PDA

View Full Version : Australian Country

dossy the aussie
09-22-2000, 12:10 AM
How many of you guys listen to Aussie country? We have some damn fine artists here , people like Darren Coggan, Adam Brand and Lee Kernhaghan. We have also got some very succesful bands like The Dead Ringer band, I am interested in peoples opinions on Australian country if you have any:DN

Jude
09-22-2000, 10:11 AM
We don't get CMT or any Australian Country here in UK. CMT did annouce that they were coming back into Europe but noone will acknowledge that . Saw Casey Chambers at Fan Fair - very good.
<br>
<br>We want CMT back in Europe!!!!!
<br>
<br>Jude N

Debbie from NZ
09-22-2000, 01:00 PM
Well, I'm about to get on your bad side, Dossy. Please don't take this personally.
<br>
<br>I get Australian CMT and the only thing I don't like about it is that they put all that Aussie stuff in it. I particularly don't like Tania Kernaghan, Lee Kernaghan, Troy Cassar-Daly, Kasey Chambers and Gina Jeffries. And Slim Dusty - oh my God - lie down!
<br>
<br>Sorry I can't be positive about this. I used to like Oz rock but unfortunately I think your country music sucks. The only worse country music I know of is New Zealand country music, but that doesn't get played anywhere where I have to hear it, thank goodness.
<br>
<br>Is Keith Urban Australian? I quite like him.N

minnesotagbfan
09-22-2000, 01:47 PM
she isnt a country artist but i like kylie minogue and i like olivia newton johns country stuff like the song "let me be there" for example
<br>
<br>russN

dossy the aussie
09-22-2000, 08:56 PM
Keith Urban is aussie, but he lives in the states, oh well. And yeah old slim dusty does leave a lot to be desired! Aussie music on the whole isn't all bad though, take Savage Garden for example.:)
<br> DossyN

Debbie from NZ
09-23-2000, 10:33 PM
Rick Springfield has always been my favourite Australian followed by Little River Band.
<br>
<br>Also liked some ACDC, Angels, Men at Work, Mondo Rock.
<br>
<br>I'm showing my age!N

minnesotagbfan
09-24-2000, 12:34 PM
i didnt know that ac/dc was from australia ..thanks for teaching me something new:)
<br>
<br>russN

loreli
09-24-2000, 06:31 PM
OH HMM Rick Springfield. WOOHOO
<br>
<br>Do you remember the movie "Hard To Hold?"
<br>
<br>Oh, I love that movie *sigh*
<br>
<br>LoriN

Debbie from NZ
09-25-2000, 10:28 AM
I remember that movie. It was really bad but I still watched it over and over and cried a lot.
<br>
<br>I used to think Rick was the most incredible looking man on the planet, especially on his Living In Oz album cover.N

Pilgrim
09-25-2000, 11:40 AM
I don't know that much about OZ country, but I do like other artists from there like AC/DC, Savage Garden, Olivia Newton John.
<br>BTW her duet with John Farnham at the opening at the Olympics was really really cool:):):):)
<br>
<br>BrianN