PDA

View Full Version : Anybody wanna join my pity party??? :(

Cheryl
09-27-2000, 04:57 AM
OK, so I'm sitting here feeling sorry for myself that I can't be at the opry.....yes, I know, it aint the end of the world, and far, far, far more people have way bigger problems than that. I know all that, but, ya know......it don't make it any better. :(
<br>
<br>Anyhow, I thought while I spend the next few weeks moping around because I'll be missing something really special, I was wondering if anybody would like to join me....kind of a misery loves company sorta thing....
<br>
<br>Now don't get me wrong....I really am very happy for all those who will be there. And I'm more than hoping for very detailed reports on the weekend - I'm counting on them! Knowing that I at least have that to look forward to makes me feel better. :)
<br>
<br>Of all the weekends in the year, why, oh why, do I have to be off visiting colleges with my daughter on that particular Friday and Saturday??? The open house dates were set up and the reservations made way before the opry dates were announced....so, I've known from the get-go that I couldn't go, but why is it that lately it's just really starting to bug me? And the killer is, that come Friday morning when we start driving south from Illinois, we'll be heading to Missouri instead of Nashville. :(
<br>
<br>OK, I keep telling myself that I'll be off doing the mom thing instead of the GarthNutt thing, so why don't I feel any better about it?
<br>
<br>Well, hey, actually I do feel better just sitting here and whining, lol..........anybody care to join me? :)N

majmom
09-27-2000, 07:54 AM
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA...
<br>
<br>BOOOOOOOFREAKINHOOOOOOO...
<br>
<br>*SNIFF*
<br>
<br>That good enough, Cheryl?
<br>
<br>I've known from the outset that I couldn't go either - aside from the fact that I'm working that weekend - in November I've got to do my annual training and will be away from the family for almost 3 weeks - FAR AWAY - so I couldn't very well jet off to Nashville by myself when I'll be leaving hubby and kids so soon after that.
<br>
<br>*sigh*
<br>
<br>And I know what you mean - the closer it gets, the harder it gets...
<br>
<br>I AGREE - the ONLY way us poor, poor pitiful souls who can't go will get through it is by living vicariously through the experiences of all our fellow PGers! We're counting on you guys for every detail!
<br>
<br>Wow - I feel better too. Thanks, Cheryl!
<br>
<br>LOLOL
<br>
<br>KerryN

fuzzwuzz
09-27-2000, 08:27 AM
Cheryl, I feel bad too. My sister will be in Nashville that weekend on a business trip, and she could care less if Garth is there, only the inconvenience of how crowded it will be in town in trying to get a room. Hope she got reservations somewhere. I told her to say 'hi' to Garth if she DOES happen to bump into him. I'm sure the celebration will be the talk of the town that weekend.N

littlebit
09-27-2000, 12:43 PM
*sitting in the corner moping** Stifling a sob, hi you guys. **sniffle** wanna sing some Garth songs to make us feel better? *sniffle~*wipe my nose on my sleeve.~*big sigh** i brought my guitar...:(
<br>
<br>deAnnalynnN

Garth_FANtasizer
09-28-2000, 04:21 AM
I'll join this party kickin' and screamin' my way in the door.
<br>
<br>I'll bring the 'whine' and cheese. :)
<br>
<br>~Ann~N

Cathy Welch
09-28-2000, 09:04 AM
I'll gladly join this little party. Many a tear has been cried in my beer (actually wine) lately over not going down to Nashville to join this celebration. But after going to Spring Training this year, my accountant (me!!) has declared any further trips verboten. Unfortunately, it's not just a hop, skip and a jump from Toronto to Nashville.
<br>
<br>I would love to have seen again some of the ladies I met this spring, as well as meet up with other nutts I've heard about but never met. And let's not forget another opportunity to see Da Man!! Oh well, I will live vicariously through everyone that is going. I want details folks, details!!
<br>
<br>You want me to bring anything to the party? I've still got plenty of cheese in the fridge to go with the "whine"!!
<br>
<br>Cathy
<br>
<br>N

GBShameless
09-28-2000, 11:08 AM
:(, count me in too, I'm not going because I'm buying a house. Is that more important than going to TN to see Da Man? :) Oh I wish I was going to be there, but can't. So I'll join the pity party.
<br>
<br>For those who are going have a great time and safe trip.
<br>
<br>RobinN

littlebit
09-28-2000, 12:17 PM
Okey then,
<br>
<br>all together now, A~A#dim~Bm7~E~~
<br>
<br>Blame all on my roots,
<br>
<br> I showed up in boots,
<br>
<br> And ruined your black tie affair~
<br>
<br>
<br>:P
<br>
<br>N

Cheryl
09-28-2000, 04:56 PM
Some cheese with the whine sounds good! And, well, I dont much care for beer, so I think I'll cry in my Pina Coladas instead......
<br>
<br>***passing the Puffs***
<br>
<br>"THE LAST ONE TO SHOW
<br>THE LAST ONE TO KNOW
<br>THE LAST ONE YOU THOUGHT YOU'D SEE THERE"
<br>
<br>WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA :(
<br>
<br>***pulling out a few extra boxes of Puffs***<P>(This message has been edited by Cheryl)N

Cheryl
09-28-2000, 05:01 PM
Oh, ooops! Excuse my rudeness in my time of sorrow.....
<br>I just want to say thanks to all of yas for dropping by!
<br>And, hey, I hope y'all sit and stay a spell....call up some friends and neighbors to join on in, and I'll keep passing out the Puffs.N

fuzzwuzz
09-28-2000, 06:20 PM
And I saw the surprise
<br> The fear in his eyes
<br> When I took his glass of champagneN

CountryBee
09-28-2000, 06:50 PM
Of all the times for my mind to go blank! I've heard that song as many times as anyone here, but for the life of me, I can't think of the next line!
<br>HELP!!!
<br>Bee
<br>P. S. I've found a small way to compensate for not being at the Opry. I discovered a couple of older, but still "VERY COOl", Garth posters for sale on eBay, so I bought them. At least, I can look at Garth's picture anytime I want.N

majmom
09-29-2000, 04:21 AM
I'm thinkin' we'll need HUGE bags of M&Ms and some Taco Bell takeout - or would that be tooooo painful?? lol
<br>
<br>KerryN

littlebit
09-29-2000, 05:30 AM
And i toasted you and
<br>said honey, we may be through
<br>but you'll never hear me complain *big sob*
<br>
<br>cos i got friends in low places
<br>where the whiskey drowns
<br>and the beer chases my blues away :(
<br>
<br>and i'll be okey :(
<br>
<br>WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA :(:(:(
<br>
<br>(Kerry good idea, the biggest bag of m&m's we can find and the biggest order we can get from Taco Bell!!! yeah, that definetly helps :()N

Pilgrim
09-29-2000, 03:19 PM
CONSIDER YOURSELF LUCKY!!!:):):)
<br>
<br>Some of you have seen him within the last 3 years, so....
<br>
<br>There are MANY Europeans who haven't seen him in 5+ years because of all his stunts:(:(
<br>
<br>So consider yourself lucky, you who have seen him within the last 3 years:)
<br>
<br>BrianN

Cheryl
09-30-2000, 06:18 AM
Ummmm, gee Brian....lol, sounds like maybe you're at the wrong party! But hey, feel free to stay and whine...
<br>
<br>Hey guys....pass me some Taco Bell & M&Ms please! And I see that we are running low on Puffs again...lol, maybe we should take up a collection to offset the cost of food and supplies! hehehe....I feel a theme song coming on.....
<br>
<br>We've got a $5 fine for whining
<br>We'll tell ya before you come in
<br>And if it aint on yer mind
<br>to sit here and whine
<br>Then come back and see us again
<br>
<br>(with apologies to Chris LeDoux!)
<br>
<br>
<br>N

cybersadie
10-02-2000, 05:36 AM
I'd like to join this party. In my effort to be a considerate party guest, I have brought a family pack of Kleenex. That weekend happens to be my Fall Break from school (I only get one day off but it's something) but in my struggle to pay rent, flying from Philly to Nashville seemed not a good idea.
<br>
<br>Haven't seen the man since 1998 and **roxanne, all choked up can't speak anymore** pass me one of those Kleenex and some Cheeeeeeeeese. WAAAAAAAAAAAH!N