!!!<P>We will always have his music and our memories.<P>About his (maybe) withdrawal, I can't really give any comment, only that from the day Garth came into my life, I hear and see him more than ever on Internet, TV and radio.<BR>But for me I it never will be enough! ;)<P>At last I would like to say that I, just as everone of you, hope Garth will not retire, at least not now allready. It's much too early! :( :(<P>Lars.<BR>N

Pilgrim
06-01-2000, 03:48 AM
Bee<P>John Denver ROCKED!!! :D :D :D :D :D<P>I still miss him :( :( :( :(<P>BrianN