PDA

View Full Version : POLL....who got robbed the most from the cma..

minnesotagbfan
10-04-2000, 01:37 AM
ok... now the awards are TONIGHT :) and i got to thinking about who should have been nominated more than they had if they have even been nominated.. and i came up with these.. now vote who you think got the biggest cma shaft..lol.. and yeah garth is in here even thoguh this is about other artists too..N

minnesotagbfan
10-04-2000, 01:39 AM
i picked garth because of "when you come back to me again" ..definitely should be up for song of the year:P
<br>
<br>russN

minnesotagbfan
10-04-2000, 01:43 AM
shoot .. i forgot my other choices and my thoughts on why they got robbed
<br>
<br>
<br>clay and martina.... attend their concerts and find out why :P
<br>
<br>reba... some of the best videos out there this year :)
<br>
<br>trisha... just listen to that voice :)
<br>
<br>enough said :P
<br>
<br>russN

loreli
10-04-2000, 05:38 AM
i picked garth because of "when you come back to me again" ..definitely should be up for song of the year
<br>
<br>I agree with you on that one. :)
<br>
<br>LoriN

Anonymous
10-04-2000, 06:47 AM
I think Kenny Chesney was ignored once again. He just won an ASCAP award for How Forever Feels--there's no reason he could not have been nominated for a CMA award. Also, Skip Ewing who co-wrote You Had Me From Hello was named the BMI writer of the year. So people must like what he's doing. They should just give him more credit for it.N

minnesotagbfan
10-04-2000, 09:04 AM
kenny "the horse rider " chesney ???
<br>
<br>
<br>*thinks*
<br>
<br>
<br>russN

no1cowgirl
10-04-2000, 11:26 AM
Anonymous-
<br>Get used to people ignoring Skip Ewing. They've been doing it for years. And it sucks....he's very talented and an EXTREMELY nice guy...I spent a lot of time with him while in Cali for the ACM's.
<br>
<br>Oh, also...get used to people ignoring songwriters period. They don't get half the credit they deserve.
<br>
<br>Krista<P>(This message has been edited by no1cowgirl)N

Pilgrim
10-04-2000, 03:27 PM
I went with Martina:)
<br>
<br>BrianN

psa
10-04-2000, 06:33 PM
I went with clay walker. but there is one more that should be on that list and that is mark wills he is a wonderful artist and does not get enough credit.
<br>
<br>SheilaN

SummerWind
10-13-2000, 11:52 AM
I think Martina McBride should have got the Female Vocalist Award.....she has an incredible voice...and she has been robbed before.
<br>
<br>JennyN

babyblue777
10-13-2000, 12:34 PM
I think Steve Wariner(sp?) should have been nominated for something. He has a beautiful voice, writes beautiful songs, and his new CD is awesome. I also think that "Katie Wants a Fast One" should have been nominated for something.N

CountryBee
10-13-2000, 07:06 PM
I agree with Jenny, Martina should have been the Female Vocalist. I don't think "When You Come Back To Me Again" would have qualified for any awards. First, it was not a commercially released song, second, I don't think it came out within the qualification period. Garth wasn't nominated because he was officially "off" for the qualification year 1999 - 2000.
<br>BeeN