PDA

View Full Version : One year ago tommrow

Jen19
09-27-2000, 05:32 AM
Wow I can't belive tommorow will be my one year anniversary of meeting Garth.. its so strange. It feels like it was just yestereday but in the same way it feels like it has been a long time since that day. Denise,Shelley can you belive it.
<br>
<br>One thing I know is the smile hasn't gone anywhere.....
<br>
<br>JENN

Dancer
09-27-2000, 07:28 AM
Congratulations!! I have never met him yet, but I will someday! :)N

JulieLvsGB
09-27-2000, 07:53 AM
Hi Jen,
<br>
<br>I've been thinking the same thing all day! :) It's also been one year ago tomorrow for me. I wonder how hubby's gonna be able to top last year's birthday present. LOL...NEVER! :cool:
<br>JulieN

majmom
09-27-2000, 08:05 AM
Wow - Jen - Congrats -
<br>
<br>I remember this - because I was supposed to go and couldn't make it until the next day! But at least I got to go then... *sigh*
<br>
<br>Why don't you bring your moment up to the top so we can all enjoy it again?
<br>
<br>It does seem like yesterday and forever ago all at once.
<br>
<br>KerryN

fuzzwuzz
09-27-2000, 08:16 AM
That's great Jen! Tomorrow is the first anniversary of the day I met Chris Gaines through his music! Later I met Garth too as a Met and told him how much Chris means to me. I hope Garth wasn't jealous! Actually, isn't it Chris who has the jealous streak according to Garth? ;) I guess I'm safe then, except it's Chris fault I'm all into Garth now too! I can't win!
<br> Bring your moment back up so we can relive your special Garth moment with you!<P>(This message has been edited by fuzzwuzz)N

Pilgrim
09-27-2000, 02:39 PM
Cool:)
<br>
<br>BrianN

BlueRose
09-27-2000, 03:12 PM
Wooooohoooo Jen!!!! :) :) :) :) :) :) :) Tomorrow is the anniversary of our dreams having come true...to think not only did we first meet Garth on 9/28/99 but we also met Chris face to face too! I will remember that day for the rest of my life and I thank God, my Mother *looking to the heavens* and Garth for all making it happen. And to think the next best thing to meeting Garth and Chris was meeting Stillwater on 12/2/99...it doesn't get any better!
<br>
<br>If it weren't for photos...even the dorky one of me (with Garth), I'd not be sure it really happened. I remember the exact spot where it took place and floating back to NJ that night, so anxious to tell everyone I saw...I thought I'd bust!!! You know what they say about the first time, well they're wrong...it just keeps getting better and better. :) :) :) Indeed memories to last a life time. *sigh*
<br>
<br>Cheryl
<br>
<br>N

GottaB-GB
09-28-2000, 03:13 AM
Jen,
<br>
<br>I know...it's funny because last night I was as restless as I was one year ago...and today I am full of so many emotions...and it really DOES seem like yesterday....especially when SO MUCH has happened for us since then...Last night I wrote Garth a letter because it just seemed to be the "thing" to do...and as we travel to Nashville in a couple weeks...I will see Garth 3yrs to the day that I saw my first concert in Pittsburgh...
<br>
<br>....it's so overwhelming, but in the most positive way I could imagine. :') *sigh*N

Jen19
09-28-2000, 04:53 AM
Well its here .. I tried to bring the moment back up again but the topic has been closed. So I just copy and paste it.. I just read it and I'm overwellmed with memories.. why don't the rest of you that shared this day with me .. past your post tooo...
<br>
<br>
<br>My 1st Garth Moment, Roise,Conan and a hug !!!
<br>Posted: Wednesday, September 29, 1999: 1:03:00 PM
<br>--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
<br> Okay, here goes MY FIRST GARTH MOMENT...it was quiet a day. It started around 12:30 with Jay Leno and watching Garth knowing I had to get up at 3am to go to the Bus station but It was Garth so I stayed up. I slept for about an hour and a half and then flew out of bed. Okay Bus ride....
<br>Now Rosie stand by tickets. Denise and I stood in line and waited till they came out and we had to pull numbers from a hat ... And Garth was with us and Densie pulled a 5 Wohoho we where in... Yes then we jumped over to the Conan line and we got number 13 and 14.. So Then at 9am we got in line for Rosie and yes we got in and what a blast it was. Her show is so much fun. At commericals we sang Garth songs and our row of Garth fans rocked... Go Us !!! So Garth came and sang and we had just such a great time. Then after that .. we missed Garth comming out of the garage since we didn't know where it was, but we did catch him pulling back in but he didn't get to stop . We got somting to eat and went to Virgin records to buy the CD limited editon
<br>So now it was Conan.. 4pm we got in line and waited. We got in again , this day was getting better and better. Conan wasn't as fun but Garth sure did look great in that tee shirt. He talked and sang. It was fun. He blew Denise and I a kiss as he walked of the stage and I blew one right back. Now we went outside to the parking garade. It was 7pm so we knew Garth was going to be doing the chat so we had a while but around 9pm that limo pulled up the ramp and He Jumped Out.
<br>I started to shake like a baby, I was touching him I was looking in his eyes. This is my 1st Garth moment so I have to go on but I was basically in awe. Denise started to cry as Garth gave her, her autograph and then he gave her a big Garth squeeze. Of course I got mine too. It was so complete awesome. Garth is so nice just what I have always expected I just started up in his eyes most of the 40mins or so he was out there. Snapping lots of pictures which I will get developed today. I'm sure for all you Garth fans that have had your moment know exactly how I fell. A few other fans with us had there first with us but I let them tell you their story. I did all this on no sleep but just a lot of Garth adrenaline. I could go on forever about how wonderful my day was but I think I'll stop now I'm but some PICS up when I get them... I'm one happy girl and yes dream can come true...
<br>Jen Goldstein 9/28/99
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>N

Jen19
09-28-2000, 04:57 AM
oh yeah also... if anyone wants to see pics from the magic day that hasent seen mine before check them out.
<br>
<br>
<br>http://briefcase.yahoo.com/garthjen19
<br>
<br>
<br>N

GottaB-GB
09-28-2000, 05:43 AM
Jen good idea here is my first post regarding my first Garth Moment as I returned home from NYC:
<br>
<br>(Originally posted 9/29/1999 on Garthbox since it was my trip to NYC that day that brought me HERE to PGforums)
<br>--------------------------------------------------
<br>Hey all,
<br>
<br>I can't even begin to describe my emotions right now...but I just have to
<br>thank all the Garthnuts who shared my VERY special day with me...It was a
<br>couple days early but clearly THE best birthday present of my entire life.
<br>I am just now realizing what happened to me today....Seeing the Rosie
<br>Show and the Conan Show with my fellow chatters and friends was
<br>special enough....but to
<br>spend what seemed like an entire day with Garth...I can't even begin to
<br>find the words to describe what it was like to MEET Garth and tell him in
<br> person all those little important things that we all
<br>want to share with JUST him. Garth treated each and every one of us there
<br>like a precious gem...and not just once but TWICE.
<br>
<br>(I am sure that you
<br>were exhausted Garth but I want you to know that today was the best day of
<br>my entire life and you can never know what today meant to me. I
<br>appreciate the time you took to sign my garth stuff, but the eye contact,
<br>the hugs, and your sincerity meant more to me than any physical object I
<br>could EVER get on my Birthday....or ANY day.)
<br>
<br> It was almost as if Garth
<br>was meeting me rather than me meeting him...I felt like he had an interest
<br>in who I was and what had brought me to him...it was a short amount of
<br>time that you speant with us Garth but we know that your time is so
<br>limited
<br>that it really is a LOT of your time. In a short few moments where
<br>time
<br>seemed to stand still for me, I felt you warm and precious love, and the
<br>way you cherish each and every fan that takes the time to find you. Thank
<br>you Garth for making my last birthday of this millenium more increadible
<br>than I ever dreamed. I feel like I have done the impossible...I kept
<br>believing and trying and it finally paid off!
<br>
<br>I am living proof that when things seem hopeless Garth magically appears
<br>and turns your work back into harmony. Keep Believing! And good luck to
<br>those garthnuts still in NY!!!
<br>
<br>
<br>Shelley...aka gottab-gb
<br>__________________________________________________
<br>Wow reading all that again really brings back the emotions of that day...how truely excited we all were and how deeply it touched our hearts...
<br>the friends we have made and kept, the new ppl who come into our lives from that point on....I am still in awe of the man everytime I look at him, and as I look at the overwhelming collage of pictures I now own...I can still remember how it felt when I HADN'T had any pictures of my own and only possesed the pictures I was so lucky to get from other fortunate fans....
<br>
<br>...and I guess the best part of being a Garth fan is that we don't forget how things were "BEFORE" and he keeps us humble and honest :)
<br>
<br>Gotta love a man who can do that!!
<br>
<br>And what else is cool is what someone else has already said...we Met Chris Gaines a year ago today.....and I remember the moment after meeting Garth when it all sank in and I never knew a person could laugh and cry so hard at the same time....I was driving home from the Train station and I put the CG CD on in the car and the first thing I heard....."That's the Way I Remember It"...goodness the Garthbumps I am gonna have to play that CD all day long now HEHEHEHE.
<br>
<br>
<br>ShelleyN

GottaB-GB
09-28-2000, 05:47 AM
oops forgot my link for pics:
<br>
<br>http://www8.addr.com/~gottab-g/garthmoments.html
<br>
<br>*sigh*N

phillygirl4garth
09-28-2000, 08:35 AM
Gosh, it seems like only yesterday:)
<br>
<br>That was a great day wasn't it? I was going to bring up my moment but I think Jen's covers both of our moments:)
<br>
<br>How many more days till Nashville?
<br>
<br>DeniseN

honky
09-28-2000, 09:28 AM
VERY COOL!!!!
<br>
<br>
<br>thanks for sharing Jen and Shelley! :P
<br>
<br>