PDA

View Full Version : The 'Surprise' that was given to Garth - Oct. 14, 2000 - REVEALED :)

Chris Gaines
10-17-2000, 04:29 PM
Ok now granted this was taken BEFORE we got to the OPRY.
<br>
<br>There are only 4 signatures on it.. as those was the few I saw before the opry.
<br>
<br>When I gave it to Garth.. the ENTIRE Middle of this was engolfed with Signatures from almost every fan of Garth's that was going back to the "Meet and Greet"
<br>And a few that didn't stay. :)
<br>
<br>So.. with that said.
<br>
<br>This is what I gave Mr. Garth Brooks, at the Opry.
<br>
<br>http://chrisgainesfans.com/garth_surprise
<br>("Nicknamed: 100,000,000 Reasons Why You're Loved!")
<br>
<br>Hope you love it as much as I loved making it and handing it to him! :)
<br>
<br>Enjoy!
<br>Jason<P>(This message has been edited by Chris Gaines)N

Paula
10-17-2000, 04:34 PM
Jason,
<br>
<br>That's awesome! What a wonderful gift!:cool: Thanks for *finally* sharing!
<br>
<br>PaulaN

Lost 'n' Garth
10-17-2000, 04:38 PM
(Stands with mouth wide open in awe)
<br>
<br>That is fabulous!!!!
<br>
<br>Just wish I could have been there to see Garth's face when you gave it to him!!!
<br>
<br>Cheri :)N

Vanessa
10-17-2000, 04:44 PM
What a great gift!!! :) :) very very :cool: :cool: Thanks fer sharing!!
<br>
<br>Vanessa :)N

hugeGBnutt
10-17-2000, 04:49 PM
Wow! Jason, thats awesome, very cool!:cool:;), i'm sure Garth loves it!:) very cool man!
<br>
<br>aRiN

loreli
10-17-2000, 05:01 PM
It really turned out awesome Jason...and not too purple. :P
<br>
<br>Lori :)N

Chris Gaines
10-17-2000, 05:45 PM
hahaha Lori.. there is no purple. it's just the pic.. it's White/Blue/Black... thank you very much..
<br>
<br>
<br>Thanks everyone that said they liked it =)
<br>
<br>JasonN

Cheryl
10-17-2000, 05:50 PM
OMG Jason, that is SO cool! I bet it beats any of the "official" plaques that Capitol could possibly cook up for him at the party. Very classy. :)N

Chris Gaines
10-17-2000, 05:59 PM
Cheryl!
<br>
<br>now ya know why I just HAD to get that to him last weekend!
<br>
<br>lol
<br>It's something else.. lol
<br>
<br>I woke up friday at 8am for work.. worked til 7pm then got home and ate dinner... then typed online..listening to Garth on the net during the Opry.. and 3am I go.. damn it! I should be there! lol
<br>
<br>So at 3am I drove 7 hours and got there at 8am (with time change) met up with a few people.. ran all around Nashville all day.. got to the opry at 5:30 for the Red Carpet... then drove off and got something to eat... to go back tot he Opry by 9pm and from 9:30pm to about 10:30pm talked to BOB and the gang.. got everyone to sign the award.. went to the Gate.. got more to sign it.. by 12 midnight it was stuffed with signatures.. at 12:30am went back tot he gate.. and at 12:45am.. Garth got it in his hand..
<br>
<br>*shew* and from 1am to 5am was talking to Shelley (GottaB-GB) lol.. and at 5am drove home... got some sleep about 1/2 way home.. and at 7pm Sunday.. I was home to tell all..
<br>
<br>what a tiring trip that was well worth it! LOL
<br>JasonN

major tom
10-17-2000, 06:13 PM
Very impressive. :) You did a great job on it, Jason. :)
<br>
<br>KirstyN

sasteen
10-17-2000, 07:51 PM
Jason,
<br>
<br>You did a great job on that placque. Did you make it yourself? What did he say when you gave it to him?
<br>Sniff, wish my name was on it.
<br>
<br>Thanks for having a big heart Jason
<br>
<br>SHelly PaN

Chris Gaines
10-17-2000, 07:58 PM
Shelley.. the entire talk between Garth and I is in the OPRY FORUM.. under "Jason entered Garth's world"
<br>
<br>And I made that from scrath.. ALL BY MYSELF! :)
<br>
<br>Jason :)N

CountryBee
10-17-2000, 08:02 PM
Jason,
<br>That was the most awsome gift! I just hope somebody, somehow, somewhere got a picture of you giving it to Garth. I would have loved to see the look on Garth's face when you handed it to him.
<br>BeeN

Crackers
10-17-2000, 08:14 PM
Jason, that is outstanding!!!!! That was a wonderful thing for you to do for Garth. And, are you saying that you weren't at the Pancake Pantry? I was looking forward to meeting you, but couldn't get myself out of bed early enough Saturday morning. Now I find out that you weren't there? I feel a little better about missing it.......although I would have liked to meet everyone else. Also, when you say you gave it to him at the gate, do you mean the gate at the Opry or the gate at Garth's house?N

NJ4GARTH
10-17-2000, 08:18 PM
Wow Jason,
<br>
<br>Very Cool
<br>
<br>Man that was a nice award.
<br>
<br>Tom
<br>
<br>Garth on radio singing "Two Pina Coladas" while I am typing this. It must be for your hard work.;)
<br>
<br>N

Crackers
10-17-2000, 08:20 PM
Okay.....Jason, I just re-read Jason entered Garth's world, and now know that you were at the Opry gate.N

Loni_mmg
10-18-2000, 06:33 AM
Hi Jason,
<br>
<br>As you know, I did sign it and I wanna say again that it was awesome. I'm glad you finally got to meet Garth. I didn't meet him but it meant more to me that you and Angela did. I can't wait till Angela gets back so she can tell me the whole story again.
<br>
<br>Did you tell Garth that there was stuff on the back too?
<br>
<br>Loni :)
<br>N

LVGB4EVER
10-18-2000, 06:45 AM
:) WOW...Jason "VERY COOL" :)
<br>
<br>Only one thing...I really wish I could have signed it too :( :( :( :( :( :( :(
<br>
<br>Take Care
<br>Sue ;)N

Jen19
10-18-2000, 07:17 AM
Jason,
<br>
<br>That turned out great !!! I also wish I could of signed it.. I'm really glad you got that to Garth, you sure went through alot to get it to him.
<br>
<br>
<br>JENN

garthsgirl
10-18-2000, 09:38 AM
Jason,
<br> Very impessive. I can't say much more, it has all been said. You should be very proud of the award you gave to Garth. I bet it meant alot coming from a fan. I am so thrilled you had the opportunity to give it to him in person.
<br>
<br> LisaN

Teach
10-18-2000, 09:40 AM
What a great idea and you did a superb job! I hope someone has a picture so we can see GB's reaction. :cool:N

PJ
10-18-2000, 09:43 AM
Good job Jason! My one question is - How the heck did I miss you carrying this and never get to sign it? :(N

RckyMtnGirl@hrt
10-18-2000, 12:38 PM
Ditto Jason. You could have driven by my house
<br>and had me sign it (at three in the a.m. I would have for you and Garth :)). Oh well....
<br>
<br>It is spectacular. I'm sure Garth loves and appreciate it. Cudos! You are a multi-talented guy :)
<br>
<br>CCN

GBinMyHrt
10-18-2000, 01:46 PM
<<<to go back to the Opry by 9pm and from 9:30pm to about 10:30pm talked to BOB and the gang.. >>>>
<br>
<br>Hey Jason, It was very cool meeting you.
<br>
<br>As I stood between Jason and Bob, I looked up at these two tall men and thought, "Wow, how cool, I'm standing between Garth Brooks and Chris Gaines.....;-)kinda. lol N

Pilgrim
10-18-2000, 02:45 PM
WOW!!:):):):)
<br>
<br>What a GREAT gift:):):)
<br>
<br>Looks really awesome:):):)
<br>
<br>BrianN

gbfans66
10-18-2000, 03:46 PM
TOO COOL JASON!!!!:)
<br>
<br>Wish I could have signed it too, but that's ok!! As long as you got to meet him and give him such a great gift!!
<br>
<br>JillN

MtnGirlCrazy4Garth
10-18-2000, 05:59 PM
Jason ~
<br>
<br>Way to go, man! What an excellent idea, very well done, and congratulations on getting it there in time for all the signatures before being able to personally hand it to Garth!!! I can't believe you did so well on such little sleep, but I am certainly impressed!!
<br>
<br>DeeDee
<br>
<br>BTW, I know that you've already forgiven me for this, long ago, but, you know that comment I made about 'integrity'? I couldn't have been more wrong!!! :) Next time, you better make sure that I get to shake your hand (maybe even give you a hug), OKAY??? VERY :cool: !!!N

marla with a b
10-18-2000, 06:14 PM
I agree!! GREAT JOB!! :)
<br>
<br>I can't understand how we totally missed you too -- I bet all of us would have LOVED to sign it with you :)
<br>
<br>Oh well, I'm sure Garth was impressed!
<br>
<br>m-w/abN

redstrokes77
10-19-2000, 03:34 AM
Sounds like there were less than 85% who signed it, Jason!
<br>
<br>Oh well, I missed ya too (partner). I saw you standing by Garth but didn't get close enough. The gift looks great and I too can't figure out how I missed it.
<br>
<br>I'm glad it didn't get busted in the crowd and that you finally got to "meet" him!
<br>
<br>debN

Chris Gaines
10-19-2000, 03:52 AM
nahh Deb,
<br>
<br>it's just the 15% is the only ones POSTING arghhhhh
<br>
<br>most the people back there was GBoxers I think.. :P
<br>
<br>JasonN

fly
10-19-2000, 06:41 AM
Very nice surprise, I'm sure Garth loves it. Thanks for sharing it.N

fly
10-19-2000, 06:51 AM
I was just wondering how you guys get those little happy faces on your messages? They're cute!N

PJ
10-19-2000, 07:20 AM
We actually thought we had figured out who you were Jason and started yelling "Jason, JASON" as you walked by and then realized we had the wrong guy! :)N

cybersadie
10-19-2000, 07:28 AM
Wow what a really wonderful, thoughtful gift. Now I understand his reaction when you gave it to him. It's people like you that will help the big guy remember why he ever started doing this. And we all owe you big time for that! So thank you. :cool:<P>(This message has been edited by cybersadie)N

boppityboo
10-19-2000, 07:41 AM
WOW! WOW! WOW!
<br>
<br>Jason, that was an incredible surprise. It was not what I expected, not that I knew what to expect, but wow, what an awesom plaque. The fact that you made it yourself is wonderful, thanks for representing all of Garth's fans in such a beautiful way. :) YOU are too :cool: :):):):):):):) 7 smiles for the J-Man!
<br>
<br>Have a Garthriffic day,
<br>Ellie :)N

Jude
10-19-2000, 09:53 AM
Jason,
<br>So much work, so much effort its absolutely brilliant.
<br>
<br> N

littlebit
10-19-2000, 02:11 PM
Jason,
<br>
<br>Very nice job!! or as Sean and Cody said when they saw it oooooh that's tight man LOL! But your'e such a tease!!
<br>
<br>deAnnalynnN

elvisfanforever
10-19-2000, 05:13 PM
Jason:
<br>That is nothing short of AWESOME....JUST TOO GARTHRIFFICLY COOL!!!!!
<br>You are JUST AMAZING!!!
<br>That should be something Garth will treasure forever!
<br>Congarthulations on a SUPERB JOB!!
<br>:)
<br>Lester.
<br><P>(This message has been edited by elvisfanforever)<P>(This message has been edited by elvisfanforever)N

Snow
10-19-2000, 05:17 PM
Well ok Jason...
<br>
<br>You did such a lovely job and with such obvious love of the Man that I can't stay disappointed that I couldn't sign it. Not your fault anyway! :) You're out of the doghouse!
<br>
<br>Your Webmom-in-lawN

BigGfan4life
10-21-2000, 11:16 AM
Jason, that is soooooo awesome!!!! :) That was so sweet of you to do something like that for Garth. I'm sure that, knowing DA MAN, he was VERY touched by the gesture. :) I'm so glad I got to see what you've all been talking about now!!N