PDA

View Full Version : Artist Profile: Garth.

LonsomeDove
10-02-2000, 03:52 PM
Just paid a visit to countrymusicforthefans.com
<br>and the Artist Profile for the
<br>entire month of October is
<br>(drum roll please) Garth.
<br>
<br>Learned some stuff I did not know before and its a good ead.
<br>
<br>Also, at the bottom of the Profile page is a PG link>
<br>
<br>CR :)N

fuzzwuzz
10-02-2000, 06:38 PM
Please tell us CR, what did ya learn? Let's talk!N

LonsomeDove
10-02-2000, 08:35 PM
Well, things I did not know before like,
<br>Garth having to repeat his first course in marketing at Collage.
<br> His sister, Betsy, was at one time Ronnie Dunn's bass player in the house band at a place called Duke's night club in Tulsa.
<br>When Garth and Sandy went to Nashville, Santa Fe was with them. Really, I do not know anything abut Santa Fe.
<br>After Garth re-neg. his contract with Capitol, well I know about him getting 50% but I did not know Garth pays all recording and video costs.
<br>Never knew about Him giving two benifit concerts back in 1993 or so in LA at the 36,000 seat Great Western Forum, and the shows sold out in 34 min's.
<br>Not to mention His selling out Texas stadium's 65,000 seats in 92 min's.
<br>
<br>Just a couple of things I know now. :)
<br>
<br>CR.N

majmom
10-04-2000, 05:57 AM
CR,
<br>
<br>You can learn about Santa Fe and Garth's early musical struggles in the book titled "The Road To Santa Fe" - it was written by a band member of Santa Fe without Garth's permission, but I found it very interesting.
<br>
<br>Thanks for the link.
<br>
<br>KerryN

fuzzwuzz
10-04-2000, 07:45 AM
CR, Kerry is right. That is a good book. I especially thought it interesting how Garth tells the band in the car while driving, out of the clear blue, he tells them he is gonna be more famous than _______. Sorry, can't remember the name. Waylon Jennings maybe?
<br> Anyway, I thought it odd he said he as opposed to us. And he was right!N