PDA

View Full Version : Playgirl?

MelMalovesGB4eva
05-24-2000, 09:17 AM
Does anyone know if there is anything about Garth in June's issue of Playgirl? Ebay has one listed as Playgirl June 2000 with Garth Brooks and McConaughey. I couldn't access the dexcription because I'm not a registered user and you must prove you're over 18. <BR>Maybe I'll just have to go buy it and find out. ;)<P>Lisa<BR>N

GBShameless
05-24-2000, 09:40 AM
Lisa, <P>Went over to ebay and took a look at it, it says that is interviews with 20 cowboys and it list Garth, Matthew M, Client Eastwood, etc.<P>RobinN

Chris Gaines
05-24-2000, 10:09 AM
lol...<BR>Sorry but this is just not my "type" of magazine :o<P>Jason ;)N

Garth_FANtasizer
05-24-2000, 11:25 AM
LOL Jason!<P>Don't worry, I'll be happy to pick up a copy and transcribe the interview for you, if you'd like.<P>I hope it comes with pictures!<P>Garth may be too shy to do a photo shoot for it, but maybe they can get Chris to do one! That frisky devil! :)<P>~Ann~N

hello_kitty
05-24-2000, 12:16 PM
OMG! Garth in Playgirl? Look out bookstore Natalie is on her way! LOL :) I sure hope they have a pic of that brooding hunk of stud man in there! Hell, I'll be happy if they show a clothed picture of him... But I'd be WAYYYYYYYYYYYYY happy if they showed the other kind too! LOL &lt;eg&gt; I am betting that none of you other ladies would mind that? heeheehee...<P>Have a good one!<BR>NatalieN

boppityboo
05-24-2000, 12:23 PM
Ok, I just looked at the issue of the Playgirl at the magazine store. Flipping real fast(ahem) through the pages, yep there is a very short blurb on Garth. It has a pose from Fresh Horses, I think, where he is looking over his shoulder. Just said something about how the women go nuts over him and that Sandy was a lucky lady. :) <BR>I too saw it on sale at ebay and went on a mission. lol. I do however have a Playgirl issue from May 92 that had another article about Garth in it. They used the pic from the Ropin cover in it. :)<P>Have a Garthriffic day,<BR>Ellie :)<P>P.S. Definately not worth buying unless you are into the pix. I couldn't help noticing that most of the pix I did happen to see, they were all wearing cowboy hats. :o Now the more creative of us could just paste Garth's face onto a pic, but it just ain't the same. lol. :DN

loreli
05-24-2000, 12:26 PM
Well, make my day!! LOL<P>I bet it won't come with pics :(<P>I bet Chris would do it, maybe we should send a "double dare ya" to Garth. :)<P>LoriN

loreli
05-24-2000, 12:29 PM
Darn Ellie, there went my hopes right out the window. :( LOL<P>LoriN

honky
05-24-2000, 01:25 PM
LOL.. <B>Ellie</B>,<P>Maybe you could send that calendar pic to Playgirl!! And until then Garth might be able to be on the front cover... :o<P><BR>TommyN

Pilgrim
05-24-2000, 02:56 PM
Hmmmmm :o<P>BrianN

Lost 'n' Garth
05-24-2000, 03:35 PM
Ellie:<P>Quote:<P>"Ladies go nuts over him and Sandy was a lucky lady" and in Playgirl at that!!<P>Hum, I am confused?? We have ladies going nuts and in Playgirl but Country Weekly doesn't consider him one of the top 25 sexiest. Confusion here??? :o<P>O.K. I will come off my soapbox about that issue.<P>Thanks for letting us know what is inside the pages!!<P>Cheri :) <P>N

honky
05-24-2000, 03:48 PM
Yeah... if I remember correctly, Garth was on playgirl's sexist country artist last time... I can't remember which issue, but I heard that Garth and Shania both made onto their list.<P><BR>And Country Weekly is just......<P><BR>TommyN

hello_kitty
05-24-2000, 03:50 PM
Country Weekly had their heads up their butts!!! Like come on now, Garth should have been on that list. I think I am gonna write a letter...... now, does anyone have CW's email?<P>NatalieN

shmlss4gb
05-24-2000, 06:33 PM
Their email addy is letters@countryweekly.com<P>Though be prepared for a snippy reply back. I was very nice with the letter I wrote them, and I got a nasty 2 sentence reply from them.N

pldrw
05-25-2000, 05:49 AM
I agree with him being one of the sexist, but I prefeer the clothes on !! I feel it's sexier to use your imagetion!;ON

Odexut77
05-25-2000, 09:58 AM
<B>shmlss4gb</B><P>What exactly did CW write back? I sent a snail mail and just a short note saying that... <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR>I heard (they) had an article with the 25 sexiest country stars and that 'someone' was glaringly omitted.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> And I put in a big picture. So they would get the big picture ;) A picture is worth a thousand words they say. I think it speaks volumes for itself. :D Haven't heard anything back from them yet.<P>I did not buy Country Weekly but I will be buying Playgirl :o ASAP ;)<P>Kathy77N

MelMalovesGB4eva
05-25-2000, 12:01 PM
Well, no pic of Garth in it huh? Glad I didn't run out and buy it (not that I actually expected a picture, but a girl can dream :)). Thanks to all those who researched this. I know it was a dirty job and I'm sure you hated it. ;)<BR>I myself logged on to the Playgirl website to try and find information but to no avail. I did see some interesting pictures though. :o :)N