PDA

View Full Version : "The Wolves"??

TroyalGBfan
05-18-2000, 02:42 PM
<BR>When Garth was in collage did he & some friends form a band called "The Wolves" & release a CD?<P>Lovin' Garth Always & All Ways...<BR>RAYLEEN N

Chris Gaines
05-18-2000, 02:53 PM
Nope,<P>Garth's first recording was in 1986 (a demo TAPE) that was later dubbed "The Hungry Years"<P>Garth graduated college in 1984.<P>Hope that helps :)<P>JasonN

no1cowgirl
05-18-2000, 04:39 PM
Oh Oh! *raises hand* I know this one! *L*<P><BR>No, like Jason said...BUT! The group 'The Wolves' is a band formed by some of the band members (Matt O'meilia....and I think one of the *starts with an S* S Brothers *L*) started a band called the Wolves after garth took off to Nashville. So, they have a CD out...and ih ave copy of it *Proud* *L*. There's some more info fer ya!<P><BR>KristaN

Paula
05-18-2000, 05:19 PM
Would that be the Skinner brothers?<P>PaulaN

changer
05-19-2000, 04:37 AM
Good job, Horshack... er, I mean Krista.<P>I'm impressed.<P>changerN

elvisfanforever
05-19-2000, 06:58 AM
Hi!<BR>All I know about this, and I don't have anything to base it on,..so it could be fact,and then again, it might not,..is that Garth was in a group called Santa Fe, either before or after he made the demo tape later called "The Hungry Years" around his collele years. The item that sparked this attention is a CD on E Bay, of which I am a bidder, advertised on E Bay, (even tho' some people don't particularly care for E Bay!) advertised as being by the "Santa Fe Wolves" which, they claim, features a song either wrote, or co-wrote, or performed by Garth eother before, during, or after, his college time-frame, before he went to Nashville, and broke through big time. They use this as a selling point for this CD. I don't know, or have any way of researching whether this is true or not. Out of curiosity, I'd like to win the bid on this CD, & see what it sounds like. Garth could probably verify or deny this information's accuracy or inaccuracy.<BR>Does anyone out there have any info about this? It would be interesting to know..<BR>Jason, you claim this is not true.<BR>What do base your statement on?<BR>(No, this not an attack on anyone,.....but would be a very interesting topic to learn more about!)<BR>Lester<BR> :)<BR>N

elvisfanforever
05-19-2000, 07:05 AM
typo errors!*<BR>that should be "college" & "either"<BR>I need to be more slow & carefull at this kevboard!<BR>Lester<BR> :)N

elvisfanforever
05-19-2000, 12:01 PM
Geez!!,...<BR>Five hours, and no response to this!<BR>This ought to be a really interesting topic.<BR>Please, could anyone with any knowledge (Jason?)about this...respond?<BR>That doesn't mean just Jason, I'm trying to leave him a hint to respond, 'cuz he seems to have knowledge about this, but this is actually open to everybody!<BR>Come on, Planet Garth'ers, please respond, & post!<BR>Thanks,<BR>Lester<BR> :)<BR>N

Chris Gaines
05-19-2000, 12:17 PM
Lester,<P>Garth was never in the Band called "The Wolves" that also originated from Oklahoma.<P>That's where I base the fact it's not right.<BR>Jason :)N

Chris Gaines
05-19-2000, 12:22 PM
ya know what Lester.. I was re-reading your post...<P>if my memory serves me correctly...<P>"The Sante Fe Wolves" is the band Garth left behind in Oklahoma. Which is why Garth's band was forever since called "Stillwater" :)<P>think that helps a little?<P>I think that correct :)<BR>JasonN