PDA

View Full Version : Unbelievable surprise at Tim & Faith concert!!!!!!!!!!

BlueRose
09-20-2000, 08:06 PM
You will not believe what happened at the Tim and Faith concert tonight! My friend and I were sitting in our seats, which were great by the way, watching Faith perform...we were in section 4 on the floor row 1. Section 4 is behind section 1 with an aisle separating the two and section 1 has maybe 10-12 rows. These 3 guys walked in front of us and I look at the lower torso of this one guy who had a black shirt on and before my eyes look all the way up to see his face, I think to myself...where have I seen those jeans (hehehe) before. Once I look at his face, I turn to my friend and say OH MY GOD, that guy looks like Jimmy Mattingly!!! So, they sit 5 seats away from me and I keep looking at him, all the while I'm telling my friend that's Jimmy, I just know it is. He was sitting right next to this lady and her young daughter and not wanting to make a fool of myself if it's just someone who looks remarkably like Jimmy, I ask the girl to ask him if his name is Jimmy. She taps him on the arm and says this lady over here wants to know if your name is Jimmy. He says...why yes it is!!! Then he proceeds to smile and wave at me and I of course waved back...OH MY GOD!!
<br>
<br>Now, I completely forget Faith is on stage performing as I can't keep my eyes off of him and am totally blown away that he is right there!! From the conversation he was having with the guys he was with...it appeared that they were talking about the set, the musicians and of course Faith. Well they stayed there for a while before they left and knowing where some of my friends seats were I ran over to them and told them who was there and that he was sitting right next to us. Intermission between Faith's performance and Tim coming out on stage can't arrive quick enough. As soon as it does, I race over to other friends (hi Jim and Cathy!) and tell them what took place. So I'm standing there talking to them during intermission and Jim says, there he is (several times)! I thought he was kidding but nope, there was Jimmy again. So we go over to him and tell him we met him in NY with Garth when he was last on the Conan O'Brien show and says, oh yeah...I remember or something to that effect. Jim asks if we can have a photo with him and he graciously obliges. (thanks Jim and Jimmy!!) We also asked if he was going to be at the Opry with Garth and he said he believed Garth would be there alone (without the band). He also told us he was there to see his friends Tim and Faith. Now that was enough to make for quite a surprising evening but later on who also walked passed my friend and I but Rascal Flatts and we got handshakes!
<br>
<br>Hi Jen, it was great seeing you in the brewery!
<br>
<br>The only downside was that security would not allow long zoom lenses nor would they, after 1 security lady told me to put my small 35mm-80mm lens on, allow the small lens. This appears to be leaning toward more of the rule of more artists at concerts. :(
<br>
<br>Whew....what night!!!!
<br>
<br>Cheryl
<br>
<br>
<br>N

phillygirl4garth
09-20-2000, 10:40 PM
Wow Cheryl,
<br>
<br>That was awesome. I'm glad you had a good time:)
<br>
<br>DeniseN

Chris Gaines
09-20-2000, 11:55 PM
Cheryl;
<br>
<br>I know everyone wants to see pictures too!! hehe :)
<br>
<br>please tell me you'll be putting them up when ya get em? :)
<br>
<br>JasonN

loreli
09-21-2000, 05:59 AM
WOW Cheryl!!!
<br>
<br>What a night. I want to see the pics too.. Please put them up!
<br>
<br>Garth isn't gonna have the band huh? hmm what's with that?
<br>
<br>Lori :)N

loreli
09-21-2000, 06:01 AM
OOPs..double post :)
<br>
<br>Lori :)<P>(This message has been edited by loreli)N

BlueRose
09-21-2000, 07:10 AM
You bet I'll be posting the photos! :) I did manage to get a roll's worth before this 'hawk' security guy who kept circling me like I was his prey, told me I couldn't even use my 35mm - 80mm lens. My friend got some awesome photos I'm sure, as she just happened to have a sling on her arm that held her long lens quite nicely and managed to get lost in the crowd(when everyone was standing)a few times.
<br>
<br>What a fabulous show...what an awesome night!!! Jimmy looked soooo cute and Tim, Tim...my, my, my *sigh* ;)
<br>
<br>Cheryl
<br>N

minnesotagbfan
09-21-2000, 08:07 AM
lori,
<br>
<br>garth hasnt been using any band members at any appearances for a while now
<br>
<br>russN

loreli
09-21-2000, 08:12 AM
Russ,
<br>
<br>He hasn't? I think they would love to play at the Opry. :(
<br>
<br>Lori<P>(This message has been edited by loreli)N

BigGfan4life
09-21-2000, 08:29 AM
It was an UNBELIEVABLE show, wasn't it??? :) I'm still on Cloud 9 :) Tim was just soooo awesome...he really, really got the crowd into it!!!!!!! And, Faith sounded great and really deserved that long standing ovation that she got :)
<br>
<br>I'm still mad that I didn't realize that Jimmy was there :( :( I couldn't see down in front that well!!!
<br>So, if you have pix, I would gladly pay you for doubles!!!! I took a whole role, but I think I was too far back for them to come out :( I just want good pix from the concert that I went to :)
<br>
<br>Sorry I didn't get to meet up with you :( I went to the Brewery at 7, but it was sooo crowded with the people trying to get the WXTU table!!! So, we went to get something to eat and get merchandise. I got one of the Soul 2 Soul shirts that says "I Was There!" :) I'm wearing it proudly right now...that was an AWESOME show!!!!N

littlebit
09-21-2000, 11:26 AM
Now THAT'S Awesome! :):):) You lucky girl, you!! i'm jealous now! :P It's too bad Stillwater won't be there, kinda hoped to see them all again, ya know? (at least when they televise it here in So.CA.) With all this craziness about who's country and who ain't it's nice to see that Tim, Faith, and Jimmy are friends! :):cool:
<br>
<br>take care,
<br>
<br>deAnnalynnN

BlueRose
09-21-2000, 01:23 PM
The last time that Stillwater was with Garth was for his last appearance on Conan 12/2/99(minus David Gant), that I know of but it sure would be nice if they were all together again at the Opry. But, for now it doesn't look like that's going to happen...I'm sure they've each got their own agenda's now.....but with Garth you never know.
<br>
<br>No problem Shannon, I dropped my roll off today...at Eckerd's Drugs you always get doubles and I'm sure my friend also took hers in to be developed. We always get them put on disk also. So, in a few days we'll see what we got. She's going to share hers with me and I'll have copies made of hers. I know I've got a couple decent ones of Tim when I disappeared into the crowd but they probably won't compare to what I got in Allentown last year. Has he been pumping some serious iron or what??? :D Faith is so beautiful, I really hate her! (j/k) They do make a beautiful couple.
<br>
<br>To think I almost didn't go last night, I'd be kicking myself really hard...it was an awesome concert and I wouldn't have seen Jimmy again!!! My friend Sandy IS kicking herself for not going...she swears I'm the luckiest person she knows and she's threatening to handcuff herself to me. LOL
<br>
<br>Oh Jen, Jim said seats for the Opry are selected by when you ordered the tickets...we have aisle seats for each show which should make getting down to the stage alot easier. THANK YOU JIM!!! :)
<br>
<br>Off to the Mets & Phillies game on Sunday!
<br>
<br>Cheryl
<br>
<br>N

Pilgrim
09-21-2000, 01:42 PM
Thanks a million for sharing:):):):)
<br>
<br>Very cool stories:):):):)
<br>
<br>Excellent:)
<br>
<br>BrianN

BigGfan4life
09-22-2000, 05:17 PM
Thank you, Cheryl :)
<br>
<br>I am dropping my film off tomorrow, but of course, they won't be as good as yours!!
<br>
<br>If you wanna see some great pix of the show, go to www.wxtu.com !!N

BlueRose
09-23-2000, 12:01 PM
For those of you who wanted to see the photos from this concert, my friend has emailed me some of what she's gotten back so far. Mine probably won't be back until
<br>tomorrow.
<br>
<br>At any rate, I have put them in my Tim zing album and they are the last 5 in the album, the first 29 were taken by me last year in Allentown.
<br>
<br>Shannon,
<br>
<br>The ones posted there from the Philly concert are just a morsel of what you'll be getting. You'll need to email me your address.
<br>
<br><"http://www.zing.com/album/?id=4293952867">
<br>
<br>Cheryl
<br><P>(This message has been edited by BlueRose)N

BlueRose
09-23-2000, 12:05 PM
Sometimes the link works and sometimes it doesn't! :)
<br>Just copy and paste the URL.
<br>
<br>N