PDA

View Full Version : Garth presenting at the CMA awards???

SweetGBFan
09-29-2000, 02:59 PM
Okay, need to know. Garth was not nominated this year for anything as we expected, sort of, but I just wonder why he isnt asked to perform or present this year? I know in past years if he hasnt been able to be there it was because he was on tour, but do you think he has been asked to present or perform and said no or do you think they dont even ask him? I just wondered if the CMA hates him that much or if they think he just probably wouldnt do it. Just curious as to what some of you think. I guess I feel like if he hasnt at least been asked that maybe they are snubbing him, maybe??? So if anyone has any 911 on this subject or an opinion please feel free to reply.N

Pilgrim
09-29-2000, 03:37 PM
I think he said politely no when he was asked:):)
<br>
<br>I don't think that everytime that he isn't on an award show it is because they hate him. There are other stars out there as well;);)
<br>
<br>He should just release a couple of new albums and finish the promised tour and he would definitely be there NEXT year:):):)
<br>
<br>BrianN

MWhiteVT18
10-02-2000, 04:32 AM
Are you sure that Garth isn't presenting an award for the show? I saw him over the weekend here in Nashville and figured he was in town for the CMA's. N

nelty
10-02-2000, 04:41 AM
MWhiteVT
<br>
<br>I have the list of performer and presenter. I don't see Garth. and they usually use Garth to draw people to watch the show. :( that's how marketing works, unfortuately.
<br>
<br>UNLESS, he is a special guest at the show.
<br>
<br>NellyN

MWhiteVT18
10-02-2000, 09:52 AM
Oh, I see now. He was in town for the Allen Reynolds thing.....Nashville Songwriters Hall of Fame. Sorry about that. N