PDA

View Full Version : Boooooooo..... King of the Hill

Snow
05-21-2000, 02:43 PM
I'm watching King of the Hill. They are doing a episode on Fan Fair.<P>They just made some crack about Garth causing his team to lose at the celebrity baseball game because he made an error!<P>Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!<P>The rest of it is pretty funny though. I don't guess it's anything to get really upset about... they seem to be cracking on everyone. :)N

Pilgrim
05-21-2000, 02:46 PM
What is King Of The Hill?? :o<P>BrianN

Snow
05-21-2000, 02:48 PM
It's a prime-time animated series... kind of like The Simpsons... but more adult. It's about a family named the Hills who live in Texas.<P>Maybe I can find a link to something about it for you.N

Snow
05-21-2000, 03:00 PM
The website for King of the Hill is<BR> <A HREF="http://www.fox.com/frameset.html?content=/kingofthehill/index.html" TARGET=_blank>http://www.fox.com/frameset.html?content=/kingofthehill/index.html</A> <P>In tonights episode the Hills are on a church trip to Fan Fair in Nashville.<P>Peggy is upset that Randy Travis supposedly stole a song from her. She and some of the other characters toilet paper Randy's trailer... while they are doing it the trailer accidently rolls into a pond and he almost dies. Hank saves him... but then Randy tells everyone that he saved Hank.<P>Peggy's son gives one of her baked goods to Brooks (from Brooks and Dunn) but when he is on his way to give it to Brooks he accidently drops it in a field where Michael Montgomery has been riding his horse. He accidently gets horse poop in the with the baked good (a brown betty)... he just scoops it back into the pan... and gives it to Brooks anyway. He didn't know it had horse poop in it.<P>Brooks eats the whole thing and won't share... he gets really sick... but Dunn says it's just because he ate the whole thing.<P>Wynonna and Hank get in a fight about whether charcoal or propane is better to grill food. Hanks sells propane... but Wynonna tells him... "I grew up with charcoal... now back off!"<P>I guess you had to watch it to get the jokes.<P>The voices of the characters were all played by the country singers themselves.<BR>N

Hawk7lte
05-21-2000, 03:21 PM
Just saw that and thought it was hilarious. One (Travis - Randy) of them was introduced by saying "I know no one could replace Garth Brooks - but can Randy try." <P>Now I think Randy is a cutie (and really sweet too - ask his wife) - and I love his song about the guy digging a deeper pit with his shovel; "The Hole" (clever idea - brilliant really); but replace Garth. Can anyone say - NOT A CHANCE.<P>HeHe,<BR>Hawk<P><BR>N

Pilgrim
05-21-2000, 03:26 PM
Thanks for the link and the info :D<P>BrianN

Pilgrim
05-21-2000, 03:30 PM
And the link<P>BrianN

Snow
05-21-2000, 03:53 PM
They were talking about Randy Travis replacing Kix Brooks.... of Brooks and Dunn... not Garth Brooks.<P>Remember Kix Brooks couldn't sing because he had been poisoned by the Brown Betty Horse Manure.N

Pilgrim
05-21-2000, 04:00 PM
WOW!<P>I wasn't aware of that Kix or Ronnie could sing :o :o<P>When did they learn that? ;) ;)<P>BrianN

no1cowgirl
05-21-2000, 04:18 PM
Snow-<BR> Oh! *L* Not fair! <BR> I like King Of The Hill, though *L*<P><BR>KristaN

GarthFanCanada1
05-21-2000, 04:33 PM
Snow, you beat me to the punch! I was just sitting down to comment on the show... It was better than usual. Even laughed at the Garth joke. Hey, it isn't every Sunday he's mentioned on a Prime Time Cartoon! LOL<P><BR>BarkleyN

Paula
05-21-2000, 04:35 PM
I was going to watch this episode but thought it was the Simpsons so I missed it. Oh well, I'm sure I'll be able to catch it on reruns.<P>PaulaN

Snow
05-21-2000, 06:41 PM
Ahhhhhhh..... come on Brian... I LIKE Brooks and Dunn. They're fun! :)N

Hawk7lte
05-21-2000, 08:04 PM
Snow - thanks for the correction - that's what I get for working and trying to watch T.V. at the same time....<P>HawkN

boppityboo
05-22-2000, 07:50 AM
Hey Snow, thanks for that description of the whole show. I missed it. :( I was at the in laws for supper last night, and forgot. It sounds like it was a good show. :) <P>Have a Garthriffic day,<BR>Ellie :)N

MissScarlett
05-22-2000, 01:49 PM
LOL I love King of the Hill, but I haven't watched it in awhile. The episode you described sounds hilarious.<P>I used to think that Brooks and Dunn looked cheesy &lt;---- my word for sleezy LOL I don't know why! But I do like their music.<P>MargaretN

Pilgrim
05-22-2000, 02:39 PM
Snow :)<P>I am glad you like them, but I certainly don't :) They are simply way too monotonous for my taste :o<P>Margaret<BR>Cheesy?? I use to say they look like Saddam Hussein and Chuck Norris :o<P>Now I don't know if it is worse for Saddam and Chuck to be compared to Kix and Ronnie, or the other way around :o ;)<P>Brian ;)N

MissScarlett
05-22-2000, 05:16 PM
ROTFL Brian!!!! Now that you mentioned it they do favor them LOL I still like their music though :)<P>MargaretN

pldrw
05-23-2000, 10:53 AM
Brian; are you being bad? To me Saddam would be the winner by being compared to them!! They are very nice! Some people just find it hard to change their looks; unlike G! They are just stuck in a late 70's time warp, with their looks! :)N

Pilgrim
05-23-2000, 02:14 PM
Yeah Pam ;) I'm being bad as usual :o<P>Hey! it's not only their looks that is stuck :o Also their music. <BR>it's the same and the same and the same and the same and the same and the........ ;)<P>BrianN