PDA

View Full Version : Katie Wants A Fast One does a Friends In Low Places!!

Chris Gaines
09-28-2000, 06:24 PM
Yep.. if ya wanna know why "Katie Wants A Fast One" is somewhat similar to "Friends In Low Places".. read on :)
<br>
<br>hehe
<br>
<br>Steve Wariner is the interview of the week from www.countrycool.com .. and he talks about something his Step-Daughter did at the end of the song...
<br>
<br>"You start to hear the crowd background noise... and then Holly (his step-daughter) opens up a can of Pepsi".. it was caught on the tape.. and kinda noticable if your listening :)
<br>
<br>As we all know in Garth's "Friends In Low Places" at the end.. a Beer was openned by one of Garth's buds. that got caught on tape.
<br>
<br>Steve says he "really enjoys" hearing that part of the song knowing it was holly that openned the pop can. LOL :)
<br>
<br>how cool is that :)
<br>
<br>JasonN

GRTH FAN
09-28-2000, 09:21 PM
Very COOL Jason! I enjoyed the info!!
<br>Donna :)N

littlebit
09-29-2000, 05:12 AM
Very very cool Jason :cool: i gotta get some headphones though, cos i've played FILP and i still can't hear it!:)
<br>
<br>deAnnalynnN

Vanessa
09-29-2000, 11:04 AM
I've noticed the line when Garth yells "Push Marie!" LOL!! But I've never noticed that a can of Pepsi was opened at the end of the song!! Thanks fer sharing Jason!! Very :cool:!! :)
<br>
<br>Vanessa :)N

Pilgrim
09-29-2000, 02:53 PM
Very sweet:):)
<br>
<br>brianN

NJ4GARTH
10-02-2000, 09:20 AM
Hey Jason,
<br>Never heard that. I will have to listen a little harder next time.
<br>
<br>Hay Vanessa,
<br>
<br>That line "Push Marie" was for one of Garth's band members wife was having a baby while they were recording the song and Garth thought it would be funny to do it.
<br>
<br>TomN