PDA

View Full Version : Forum Update

PlanetGarth.com
10-07-2000, 06:02 PM
There was an update to the forum software tonight. So if you see any problems with the system, please let me know.
<br>
<br>There was no new features with this update, though you will find that the profiles work again. The reasons for the update were mainly technical.N

Paula
10-08-2000, 05:26 PM
Hi Brandon/Web Dude/Sugarbritches,
<br>
<br>One thing I noticed was that my preferences on one of the Forums (Other Artists) changed to show topics for the last 1 hour only, so I had to reset my preferences. It seems to be okay now.
<br>
<br>Another thing is that the page on the Open Forum where the topics are listed doesn't fit on the screen. I have to scroll to the right. The threads are okay...it's just the list of topics where it's happening.
<br>
<br>Also, I noticed in the Open Forum a floating topic that has sunk to the bottom of the list instead of staying at the top.
<br>
<br>Finally, not to be a nag, but what's the ETA for the link for Next Newest/Next Oldest Topic?
<br>
<br>PaulaN

Paula
10-08-2000, 05:34 PM
I was just reading some of the topics and noticed that, on some, the number of replies show as 0 when in fact there are replies.
<br>
<br>Also, I tried to edit my post above to add this and it's not working.
<br>
<br>PaulaN

Paula
10-08-2000, 06:24 PM
Ignore my comment about the page on the Open Forum that doesn't fit on the screen. I just realized that it's Brian's fault :P with his long unbroken subject line that is causing this to happen.
<br>
<br>Paula
<br>N

Garth_FANtasizer
10-09-2000, 12:21 AM
Yikes - Help!
<br>
<br>I am having a major problem with the update.
<br>
<br>I am on webtv, and since this update, half of the forum is blackened out completely.
<br>
<br>I can't see the forum titles. They are all black.. then when I am in a forum, I can't see the thread topics (all in black except for the icon showing its new) but I can see the name of who posted the topic, but I cant see the number of replies.(black again) then I can see the time posted.
<br>
<br>Now.. When I try to read the thread, every other post shows up. The first one is ok, but the 2nd one is blackened out. All I can see of it is the emotion icons.
<br>
<br>I hope this makes sense.
<br>
<br>If you reply to this, I might not see it. Heck, I might not
<br>even see my own post!
<br>
<br>~Ann~N

PlanetGarth.com
10-12-2000, 02:39 PM
WebTV problem is fixed.N

PlanetGarth.com
10-22-2000, 01:25 PM
Finally, not to be a nag, but what's the ETA for the link for Next Newest/Next Oldest Topic?
<br>
<br>The ETA is about 30 minutes ago.N

Paula
10-22-2000, 04:21 PM
WOOOOHOOOO! Thanks Brandon!
<br>
<br>PaulaN

Chris Gaines
10-22-2000, 05:35 PM
Still can't see who moderates what forum.
<br>
<br>The link is broke on the front of each forum.
<br>
<br>JasonN

kjsyong
10-27-2000, 03:28 AM
hey brandon..
<br>
<br>got wee little problem if it wasnt too big job for you :)
<br>
<br>i cant seems to change/view my profile...
<br>
<br>gave me this error after i logged in...
<br>
<br>=== error ===
<br>
<br>{with a text box here stating: <font face= }
<br>
<br>ADODB.Field error '80020009'
<br>
<br>Either BOF or EOF is True, or the current record has been deleted. Requested operation requires a current record.
<br>
<br>/members/default.asp, line 0
<br>
<br>=== error ===
<br>
<br>
<br>Please tell me what is going on ^_^
<br>
<br>Kel
<br>N

Czy4GB
10-28-2000, 05:10 PM
I'm having the same problem with my profile as Kel. I entered all the info when I joined PG but it doesn't show up. I went to fix it and i got the same thing as Kel did.
<br>
<br>
<br>Thanks,
<br>JenniferN

kjsyong
10-28-2000, 08:02 PM
jennifer..
<br>
<br>it is something that said in the city, country area??
<br>
<br>it doesnt seems to recognise what is going ...
<br>
<br>i do hope this can be fixed soon.. i want to add/change my profile a bit.. ^_^ hope this doesnt give too much pressure or anything..
<br>
<br>(BTW .. i tried with netscape at my uni computer, and friend's computer using IE5.5.. and no help.. i guess something in my profile didnt work)
<br>
<br>Thanks
<br>
<br>KelN

kjsyong
10-28-2000, 08:02 PM
jennifer..
<br>
<br>it is something that said in the city, country area??
<br>
<br>it doesnt seems to recognise what is going ...
<br>
<br>i do hope this can be fixed soon.. i want to add/change my profile a bit.. ^_^ hope this doesnt give too much pressure or anything..
<br>
<br>(BTW .. i tried with netscape at my uni computer, and friend's computer using IE5.5.. and no help.. i guess something in my profile didnt work)
<br>
<br>Thanks
<br>
<br>KelN

Czy4GB
10-28-2000, 08:07 PM
Kel,
<br>
<br>Yes it's in the city, state part.
<br>
<br>
<br>JenniferN

kjsyong
10-28-2000, 08:19 PM
well then.. jennifer..
<br>
<br>we have the same problem where..
<br>
<br>hope brandon can find the problem and fix it when he got back...
<br>
<br>meantime.. everything seems okay .. it sure is a good day.. (Everyday)..
<br>
<br>KelN

annette
10-30-2000, 08:49 AM
I have the same problem also. I can't figure out how to view anyone elses profile either.
<br>Thanks, AnnetteN

Chris Gaines
10-30-2000, 08:54 AM
annette, click the ICON to the RIGHT of the Posted TIME on the persons post you wanna check the profive too..
<br>
<br>the icon looks like a FACE with a "?" beside it :)
<br>
<br>hope that helps :)
<br>
<br>JasonN

annette
10-30-2000, 09:15 AM
Thanks Jason. i tried that the other day and it didn't work. But now it is working. I appreciate your help.
<br>
<br>AnnetteN

PlanetGarth.com
10-30-2000, 05:10 PM
FAQ is working again.N

kjsyong
10-30-2000, 05:20 PM
brandon,
<br>
<br>thank you for fixing the link to FAQ..
<br>
<br>but... any further link from inside FAQ didnt seems to work.. (the Forum Code section)
<br>
<br>:( sorry to trouble you too much...
<br>
<br>(and has the profile thingy fixed??)
<br>
<br>thanks for great job Brandon!! you're so sweet and are the best!! ^_^ Planetgarth.com wont be here without you!!
<br>
<br>Kel<P>(This message has been edited by kjsyong)N