PDA

View Full Version : That Chad Brock song

cybersadie
10-22-2000, 07:30 AM
All right so the new Chad Brock song, which I can't remember the title of it. It has the line "The truth is she can give me what you can't anymore" somewhere in it. Can someone first tell me the name of it. And then tell me what it means.
<br>
<br>When I first heard it, I really didn't get it. He is telling one woman that he's found another woman to replace her and it just was too weird. And then I thought maybe he was talking to a wife that had died and was telling her that he found new love and asking for forgiveness for that. I don't know. HELP!<P>(This message has been edited by cybersadie)N

Gator_Girl_4_Garth
10-22-2000, 08:58 AM
The song is called "The Visit" and Chad was doing a local PR thing on our radio station and played this song for us.
<br>
<br>WOW!!! It blew me away!
<br>
<br>It basically is a man who goes to the gravesite of his former love and talks to her. The song is awesome..
<br>
<br>The line you are talking about is where he tells her that he still loves her and always will, but he's met someone who can give him love in return.
<br>
<br>I cried when I heard this song...I am gonna post the link where you can read the lyrics...
<br>
<br>BTW..this album is great! I would recommend anyone to buy it!
<br>
<br>http://chadbrock.com/Music-Lyrics/music-lyrics.html#tour
<br>
<br>MoniN

Pilgrim
10-22-2000, 01:09 PM
I haven't heard it:(
<br>
<br>brianN

cybersadie
10-23-2000, 05:43 AM
THANK YOU
<br>
<br>Now it makes so much more sense. Especially with the lyric about it raining and the caretaker wanting to close the gates. I'd never heard those before.N

Jude
10-26-2000, 10:44 AM
Chad Brock's lastest cd Yes is great. I agree this song is awesome. He has a great voice and sings with depth and feeling. Brilliant guy, and fun too. N

SummerWind
10-27-2000, 11:05 AM
I haven't heard the song yet, but I would like to now!
<br>
<br>JennyN

gbcrazy
10-28-2000, 06:42 AM
<br>I just got Chad's CD yesterday and it was great. I listened to every song and never skipped any. I only do that with Garth.... So he put together a great song.
<br>
<br>I like all of them especially YES, THE VISIT, Y2K, and the duet on there with Mark Wills IF I WERE YOU. They did an awesome job.
<br>
<br>I was lucky enough to hear the visit at Fan Fair this year , it was one of the songs he performed during his set. I was totally mad to start with and then at the end it just totaly shocked me. He is a great artist.
<br>
<br>TerryN

Jude
10-28-2000, 11:14 AM
Terry
<br>Did you see Chad Brock at the Wildhorse Saloon just before Fan Fair?? Very good. Glad you like the CD.
<br>
<br>
<br>JudeN