PDA

View Full Version : (READ) --????.....Garth feeling this way again....???? ....SAD :-(

hugeGBnutt
03-19-2000, 02:22 PM
ok i was reading a book today, and i came upon something interesting and pretty sad :(.....here is what it says.....<P><B>Now, five years later, Garth was clearly beginning to strain under the pressure of trying to live up to his own image. "I've thrown up, cried, and passed out," he told Billboard magazine of his new album, Fresh Horses, his first in two years, "everything physically possible you can do with a record." With another interviewer Garth went even further. "It just got to loud in my head," he said of fears that became so intense that one day he blacked out on his farm. "It just got...too...loud. People were screaming, and I was one of them inside there: 'What are you gonna do? What are you gonna do? What are you going to do? If it doesn't work.'" He spent the first three days after turning in his album in a fetal position, worrying, "I know this artist's worst nightmare is being forgotten," he said to me in the odd manner he developed of speaking of himself in the third person. "I'm going to have to come face-to-face with that. I've never been a fan of the backside of the bell curve."</B><P>....... :(.....sad, eh?<P>aRiN

Alawishes
03-19-2000, 02:32 PM
Maybe he has changed his way now though. After 10 years he should feel comfortable now and plus he needs to get to where he does music because he likes to sing not because he wants a number 1 album and big sells just do it for the fun of singing now after 10 great years. Like Trisha said In country weekly something like there comes a time when you do music solely because you love singing not to win awards.N

Snow
03-19-2000, 04:01 PM
I don't think that Garth has ever been in it for the awards. Sure they are nice but I think he's always known thats not where it's at.<P>I think the reasons he was/is so nuts when it comes to putting out an album is because he doesn't want to let down any of the fans... and he wants all of us to think it is great. Sure he wants approval... but not just from awards... more from the people.N

Crackers
03-19-2000, 04:03 PM
What book was this in? <P>I don't think it's the awards, I think it's the approval. That really made me feel sad. N

fuzzwuzz55
03-19-2000, 04:45 PM
Huge, was that in the Dreaming Out Loud book? It's my favorite about Garth, as it shows the struggling side of him that goes with the life dealings of a risk taker. Don't forget, Garth always said the struggle is the most important part! He's just very open about it. I learned alot from reading that book. It is VERY revealing about Garth's 'darker' side if you will. With all he has been through with the changes in his career lately, no wonder his motto is his current song on the radio: "Do What You Gotta Do". There are times in life that you get backed up to the wall and it's time to take action, because no one else can decide for you. I've been through that alot myself lately. Garth's way of handling things reassures me that good always wins over the bad as long as you hold on to the Truth and never let go. You'll probably suffer for it, but it's the only way Love can prevail. Sad, but true.N

honky
03-19-2000, 05:54 PM
Now.. it makes me wonder how he is going to wo with a possible album by the end of the year :o<P>I hope the media won't give him too much BS... <P><BR>TommyN

Pilgrim
03-19-2000, 09:55 PM
Well, he is not the only one with these problems.<P>ALOT of other artists have tried similar things with a sad end to it.<P>Hmmm, maybe he tell us these things because he want us to feel sorry for him? :o<P>BrianN

03-20-2000, 10:13 AM
Yeah I agree with Brian.<P>Garth gets that way when one of his CD's dosnt sell over 5 million copies when it is soon released. There are bands that would die to sell that many records.N

Karen4GB
03-20-2000, 02:03 PM
I think the pressure of trying to live up to thier own image (regardless of whether they or the fans create the pressure) gets the best of a lot of artists. :( Garth's always been on a little *on the edge* of new things :) and new ideas :) and a lot of times he is misunderstood in the media :( and by fans :(. That is probably hard to deal with. But he worked it out once before and came back with *even better* music (is that possible ;)?) than before so just think how good it will be when he gets it worked out this time :D<P>-Karen-N

fuzzwuzz55
03-20-2000, 02:49 PM
Karen, you got it right I think when you say Garth feels misunderstood. And no one knows that better than Chris Gaines himself.N

GRTH FAN
03-24-2000, 08:18 PM
Karan, I also agree with you! The Media really misunderstands and blows things out of proportion! This Fan will always understand that man and LOVE HIM WITH ALL HEART!<BR>Donna :)N

dbwelch
03-25-2000, 03:45 PM
God, what intensity. It takes a person with awesome strength and courage to say those things, and know they will be on public display. Just triples my admiration.<BR>Donna W.N