PDA

View Full Version : Jimmy Mattingly at Tim & Faith Concert Tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!

BlueRose
09-20-2000, 08:17 PM
You will not believe what happened at the Tim and Faith concert tonight! My friend and I were sitting in our seats, which were great by the way, watching Faith perform...we were in section 4 on the floor row 1. Section 4 is behind section 1 with an aisle separating the two and section 1 has maybe 10-12 rows. These 3 guys walked in front of us and I look at the lower torso of this one guy who had a black shirt on and before my eyes look all the way up to see his face, I think to myself...where have I seen those jeans (hehehe) before. Once I look at his face, I turn to my friend and say OH MY GOD, that guy looks like Jimmy Mattingly!!! So, they sit 5 seats away from me and I keep looking at him, all the while I'm telling my friend that's Jimmy, I just know it is. He was sitting right next to this lady and her young daughter and not wanting to make a fool of myself if it's just someone who looks remarkably like Jimmy, I ask the girl to ask him if his name is Jimmy. She taps him on the arm and says this lady over here wants to know if your name is Jimmy. He says...why yes it is!!! Then he proceeds to smile and wave at me and I of course waved back...OH MY GOD!!
<br>
<br>Now, I completely forget Faith is on stage performing as I can't keep my eyes off of him and am totally blown away that he is right there!! From the conversation he was having with the guys he was with...it appeared that they were talking about the set, the musicians and of course Faith. Well they stayed there for a while before they left and knowing where some of my friends seats were I ran over to them and told them who was there and that he was sitting right next to us. Intermission between Faith's performance and Tim coming out on stage can't arrive quick enough. As soon as it does, I race over to other friends (hi Jim and Cathy!) and tell them what took place. So I'm standing there talking to them during intermission and Jim says, there he is (several times)! I thought he was kidding but nope, there was Jimmy again. So we go over to him and tell him we met him in NY with Garth when he was last on the Conan O'Brien show and says, oh yeah...I remember or something to that effect. Jim asks if we can have a photo with him and he graciously obliges. (thanks Jim and Jimmy!!) We also asked if he was going to be at the Opry with Garth and he said he believed Garth would be there alone (without the band). He also told us he was there to see his friends Tim and Faith. Now that was enough to make for quite a surprising evening but later on who also walked passed my friend and I but Rascal Flatts and we got handshakes!
<br>
<br>Hi Jen, it was great seeing you in the brewery!
<br>
<br>The only downside was that security would not allow long zoom lenses nor would they, after 1 security lady told me to put my small 35mm-80mm lens on, allow the small lens. This appears to be leaning toward more of the rule of more artists at concerts. :(
<br>
<br>Whew....what night!!!! I posted this in the "Other Artists" forum also and I forgot to add that after Jimmy had left, I thanked the little girl and asked her if she knew who he was. She said no and I told her that he is Garth's fiddle player...her Mother's mouth dropped wide open! :) The Mother said to me that her daughter asked if he was someone famous and she told her that he was probably a friend of the lady's (me). She said, she had no idea who she was sitting next to!! She was beside herself then. :):):)
<br>
<br>Cheryl
<br>N

nelty
09-20-2000, 08:41 PM
OMG....
<br>
<br>damn.. LOL... Like Lori and Spud I would have needed CPR... :)
<br>
<br>NellyN

Chris Gaines
09-20-2000, 09:48 PM
The only downside was that security would not allow long zoom lenses nor would they, after 1 security lady told me to put my small 35mm-80mm lens on, allow the small lens. This appears to be leaning toward more of the rule of more artists at concerts.
<br>
<br>Camara's at concerts are 9 times outta 10 the VENUEs that set the rules... remember Garth wouldn't play at a venue that didn't allow camaras for the fans.
<br>
<br>So if there is a Camara rule.. it's the Venue that set the rule.. not the artist.
<br>
<br>:)
<br>
<br>Awesome moment though Cheryl! :)
<br>
<br>JasonN

Garth Da Man
09-20-2000, 11:13 PM
Where was this concert?N

Chris Gaines
09-20-2000, 11:53 PM
New Jersey.. i believe LOL :)
<br>
<br>Cheryl.. correct me if I'm wrong?
<br>
<br>JasonN

PJ
09-21-2000, 03:51 AM
Actually, it's usually the artists that determine whether cameras are allowed in or not. I have been to many concerts where the venue had the typical No Camera or Recorders allowed, but the artists allowed them so we brought them in. Tried it at the next concert at the same venue and no cameras allowed.
<br>
<br>The no long lenses rule comes (I have been told) from the artists not wanting professional quality pictures taken which could be published without their consent.N

cybersadie
09-21-2000, 04:50 AM
That sounds just about right, PJ. The concert was at the First Union Center in Phildadelphia. I saw both Garth and Vinny there before. And the rules seemed pretty lenient about cameras. Something like no tripods and no telescopic lenses. I forgot my camera last night, anyway.
<br>
<br>BlueRose -- I'm so sorry I missed you in the Brewery last night. When I showed up it was ridiculously crowded and since I was alone, I didn't want to walk around looking lost and confused. I'm so jealous that you met Jimmy!!!N

BlueRose
09-21-2000, 06:51 AM
cybersadie,
<br>
<br>I'm sorry I missed you too. We had hoped to have been there by 6:30P but my friends showed up late and then we were caught in a traffic jam...anyway, we got there around 6:55P and as luck would have it, Jen found us.
<br>
<br>You're right PJ, from what I've found this year alone after having attended 4 concerts at the same venue, 2 artists would not allow long zoom lenses to be used and the other 2 didn't care. The venue told us they didn't care what was used to photograph the artists but it was not their decision. Granted there are some venues that have a standard policy. When I saw Garth at the FU in '98, they made announcements and had signs all over the place prohibiting cameras as well as recording devices. Once inside people did have cameras and after I argued with 3 security people that the day Garth refuses to be photographed at all will be the day the sun no longer shines. The last one finally said, "oh Garth says it's okay to take photographs, you can use you're camera"...DUH!
<br>
<br>Anyway, my problem is (and I've discussed this with others who are into photography recreationally)they have no way of knowing whose going to sell professional quality photos and whose not(naturally) but if you're 30' away from the subject you are photographing using a 35mm-80mm, you're not going to have as much of a close-up shot as someone using say an SLR with a zoom that extends to 110mm. Now move that person with the SLR to within 5' or 10' of the subject and imagine how that photo could turn out. Yet, there's been no objection to using these cameras that I've seen.
<br>
<br>Back to the main point, Jimmy looked so cute and those jeans looked as good as ever! ;) I can't believe I didn't think to ask him what he was up to and what he was doing in Philly, other than to see Tim and Faith. I mean the Soul2Soul tour is all over the place, so why Philly. It's amazing that I still have those moments when I don't think to say or ask something. People who really know me, know I'm not bashful at all(right Jim?). I just get stupid sometimes! LOL
<br>
<br>I'm going to have to agree with some others that have seen the concert on their tour...it was great!! Faith looked fabulous and Tim was awesome! The production that went into that concert, complete with a choir from Philly, only made me long for a Garth concert even more. :( :( :( N

Jen19
09-21-2000, 07:06 AM
You lucky Sh** .. LOL just messing. that is awesome that he was there, In Philly I wonder why he was here. That is just way cool. I had my nosebleed seats but the show was good anyway. It was good seeing you... No band at the Opry that stinks but as long as the man is there I really won't complain.
<br>
<br>JENN

NJ4GARTH
09-21-2000, 07:12 AM
Hey Cheryl,
<br>
<br>Very COOL. You got to see Jimmy. Dang I was sitting just to your left in the Super Box if only I knew.
<br>Ii was planning on making it to the brewery but we barely made it to our seats when show started.:(
<br>
<br>TomN

majmom
09-21-2000, 07:39 AM
Hey guys -
<br>
<br>I think I know why you saw Jimmy at the concert - he was in town with Rascall Flatts because he is currently touring with them!
<br>
<br>When they had our local country music fair up here this summer, I couldn't go because of my kids schedules, but I heard on my local radio station next day that Jimmy was playing with Rascall Flatts! I could have kicked myself for not going! And I heard on newcountry Y107 in NY/NJ yesterday that Rascall Flatts is scheduled to play the Colorado Cafe in NJ tonight, soooo...I guess that's why Jimmy was there?! I thought that his appearance at out fair with RF was a one time thing - but I guess he's touring with them, at least for now.
<br>
<br>Rascall Flatts is touring right now - they are coming to CT in Nov - of course I'll be out of town and will miss them, but if you can get to a show, you might get a chance to see Jimmy!!!
<br>
<br>Hope this clears up some of the questions!
<br>
<br>KerryN

BigGfan4life
09-21-2000, 08:20 AM
Ohmygosh!!! I was there, and I definitely did not see Jimmy!!!!! I was all the way at the end of the floor section in 107, so I couldn't see you guys in front that well! I was in the Brewery around 7pm, but I didn't know who to look for, so sorry I didn't get to see you guys :(
<br>
<br>Tim and Faith put on a WONDERFUL show, don't they?? It was the best I've ever seen besides Garth!!!! But, WOW...Jimmy Jimmy Jimmy was there, and I missed it??!!!!
<br>I could sooo kick myself right about now!!!!! :(N

BlueRose
09-21-2000, 12:57 PM
Thanks Kerry, that sure clears up why Jimmy was there! If I hadn't been having one of those stupid moments, I'd have known why he was in the area. :) From what I was told by Leigh Richards at XTU, there were apparently a number of artists there last night including one of the guys from Little Texas who she saw.
<br>
<br>For future reference and for those who don't know what I look like, you can always check out the photos from my Garthmoments on my Garth site. I'll only try this once and if it doesn't work, just copy and paste the URL. :)
<br>
<br>"http://www.angelfire.com/ny2/cherylw/index.html"
<br>
<br>Cheryl
<br>N

Pilgrim
09-21-2000, 02:17 PM
Very cool Cheryl:):)
<br>
<br>Thanks for sharing....again!!:):)
<br>
<br>BrianN

PJ
09-22-2000, 07:37 AM
Rascal Flats is playing here this weekend. Does anyone know if Jimmy is doing the whole tour with them? I tried to find some info on the band online with no luck. Any help?N

fuzzwuzz
09-23-2000, 10:52 AM
Thanks for sharing Cheryl! Is Jimmy that cool guy that plays a smokin' violin in all Garth's videos?N

BlueRose
09-23-2000, 12:41 PM
He sure is Dale! :) If anyone wants to see a sampling of some of the photos my friend took, I posted what I'd hoped would have been a link to my Tim zing album in the "Other Artists" forum. You'll need to copy and paste the URL since the link didn't work and the photos that have been posted so far are the last 5 in the album. The first 29 were taken by me in Allentown last year and I'm waiting to see the photo of Jim, Cathy and I with Jimmy when he gets his film developed.
<br>
<br>Cheryl
<br>N

james
09-24-2000, 06:59 PM
Hey Cheryl!
<br>
<br>I dropped the film off on Saturday morning, so we should have them back on Tuesday / Wednesday. I'll let you know ASAP! I might have to confiscate one photo though... the one that you took with my camera of Jimmy standing facing away from us! :)
<br>
<br>JimN

james
09-24-2000, 07:00 PM
Hey Cheryl!
<br>
<br>I dropped the film off on Saturday morning, so we should have them back on Tuesday / Wednesday. I'll let you know ASAP! I might have to confiscate one photo though... the one that you took with my camera of Jimmy standing facing away from us! :)
<br>
<br>JimN

james
09-24-2000, 07:02 PM
Hey Cheryl!
<br>
<br>
<br>Jim<P>(This message has been edited by james)N

james
09-24-2000, 07:07 PM
Arrrrrrrrrrrgh!
<br>
<br>Sorry about the multiple posts! Darn computer!
<br>
<br>JimN