PDA

View Full Version : My Garth Experience

brooks1fan
10-15-2000, 02:16 PM
This could be a long post, and I don't even know if I can get everything in, but I'll try. As you all probably know, I made my Garth-journey all the way from NY by myself this weekend, and let me tell you... It was SO worth it. I am still reeling from all the excitement.. I don't think I've ever laughed and cried so much in one weekend-EVER! It was amazing..Terri and Kelli, thank you so much. I wish you could have been at my side Saturday night. I really do. It was GREAT finally meeting you Terri, and I can't wait to exchange some of our pictures.
<br>
<br>We hit the Pancake Pantry and made the trek to gates Saturday morning.. Got a good glimpse of Kelly coming in and out (had to restrain myself from rushing thru the open gates!!!)The place is everything everyone has said and more.. I didn't want to leave, but we did (and boy did we get lost! Sorry Kelli, I guess it takes more than 3 to read a road map..LOL)
<br>
<br>I made it to the red carpet walk and met Lori.. 31 shows now, and a moment to boot..POST Lori!!!!
<br>
<br>Garth didn't make the red carpet walk.. Not sure of the details why but ALOT of people were VERY disappointed... including myself. But I did get some very good shots of Travis, Marty, and Loretta, as well as all the others.. Plus, Bob, a VERY good GB lookalike, was there, and I got my picture with him to take to work with me, just in case..(Thanks Bob!!!)
<br>
<br>The show was awesome, everyone was great. Vince Gill made me cry with his tribute to his dad. And Ricky Van Shelton's duet with Jack Green singing Statue Of A Fool was incredible. But I'm sure everyone will agree with me, the highpoint to the evening was when Johnny Russell began to announce the evenings last performer. The crowd immediately went nuts, and poor Johnny just kinda stood there, and said, "OK guys, you're beginning to scare me!" When Garth came out on the stage, you could almost feel the place shake. It was awesome.. his 'twinkle' is back.. He was amazing. He did Callin Baton Rouge as an opener,followed by Two Of A Kind.., then fit in two duets with Steve Wariner - What I Didn't Do (which made me cry.. I was thinking Garth did that for Sandy), and then Longneck Bottle. Friends in Low Places was incredible, and so was The River.. but his final song, a toching accousic version of THE DANCE. But what made it even more touching was during the last chorus of the song, he stopped playing his guitar, and just sang...Just Garths voice, echoed by a slight murmer of singing along from the crowd. It was beautiful. I dont know if there was a dry eye in the place, and when he said, "You know, I really do love you guys" I lost it even more..
<br>
<br>But that was just the beginning. It was a mad sprint out of the opry and to the back of the building!!!
<br>
<br>Once out there, I wasn't sure what was going on. I'm sure others will post all the details. What ended up happening was the best night of my entire life. I was lucky enough to be right up front when Garth came out. I could see him walking towards us, and I didn't want to take my eyes off him.. I could feel my eyes welling up, and I really tried hard not to cry, but it was no use. It was like I had no control. I tried to dry my eyes, and I must have looked down, cause when I regained my focus, he was right in front of me.. I lost it again. All I really remember was him calling me "sweetie" or "sweetheart" and reaching for me as I reached for him. I know it was only a matter of seconds, but it felt like it lasted forever. He felt so warm, and I still am not sure if he kissed my cheek or not(if someone saw, Please let me know) I was so dazed. I gave him my letter, the 80 song title love letter, and I really think he was impressed. I did update it tho.. added WYCBTMA. I couldn't take my eyes off him, and kept flashing picture after picture. If anyone got a picture of him huggin me, PLEASE contact me. I would love a copy.
<br>
<br>The rest of the night is a blurr somewhat. I know others will want to post, so I'll end this now. But before I do, I just want to say thanks to all here. If it weren't for this place and the people I've met thru here, I never would have even KNOWN about the opry celebration and Garth being there till it was too late. And if it weren't for you TERRI, I never would have been there. THANK YOU!!!
<br>
<br>Garth Forever,
<br>
<br>TinaN

Paula
10-15-2000, 02:22 PM
Tina, thanks so much for sharing your experience. So that had to be Lori's sign that was televised at the beginning of the Opry show last night...something like "Garth, after 29 shows I need a hug...Lori". 'Fess up Lori, was that your sign, and was that you in the beige cowboy hat?
<br>
<br>PaulaN

Chris Gaines
10-15-2000, 02:36 PM
Paula,
<br>
<br>YES! that was Lori's sign LOL
<br>
<br>She didn't get a hug though :(
<br>Cause of the crowd.. but she got a very very sweet moment.. that she can share :)
<br>
<br>Tina,
<br>
<br>I was just to the right of Garth (left of you) when you gave him that Song letter.
<br>
<br>His eyes got so big LOL
<br>
<br>and when he said... "Thanks sweetheart" awwww :):)
<br>
<br>Very cool Tina!!
<br>JasonN

Pilgrim
10-15-2000, 03:03 PM
Great story :):)
<br>
<br>Thanks for sharing Tina :):)
<br>
<br>BrianN

cowgirl14
10-15-2000, 03:22 PM
Oh Jason
<br>U and Kristy owe me me my pic. Nw did we get it done? Luv Ya Joey N

Chris Gaines
10-15-2000, 03:25 PM
Sorry Joey,
<br>
<br>Garth was NOT Signing autographs at this. It was strickly Meet/Greet.. ONLY.
<br>
<br>And Krista had to stay home, so I was alone.. made it harder.. but I got to do what I went there for! :)
<br>
<br>:(
<br>JasonN

fuzzwuzz
10-15-2000, 08:42 PM
And what was that Jason?N

Chris Gaines
10-15-2000, 09:11 PM
Fuzz.. check out "Jason enters Garth's world" in the Opry forum
<br>
<br>JasonN

major tom
10-16-2000, 03:32 AM
Thanks for sharing your experience, Tina. :) Very :cool:
<br>
<br>KirstyN

brooks1fan
10-16-2000, 08:42 AM
It was definitely awesome guys!!!
<br>
<br>Jason,
<br>
<br>Did you happen to get a pic of him with me? If so, please email me at my email address.. if for some reason it doesn't work, my sisters is mcclouth@capital.net You can email me there, and I'll get my address to you if you could send me a copy, I'd be happy to pay for the postage and developing costs.
<br>
<br>Please let me know.
<br>
<br>Thanks
<br>
<br>TinaN

BrownEyedGirl
10-17-2000, 08:54 AM
Tina,
<br> :)
<br>
<br>(i'll be calling you today...as soon as you get your butt back from work!!!! we have to TALK)
<br>
<br>missing you
<br>TerriN