PDA

View Full Version : What songs do you think Garth will sing at the Opry?

majmom
09-21-2000, 08:14 AM
Since I can't be there - boofreakinhoo - I figured I'd start a discussion that even those who weren't going could participate in without crying *sniff* - lol -
<br>
<br>Sooooooo....
<br>
<br>What songs do you think he will sing?
<br>
<br>Will he sing the same ones at each show?
<br>
<br>I think:
<br>
<br>MTY - his first hit
<br>The Dance - his fav
<br>and maybe something we haven't heard yet?
<br>
<br>And, I think he will NOT sing the same songs at each show...
<br>
<br>What do you guys think?
<br>
<br>Kerry
<br>
<br>N

NewestGBFan
09-21-2000, 08:51 AM
My vote is for WYCBTMA. What kind of back-up instruments would he need for that? Another thread says his band won't be with him.
<br>
<br>Maybe they would ask him to do The Dance in memory of Opry members who have passed.
<br>
<br>Maybe he will do a duet with Trisha or Steve Wariner.
<br>
<br>Any of the above would be :cool: with me!!!
<br>
<br>With so many performers, they surely aren't gonna get in more than 2-3 songs each, don't ya think?
<br>
<br>ElaineN

PJ
09-21-2000, 09:14 AM
I think we won't hear the same songs during each show, but I bet The Dance is played more than once. I am hoping When You Come Back to Me as well and I agree that Much Too Young will be played as that's the song that brought him there.N

Chris Gaines
09-21-2000, 10:45 AM
I tihk I know "If Tomorrow Never Comes" will not get played.... :(
<br>
<br>But I think he'll do:
<br>1) The River
<br>2) WYCBTMA (which can be played with just Garth only hehhe well the Opry has a band too ya know :)
<br>3) The Dance
<br>
<br>I think I'd be happy :):)
<br>
<br>JasonN

loreli
09-21-2000, 10:58 AM
I think he'll play
<br>
<br>WYCBTMA
<br>
<br>Something very country and rowdy..like FILP or Aint Goin Down
<br>
<br>The Dance
<br>
<br>Maybe cover a song? hmmmm
<br>
<br>LoriN

Pilgrim
09-21-2000, 02:14 PM
I don't care what he sing as I am not there as well:(:(:(
<br>
<br>But this....
<br>
Maybe they would ask him to do The Dance in memory of Opry members who have passed.
<br>sounds like a very very very good idea:):):)
<br>Added with pictures or images of the members on a screen or something:):)
<br>
<br>I think they should do that:)
<br>
<br>BrianN

Paula
09-21-2000, 02:50 PM
Elaine and Brian,
<br>
<br>What a great idea! That would really make the 75th anniversary show very special. I especially like the idea of showing the pictures of the deceased members on a screen.
<br>
<br>I would also like to hear WYCBTMA, The River and Shameless, but I tend to doubt he'd do the latter on the Opry.
<br>
<br>Paula<P>(This message has been edited by Paula)N

darinbunjer
09-21-2000, 03:28 PM
If Garth shows up without the band, he probably will do The River or some of his other songs that maybe aren't so traditional. My guess is songs like The Dance, Friends, If Tomorrow Never Comes, and Unanswered PrayersN

Chris Gaines
09-21-2000, 03:39 PM
he hasn't sung ITNC since his mom's passing.. I don't think he'll start now.. but ya never know.
<br>
<br>:)
<br>JasonN

Jen19
09-21-2000, 04:04 PM
The only reason I think he may sing ITNC is becasue this is also a big anniversary for him he was inducted into the Opry 10 years ago at the 65 anniversry party and that is what I heard he sang there so maybe as a rememberace thing for himself.. but I'm also hoping for WYCBTMA and the Dance I'm sure.
<br>
<br>JENN

phillygirl4garth
09-22-2000, 04:27 PM
I will be there and will listen to anything he wants ta sing:eek:
<br>
<br>I have to get my singing voice ready for either The Dance or FILP.:rolleyes: lol
<br>
<br>DeniseN

phillygirl4garth
09-22-2000, 04:27 PM
I will be there and will listen to anything he wants ta sing:eek:
<br>
<br>I have to get my singing voice ready for either The Dance or FILP.:rolleyes: lol
<br>
<br>DeniseN

angelamccann
09-24-2000, 02:08 PM
Well, he's got five shows to prepare for, so there's plenty of opportunity to mix in old and new stuff - mind you, he could stand there and sing the 'Fig Newton' song and I'd be a very happy woman :)
<br>
<br>Angela xN

MDgarthgirl
09-24-2000, 05:26 PM
This is a real far chance, but it can be done without the swing band... "Katie Wants a Fast One" with Mr. Wariner. I had the pleasure of hearing him sing the new single back in summer in Clio, MI. It was awesome even without the real horns.
<br>
<br>I'm not sure how to bank on "WYCBTMA." I know Mr. Brooks has stated how personal a song it is and, even unreleased, the success it has had. If God's (and Garth) feeling good that weekend, we might hear it.
<br>(If he does do it, it'll provide the perfect opportunity for a particular poster I'll have.:))
<br>
<br>If anything, I'd bet "The Dance" will pop its head into a show. Just based on its meaning for Garth and where he feels his life is right now.
<br>
<br>Nash
<br>
<br>N

darinbunjer
09-25-2000, 12:16 PM
For Chris Gaines, I know that Garth has sang ITNC. Last December, when he last played at the Opry, Opry member Jean Shepherd asked him if he would play her favorite song, which is ITNC. For me personally as a musician and a fan, this may be my favorite Garth tune because there is something said in this song.N

marla with a b
09-25-2000, 01:23 PM
I think he'll do THE DANCE more than once too! And I hope he does WYCBTMA! I would love to see that live!
<br>
<br>And remember, Trisha and Steve will be there too. Duets with them would be great!! KATIE WANTS A FAST ONE would be so much fun to see live!!!
<br>
<br>I just can't wait for October to get here.....IS it October yet? :PN

RedHotRyder
09-26-2000, 04:54 PM
Katie Wants A Fast One would be fine with me! I wonder what kind of twists Garth would put in a live version of that. I'd probably most appreciate him performing The Dance though, that has to be the best choice.N

Chris Gaines
09-26-2000, 05:17 PM
darinbunjer what's ITNC have to do with Chris Gaines?
<br>
<br>You got me so lost :P
<br>
<br>That's a Garth song not a Gaines song LOL :)
<br>
<br>Jason
<br>
<br>Nevermind.. your talking to me.. LOL.. By The Way.. My name is Jason .. not Chris ;)<P>(This message has been edited by Chris Gaines)N

Vanessa
09-27-2000, 11:32 AM
What song is ITNC? LOL!! I can't figure out what it means. :)
<br>
<br>Vanessa :)N

hugeGBnutt
09-27-2000, 11:33 AM
ITNC= If Tomorrow Never Comes ....;)
<br>
<br>aRiN

Vanessa
09-27-2000, 11:54 AM
LOL!!! Thanks!! :) :)
<br>
<br>Vanessa :)N