PDA

View Full Version : New

Karen4GB
03-19-2000, 03:16 PM
Hello! I am sort of new to the whole internet thing, so I'm not sure if this is how to do it or not. I LOVE Garth Brooks. I live in Houston, TX, are there any other people on here from around there? N

changer
03-19-2000, 03:47 PM
Welcome to PG!!<P>Yes this is how it works!! Be careful, this place is addicting. And strange, too. But lots of fun.<P>No, I'm not from Texas. But I'm sure we can still be friends. he he he :) :) :)<P>changerN

enutts4gb
03-19-2000, 03:49 PM
:D <B>Welcome to PG, Karen4GB</B> :D<P>I can tell you that you will learn VERY fast how to do this internet stuff. :) When I got on here I was pretty much clueless but I've gotten better. ;)<P>Talk to ya soon<BR>Erin :)N

Snow
03-19-2000, 04:03 PM
What???? This place is addictive? YOu mean that it's odd that I stop by here so many times each day?!?!!? Oh dear... is their a support group? It will have to be with the people here though or I won't participate! :)<P>Welcome to PlanetGarth! You're doing great... and hope to see you around a lot more.N

smitten
03-19-2000, 04:12 PM
Welcome Karen,<P>Welcome to PG !!!!! :)<BR>Like Snow, I am now a lost cause, can't get by without at least a daily fix. <BR>To save you alot of time, if you go to faq at the top of the page it will give you all the info you require to post. Mind you I'm still learning how to do stuff. You might like to check out the other forums too, there are lots of interesting topics.<P>Enjoy....and watch out for Tommy and Brian!!!! LOL :) <P>AnaN

MissScarlett
03-19-2000, 05:11 PM
Hi Karen! :) Welcome to PG. You will love this place, and the Internet too. It gets easier the more you log on. <P>*hugs* :)<P>Margaret who wonders why she signs up with a nickname, but uses her real name to close posts on here! lol ;)N

honky
03-19-2000, 05:56 PM
Karen,<P>WELCOME TO PG :)<P>Stay tuned!!!<P><BR>TommyN

Pilgrim
03-19-2000, 10:01 PM
:D :D<B>WELCOME TO PG Karen4GB</B> :D :D<P>Stay tuned, post ALOT! :)<P> :DBrian :DN

redstrokes77
03-20-2000, 02:05 AM
Nope! I don't think there are ANY Garth fans from Texas. You must be the ONLY one! <P>Just kidding!<P> :D <B> WELCOME TO PG </B><P>We're all Gartnutts here so no matter WHERE you're from you've found a very large extended family!<P>debN

angelamccann
03-20-2000, 02:46 AM
Hi, Karen!<P>Waving welcome at you all the way from England! You're going to love the board - it's not at all addictive (ahem).<P>Angela xN

Karen4GB
03-20-2000, 03:44 AM
Ok guys, I have a *few* questions. How do you do the smiley faces? Is there any way to use italic or bold text on here? Can I change the font size? Uh, I guess that's enough questions for one post. Wait, one more - where are all you guys from?<P>-Karen-N

Pilgrim
03-20-2000, 04:04 AM
;+) = ;)<BR>:+) = :)<BR>:+( = :(<BR>:+o = :o<P>[ b ]bold [/ b] = <B>bold</B><BR>of course without space between brackets and the b.<P>When you will make <I>italics</I> you just put an i in instead of the b.<P>e-mail links <BR>[e-mail]zzz@aol.com[/e-mail]<BR>of course without the -.<BR> <A HREF="mailto:zzz@aol.com">zzz@aol.com</A> <P>Hope that made sense :D<P>BrianN

Pilgrim
03-20-2000, 04:06 AM
I forgot :o<P>:+D = :D<P>And <B>DO NOT SEND ANY MAILS TO THE ADDY!!!!</B><P>I have just discovered the addy is for real :o :o :o :o<P>Brian :oN

boppityboo
03-20-2000, 07:39 AM
Welcome to PGFORUMS, KAREN!. Always great to see new ppl here all the time. :) Hope to see lots of posts from you. :)<P>Have a Garthriffic day,<BR>Ellie :)<P>...from BC, Canada...N

Karen4GB
03-20-2000, 08:32 AM
Thanks for the tips Pilgrim (can I call you Brian?) :) ((There's supposed to be a smiley face there, I hope it comes out right)). Ok I have one more question for you guys. What is the difference between a Forum Moderator, Member, and Junior Member?<P>-Karen-N

minnesotagbfan
03-20-2000, 08:38 AM
karen,<P>i was wondering the same thing ..thanks for typing what i was thinking..lol<P>russN

Pilgrim
03-20-2000, 11:33 AM
You can call me Brian :D :D<P>A Junior Member is like you until you reach 21 posts :)<P>Then you are a....... Member ;) huuh?<P>Forum Moderators is the Police around :o :o<BR>They have access to delete posts and stuff they find inappropiate :)<P>The Forum Administrator is the BOSS :o<P>Brian :DN

Alawishes
03-20-2000, 11:52 AM
Welcome<P>I thought there was a poster here from Houston?? I think it was a girl or a kid. But some people are missing or not around so I don't know if that person is one of them or not. I do remember Houston being mentioned a few times. Maybe somebody who knows more about the posters can help.<P>Have fun.N

BigGfan4life
03-20-2000, 11:55 AM
Welcome to PG :D :D :D :D :D :D :DN

Karen4GB
03-20-2000, 01:27 PM
Thanks for the info, Brian :)<P>My friend was over here earlier showing me some internet basics. He helped me set up a web page on yahoo (it isn't much, but I'm learning). He also downloaded a messenger thing from aol and sort of showed me how to use it. My user name is Karen4GB, the same as it is on here. Does anyone have any clue what I'm talking about or am I too confused? :o Oh he set up a email for me too so I have my own now (I was using my friend's).<P>-Karen-N

loreli
03-20-2000, 02:29 PM
Welcome Karen!!<P>You are doing great. I haven't figured out the web page thing..LOL<P>There are lots of great people here if you need help. :D<P>LoriN

Teach
03-20-2000, 03:22 PM
Welcome to the best website on the internet. I am your next door neighbor as I am from Louisiana. This is a great place and the people are exceptional. Welcome aboard and post lots!!!!! :DN

Pilgrim
03-20-2000, 11:35 PM
:D :DYou are welcome Karen :D :D<P>Glad I could help :) :)<P>Brian :DN