PDA

View Full Version : May 9th -Steve's new album with Garth Duet

Jen19
03-18-2000, 06:12 PM
<BR>Garth Brooks, Steve <BR>Wariner <P><BR>Garth Brooks and Steve Wariner join voices for a third time on Wariner's new album, Faith in You, due May 9. The two singers, who'd previously paired for the hits "Longneck Bottle" and "Burnin' the Roadhouse Down," will appear together on "Katie Wants a Fast One," a rollicking tune featuring New Orleans second-line rhythms, barrelhouse piano, and a full horn section. <P>The inspiration for the song came from Wariner's wife Karen, who suggested that Steve and co-writer Rick Carnes try to blend the styles of Lou Bega and Hank Williams Sr. "I wanted them to try to find something different," says Karen, "because I was tired of all the fast songs on the radio." <P>Faith in You, which also will contain Wariner's "Been There" duet with Clint Black, features songwriting collaborations with Bill Anderson and Rodney Crowell as well. Wariner's two sons also appear on the album -- 16-year-old Ryan plays a guitar duet called "Bloodlines" with his father, and 12-year-old Ross contributes "power guitar" to the lead track, "High Time." <P>"This album, I think, is a lot more diverse than any other [of my] albums," Wariner says. "I hope my growth as a producer shows more than on my last couple of albums." <P><BR>-- Brian Mansfield<P><BR> Jen<P><BR>N