PDA

View Full Version : Am I reading wrong......

SweetGBFan
10-10-2000, 04:40 PM
Okay just a question. I read the article in Billboard and I did not see that Garth was "retiring". He did not come out and say I am retiring did he? What I got from the article was that he was not going to tour, but he would possibly make a new album. Am I wrong? Personally, I dont think Garth is going to retire completely. Remember he has done this before and came back. Ask Hazel says he told her he was doing more country music. I for one take that as he is not retiring but just coming off the road, which the guy deserves to do, 11 years on the road, wow!!! Anyway, am I wrong? Did I interpret the article wrong? Just need your input to set me straight.N

loreli
10-10-2000, 04:43 PM
That's what I got out of it too. :)
<br>
<br>I'm going to keep a positive attitude. :)
<br>
<br>Lori :)N

Snow
10-10-2000, 04:46 PM
I agree. He didn't say... and all of his other answers sort of left the door open. :)N

LVGB4EVER
10-11-2000, 06:13 AM
I feel the same..till we actually read it straight from him I will still Hope :)
<br>
<br>Take care
<br>Sue ;)N

elvisfanforever
10-11-2000, 09:46 AM
Here's what I got from the article:
<br>Is Garth Retiring?: I get the impression since the Time-Warner/EMI-Capitol merger failed, that he has again postponed a final decision on that issue. That's the first thing he talks about with Billboard.
<br>As he mentions later on, Garth loves to make music and is the last one to want to quit. But he validly questions whether the country music format has gone somewhere Garth himself can't. As Garth says, he can't be true to himself, and make the kind of country stuff that you hear on the radio today. Extrodinarily excellent point! (Garth could make music that he despises and hates, and it would probably sell millions, but it wouldn't be true to Garth himself.....makes sense to me!)
<br>New Album?: Garths words:"If we can come up with songs that we feel comparable to the other seven studio albums, we might." & earlier, he mentions that if there is a "last album", that, quoting..."The possibility of a new album has been brought up by people who mean the world to me.If there is a last(God, I hope this is not a "last!!!)album it's because they fought for it, and because we can make the music."
<br>The comments in parenthesis are my own views, and not quotes form Garth.
<br> Garth obviously has a lot of things he would like to see accomplished:
<br>New Album: Maybe.
<br>Radio Only CD & Song?: Yup! Nov 6th!!
<br>Re-release of his first 6 albums late Nov.
<br>The Lamb Movie: Yes, it's his production companys idea, and because Garth still wants to do the soundtrack!
<br>He's obviously planning on keeping busy in his own way!
<br>I personally feel that Garth can stay true to himself and his music, whether he retires or not! I myself would hate to see him retire....he's made a huge contribution to country, and can continue to do so, any way he wants, that's what made him the way he is today, and he would be crazy to think that he would be forgotten, or that it would make people think less of, or care less for him!
<br>GO GARTH!
<br>Thank You,
<br>
<br>Lester
<br>:)
<br>
<br>
<br>N

Pilgrim
10-11-2000, 02:08 PM
I'm waiting to see what happens:)
<br>
<br>BrianN

garthsgirl
10-11-2000, 02:24 PM
Lester, Very insightful points you made. I agree with you 100%.
<br>
<br> LisaN