PDA

View Full Version : Vote for Garth on VH-1

PJ
09-22-2000, 11:06 AM
VH-1 is hosting a awards show called the My VH-1 Awards where us everyday folks get to vote on who we think should win. If you go to the VH-1 web site (http://www.vh1.com) and click on My VH-1 Awards then you will get a listing of categories to vote. You will have to register with a username and email address.
<br>
<br>Garth is not listed as any of the given choices but there is a write in choice for each category. I wrote Garth in for Man of the Year, Best Live Act, Legend in Action, and Best Stage Spectacle. I also voted for Planet Garth as best fan site. In the category of Best Kept Secret, I voted for Chris Gaines.
<br>
<br>The last two categories ask what duet would you like to see (no matter how far out there) and what single song would you like to see performed. I voted for Garth with Aerosmith as the duet and When You Come Back To Me Again as song.
<br>
<br>You've done it before now let's do it again! Vote for Garth!N

loreli
09-22-2000, 01:26 PM
Woohoo PJ!!
<br>
<br>Great ideas!!! I'm a goin. :)
<br>
<br>LoriN

LVGB4EVER
09-22-2000, 01:39 PM
Thanks for the info...I'm heading there right now :)
<br>
<br>Take Care
<br>Sue ;)N

honky
09-22-2000, 05:31 PM
<br>OH MY GOODNESS!! THOSE NOMINEES ARE TERRIBLE!! :mad:
<br>
<br>I can't believe they have Faith Hill in "Best Live Act"!! It is ridiculous!! Ok, it's fine that she is nominated "Song of the Year" or whatever... but live show? I have heard many times that Faith is not as entertaining as her husband. And now her husband isn't even on the list, and she is? ***PUKE***
<br>
<br>
<br>:(Tommy:(N

hugeGBnutt
09-22-2000, 06:23 PM
Voted for Garth in all the cateories i thought suited him!;)....com'on people vote for GB!:)
<br>
<br>aRiN

splitzer
09-22-2000, 08:24 PM
I don't think I can, in good conscience, vote for Garth in the Man Of The Year catagory. By title, I thought it was great, but when I read the description of the category: "What male artist left the biggest mark on the culture this year?"... I just don't know that he left a mark on culture this year.
<br>
<br>I'm working my way through the catagories, voting for him when it is appropriate, though. :)
<br>
<br>Garth Always,
<br>DanielleN

splitzer
09-22-2000, 08:27 PM
I don't think I can, in good conscience, vote for Garth in the Man Of The Year catagory. By title, I thought it was great, but when I read the description of the category: "What male artist left the biggest mark on the culture this year?"... I just don't know that he left a mark on culture this year.
<br>
<br>I'm working my way through the catagories, voting for him when it is appropriate, though. :)
<br>
<br>ADDED NOTE: I am thrilled to see Garth's name listed in the "Givin' It Back" category! We all know he belongs there, but I am glad VH1 recognized it, too.
<br>
<br>Garth Always,
<br>Danielle<P>(This message has been edited by splitzer)N

nelty
09-22-2000, 09:17 PM
Danielle,
<br>
<br>I was going to post that. :) hehe
<br>
<br>NellyN

PJ
09-23-2000, 06:12 AM
Thanks for posting that Danielle! I hadn't had time to visit all the categories and missed that Garth was listed.N

loreli
09-23-2000, 06:41 AM
I had to add Garth in the Booty Shake..just cause... Um, yeah. :) A girl can dream right?
<br>
<br>Lori N

fuzzwuzz
09-23-2000, 11:30 AM
I voted for Chris Gaines and Garth as the duet! Hey, anything can happen!! N

RedHotRyder
09-23-2000, 07:36 PM
Hey, I put the Man in where I thought he deserved to be, and I took someone else FANTASTIC idea for a duet. Garth Brooks and Aerosmith. Oh geez that would rock.N

PJ
09-24-2000, 06:07 AM
Thanks for the compliment and welcome to PG!N