PDA

View Full Version : Garthmas is just around the corner...

angelamccann
09-26-2000, 06:17 AM
This message is also being posted on the H&V forum, so apologies to anyone experiencing deja vu at this point!
<br>
<br>OK, so it's a little early to be putting up the Christmas trees and stocking up on the chestnuts and all the other wonderful things that we get in for the season... But since last year several people from the H&V Chris Gaines forum and PG contributed to a webpage of Christmas greetings to Garth/ Chris and family, and I kind of enjoyed putting it together :), I thought we could do it again this year.
<br>
<br>The page is now being developed, and on my return from the Opry next month I'll be working on it in earnest in the hope that this will give enough time to do justice to the messages that will (hopefully) be sent in for display. Messages received will not only be displayed on the webpage, but the whole page will be printed and sent as hard copy to Garth (he'll probably get to read it around July next year at his current catch-up rate!).
<br>
<br>This is not (yet) a call for messages, just to let y'all know this project is underway - though if you want to send a message early, it'll be very welcome (will help me get my formatting for the page right too!). Photos and text can be incorporated and I'll try my best to do the best that can be done with them.
<br>
<br>Any questions, please post them to this thread or email me at:
<br>
<br>angelamccann@yahoo.com
<br>
<br>This is also the email address for message submissions.
<br>
<br>If anyone would like to look at last year's page so you can see the kind of things that came in then, it's at (hope this link works):
<br>
<br>brooksgaines.tripod.com/brooksgaines.html
<br>
<br>And if that doesn't work, feel free to slap me in the face with a wet fish.
<br>
<br>Angela x<P>(This message has been edited by angelamccann)N

angelamccann
09-26-2000, 06:20 AM
...or alternatively, just cut and paste the link to your address bar - otherwise it's a dreadful waste of a lot of innocent fish...
<br>
<br>Angela xN

Chris Gaines
09-26-2000, 06:31 AM
http://brooksgaines.tripod.com/brooksgaines.html
<br>
<br>Angela.. have to put http in it.. or it won't link ;)
<br>
<br>JasonN

angelamccann
09-26-2000, 08:40 AM
Aw, phooey...
<br>
<br>Thanks, Jason! Whatever would we all do without you?
<br>
<br>Angela xN

Chris Gaines
09-26-2000, 08:47 AM
I dunno Angela,
<br>
<br>but I know one thing... When I see ya in October.. it's documented that I now have to slap ya with a wet fish ;)
<br>
<br>hehehe
<br>JasonN

angelamccann
09-26-2000, 09:11 AM
Will they let you into the Opry with a wet fish?
<br>
<br>I can just see it now - Garth's in his dressing room, and an usher pops his head round to tell him it's five minutes to showtime.
<br>
<br>Garth says, 'How's it looking out there?'
<br>
<br>And the answer comes, 'It's pretty full. Good crowd. Good reception so far. Oh, and there's a guy with a wet fish chasing a British girl across the front of the stage every now and then...'
<br>
<br>Angela xN

loreli
09-26-2000, 11:42 AM
LMAO you two.
<br>
<br>I want pictures of that. hehe
<br>
<br>loriN

countyfair_85
09-26-2000, 11:53 AM
ROFLMAO...
<br>
<br>I could just picture it now...especially if there are several people here that carry a wet fish to slap you with Angela...just remember...the link didn't work...:) so watch out! hide behind Garth if you can...it's the safest place for ya!
<br>
<br>~DianeN

angelamccann
09-26-2000, 12:11 PM
No fair - I posted a perfectly good alternative too - a little cutting and pasting never hurt anyone - and Jason fixed the link so it's working now...
<br>
<br>But I guess I should have known better than to post such a dangerous (for me) statement in a forum that's clearly loaded with people who love nothing more than a little light wet fish slapping. Mutter, mutter, mutter... Planet Wet Fish, anyone?
<br>
<br>Grumble.
<br>
<br>There's a teeny flaw to your logic, Diane - if Garth and I were entered in a 'Who's Got the Biggest Butt' competition, I promise you I'd win as mine's a good deal bigger than his - which means that even if he'd let me hide behind him, bits of me would still be visible! Sigh. Though if people going to the Opry remember that Garth doesn't like fish, maybe they'll have enough respect to hold off throwing the stuff whilst he's on stage.
<br>
<br>Otherwise it'll be a case of 'Every Time That It Rains Fish', 'Standing Outside The Fish', 'To Make You Feel My Fish' - and not forgetting, of course, the all-time classic 'Fish In Low Places'.
<br>
<br>And on that note, I suspect it's time for bed (it's getting late here). Night, night.
<br>
<br>Angela xN

Chris Gaines
09-26-2000, 01:20 PM
Angela!!!
<br>
<br>I can't believe you forgot the most important song of all!
<br>
<br>It goes a little like this...
<br>
<br>It's my life
<br>It's better left to wish
<br>I couldda missed the pain
<br>But I'd of had to miss..
<br>The FISH! ;)
<br>
<br>HA!
<br>JasonN

angelamccann
09-26-2000, 09:59 PM
'I've got fish in low places
<br>Gonna need some help to extricate it...'
<br>
<br>Angela xN

author
09-27-2000, 06:36 AM
Angela where you keep your fish is no concern of ours, but hands off Garth's fish OK?
<br>I don't care if it is covered in chocolate.
<br>Now be careful or I might start singing MY new song to you. Those ear plugs WON'T help!
<br><<singing>, 'Spend last night in the arms of a boy from Stoke Poges........'
<br>What do you mean it's been done????
<br>Jenny
<br>N

angelamccann
09-27-2000, 08:26 AM
Jenny, Jenny, Jenny - how many times?
<br>
<br>Country music and British place names don't go well together.
<br>
<br>Some examples -
<br>
<br>'I spent last night in the arms of a girl from Bognor Regis'
<br>'His neck is red as Wiveliscombe Clay' (you're probably going to tell me there's no clay in Wiveliscombe, well, there's no beaches in Cheyenne either and Garth gets away with it - and I don't care if there *is* a perfectly good explanation)
<br>'I seen the bright lights of Blackpool'
<br>'Friends in Stoke Poges'
<br>'From a phone booth in Wigan I made a promise to Diane'
<br>
<br>So let's you and me work on a song with more sensible lyrics, shall we? How about 'If you must run through my mind, take your spike heels off' as a starting point?
<br>
<br>Angela xN

Chris Gaines
09-27-2000, 09:16 AM
Angela,
<br>
<br>the song isn't about Beaches in Cheyanne.. :)
<br>
<br>the Beaches are in Califonia... the the woman died on :)
<br>
<br>
He was up in Wyoming
<br>And drew a bull no man could ride
<br>He promised her he'd turn out
<br>Well it turned out that he lied
<br>And their dreams that they'd been livin'
<br>In the California sand
<br>Died right there beside him in Cheyenne
<br>
<br>They she just went crazy
<br>Screamin' out his name
<br>She ran out into the ocean
<br>And to this day they claim
<br>That if you go down by the water
<br>You'll see her footprints in the sand
<br>'Cause every night she walks the beaches of Cheyenne
<br>
<br>haha ;)
<br>
<br>JasonN

angelamccann
09-27-2000, 11:10 AM
OK, so I read the GarthBox five minutes *after* posting...
<br>
<br>All I can say now is... phooey. :p
<br>
<br>Angela x
<br>N

author
09-27-2000, 10:01 PM
You have to admit Jason that English place names don't have quite the same 'ring' to them.
<br>It's no wonder country music doesn't make it big over here!.
<br>Even other genres have the same problem, for instance.
<br>'I left my heart in Stoke Newington', doesn't quite have the same umphh as San Fransisco does it?:)
<br>JennyN