PDA

View Full Version : another question...

Crackers
09-28-2000, 03:47 PM
What does a person wear to an Opry 75th birthday?
<br>
<br>Also, (for anyone who lives in the area) what kind of weather can we expect?<P>(This message has been edited by Crackers)N

Chris Gaines
09-28-2000, 04:57 PM
Weather wise.. you can't "expect" the weatehr in the Midwest LOL
<br>
<br>If you try.. you'll be wrong 90% of the time in October.
<br>
<br>Sooooo Bring warm clothes.. and also one or two shorts.. cause you never know..
<br>
<br>One day it'll be 80 degrees and sunny.. the next day it'll be 50 degrees and rainy.
<br>
<br>Welp that takes care of the weather question.. who wants to try the "Wear to the Opry question?"
<br>
<br>JasonN

redstrokes77
09-29-2000, 02:46 AM
I STILL wanna wear my "Minnie Pearl" hat but Denise won't let me. :(
<br>
<br>debN

phillygirl4garth
09-29-2000, 08:00 AM
No, Deb! I said you could wear it, but I'll be riding to the opry with some other nutt from our hotel:rolleyes: lol
<br>
<br>By the way, the things you asked for are done:)
<br>
<br>DeniseN

GBinMyHrt
09-29-2000, 12:37 PM
Hi,
<br>
<br>I've been monitoring the weather in Nashville since I'm always cold. The lows are 45-55 degrees and the highs are 70-80. Last year I visited TN in October and the weather was pretty much that way. It was cold in the morning and at night, but very warm during the day. It helps to dress in layers so you can peel 'em off as the day gets warm. Hope that helps.N

NewestGBFan
09-29-2000, 03:05 PM
OK, everyone is answering the question about the weather but still unanswered is what do you wear to the Opry? How casual? How formal? I am a fashion disaster so I need all the help I can get.;)
<br>
<br>Thanks.
<br>
<br>ElaineN

MDgarthgirl
09-30-2000, 10:52 AM
Elaine,
<br>
<br>The Opry has never been known for it's fancy audience. lol. The times that I have gone, it's always been real casual...jeans and t-shirt. I mean, it's Friday and Saturday nights...people are off work, and it's laid back.
<br>
<br>However, since this weekend is a large celebration for both the artists and patrons, I would advise wearing something a tad nicer. Not a prom dress, but...slacks or a nice long skirt, a nice top, etc. For example, I haven't decided yet, but I was thinking of wearing my dark black jeans, a black shirt, and a see-thru purple silk shirt over it. And, of course, the silver-tipped black boots. ;) So...dressy casual would be my best bet.
<br>
<br>NashN

NewestGBFan
09-30-2000, 03:05 PM
OOOOH, thanks Nash
<br>
<br>I guess I better go shopping.....
<br>ElaineN

gbfans66
10-01-2000, 04:06 PM
Sorry, but I'm wearing jeans and a nice shirt or blouse of some kind. Really have no idea yet, but I'm not dressing up really! LOL Kids will do the same or whatever I tell them to wear! Mom on the other hand I have no clue. She'd be the one to dress maybe a little more "UP" but maybe not. So we're wearing jeans and that's it so hopefully it won't matter. Not like they are going to boot us out or anything, but considering I'm going to a 9:30 show I'm not going to be cold afterwards either.
<br>
<br>JillN