PDA

View Full Version : I love when I hear Garth when I least expect it

Garthologist
05-23-2000, 09:49 PM
I am a science teacher if you guys did not already know, and I am up previewing a movie for my students. i taped it from the Discovery Health channel, called Antibiotics - Misused Miracles. We anyway they told the story of a teenage girl with TB and they showed her in her hospital room and then all of a sudden I hear Garth singind "New Way To Fly" on her radio in her room and she began to sing along. The song was very appropriate because she was getting ready to go home after her surgery on her lung and treatment with antibiotics. It was really cool because it was the last place I would expect to hear Garth singing. It was great and I know that when I show the video to my students they will somehow believe I had a role in putting that into the movie :) :). Just wanted to share this cute story. Goodnight all, I need to get a few hours of sleep before I get up at 6. See you here tomorrow.N

honky
05-23-2000, 09:57 PM
Toni,<P>Thanks for sharing!! Yeah, I wouldn't expect any Garth song from the Discovery program :o<P><BR>Very cool!!!!<P><BR>TommyN

AZamy77
05-24-2000, 12:20 AM
Wow! :) Garth always seems to come on when you least expect to hear him, and it's always like magic fills the air! :) Great story Garthologist! :) It's really touching and SO very cool! That tape is a "keeper!"<P>God Bless.<BR>Amy :)N

major tom
05-24-2000, 01:01 AM
It's very cool when things like that happens :)<P>KirstyN

Paula
05-24-2000, 03:35 AM
That's very cool. Inspiration can be found in so many of his songs. :)<P>Let us know what your students say when they hear the song.<P>PaulaN

pldrw
05-24-2000, 04:46 AM
Maybe; there is a reason you don't know yet for it to be there!! Please let us know what your students say! :)N

loreli
05-24-2000, 06:01 AM
Oh that is so cool Toni!! I would have started crying! Yay for Garth!<P>LoriN

Garthologist
05-24-2000, 07:29 AM
Well, I showed the tape to them this morning and they thought it was so cool the way his song fit so well in the story of the girl. They also thought I picked the video to show them because of the Garth song but I told them that as I was recording it suprised me when it came on. Overall the room was silent during the story and I even heard a few kids say that the girl did'nt even look sick. I think they learned a lot about illness and the fact that someone can be very ill on the inside but look ok on the outside.<P>I'm glad all of you liked my story. It was really cool. Check the Discovery Health channel I think the show is going to be on again. It is a really short part but really cool and meaningful.<P> :)N

Pilgrim
05-24-2000, 09:04 AM
Very cool :D<P>Thanks for sharing :)<P>BrianN

nelty
05-24-2000, 09:18 AM
Cool...<P>It don't surprise me anymore where I hear Garth... he just pops up in the strangest places... <P>I was at wal-mart one time and The River came on. The people around me (including me) looked up, as if Garth is up somewhere in the ceiling...LOL It was an reaction. and then the people that looked up sang along... it was a cool sight. it's one of the moment that I wish I have a camera. :-)One of them said, "What". and her friend said, "It's Garth" and looked at me (cause I was infront of her, sorta) and I smiled (ear to ear)... LOL<P>Nelly<BR>N

ferretcrazy
05-24-2000, 02:20 PM
Oh my gosh Nelly..your story made me laugh! (thanks I needed that) I could just picture it in my mind, everybody looking up in the sky for Garth LOL!! JoanN

Pilgrim
05-24-2000, 03:02 PM
*LOL* This remind me that I have once heard Garth in an music store for Heavy Metal only :o<P>BrianN