PDA

View Full Version : getting way out of control.....

minnesotagbfan
10-01-2000, 08:00 PM
i recently saw this and wanted to paste it here.. it may not mean alot to any of you but i will give my opinion on this after the article...
<br>
<br>
<br>Chicks Return
<br>The Dixie Chicks are returning to the Cities on November 13th to perform at the Xcel Energy Center in St. Paul!
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>Tickets go on sale at 10:00am for the November 13 Dixie Chicks concert at the new Xcel Energy Center in St. Paul! Tickets are $56.50 (Reserved), $46.50, and $31.00, and are available at all Ticketmaster locations, including Dayton's, Mervyn's, Rainbow Foods, and RiverCentre Box Office. Charge by phone at (651) 989-5151 (Visa, Mastercard, American Express, and Discover accepted), or on-line at www.ticketmaster.com!
<br>
<br>now i believe that certain artists can get away with this but some of the people charging these prices are not worth with.. i mean like the chicks.. they have alot of fans who are kids...from personal experience i couldnt afford to go to my first concert til i was 19 .. and that doesnt include birthday and christmas presents either;)
<br>
<br>i would like to get everyones opinion on concert ticket prices skyrocketing...
<br>
<br>russ
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>N

redstrokes77
10-02-2000, 02:41 AM
BRING BACK GARTH!!!
<br>
<br>debN

cybersadie
10-02-2000, 05:22 AM
Definitely ticket prices are waaaay ridiculous. I love the Chicks but, seriously I spent $80 for a ticket to see them in NYC this summer. The only reason I did it was because it was my 21st birthday present to myself and I'd been saving money to do something fun on my 21st all year.
<br>
<br>But $31 as the CHEAPEST ticket. That is just out of control. Their shows are not even as technologically demanding as Garth's so what in the heck. I say now as I've said before I saw the best concert I've ever seen on 9/12/98 and FU Center for $25.00. GARTH COME BACK TO US!!!!N

Pilgrim
10-02-2000, 02:18 PM
Hmm maybe those artists who have ticket prices of $25 and below do it because they can't get attention any other way??:):)
<br>
<br>They are forced to sell the tickets as cheap as possible because otherwise no one will go see them.
<br>
<br>That is with the exception of Garth though:)
<br>
<br>BrianN

minnesotagbfan
10-02-2000, 02:46 PM
brian,
<br>
<br>no no no .. they do that because they are money hungry and are fan friendly.. they charge that because they think they need to:(
<br>
<br>russN

minnesotagbfan
10-10-2000, 03:06 AM
btw..that concert sold out in minutes....grrrrr..i wanted to go but i cant afford those prices...grrrrrrr
<br>
<br>did i say grrrrrrr yet???
<br>
<br>russN

Anonymous
10-10-2000, 04:28 PM
I had third row seats when I saw the Chicks and it only cost me $37.50 a ticket. I think it's the venues that are causing the price to go up. A lot of the venues are new and they charge a lot just to break even. You can't really blame the chicks for this one. I think they tried hard to keep the ticket prices low and some things are just out of their hands. N

t.m. fan
10-10-2000, 08:20 PM
Often times, when an artist charges bargain prices for a concert, it is just a publicity ploy. Low prices generate huge lines hours-- days before tickets even go on sale. This creates a media frenzy and any positive attention helps an artist sell records. I'm not pointing any fingers in particular, I just learned this in my economics class. All I'm saying is that just because an artist has cheap tickets doesn't mean their intentions aren't to make more money. N

SummerWind
10-13-2000, 11:42 AM
I think thats too much money for the Chicks...Ive seen them....and they were good but there are not too many people I would pay that much to see....of course I'd pay alot more than that to see Garth....lol. When I saw Garth in '97 I only payed $18.50 for my ticket and it was the best concert I have ever seen. The most I have ever paid was Shania Twain at $47.50 per ticket for 5th row. I really only paid that much for her because my Daughter wanted to see her so badly..so it was worth it.
<br>
<br>JennyN