PDA

View Full Version : looking back to all these years...

honky
05-18-2000, 12:15 AM
Looking back to Garth's earlier career, I have noticed some changes. Of course music grows just like people would grow.<P>After all the ups and downs, I begin to think if Garth could sing songs like "Fever" and "AHBA". As for now, I can only relate to emotional songs like "It's your song" and "When you come back to me again", but songs like "Fever" and "It Ain't Going down" aren't what I would expect him to do in the future.<P><BR>Does anyone has this kind of feeling? <P><BR>I mean, he is really TAKING his time off, and I hope his break won't stop him from coming back to do more music. You know, he might not realize how many fans are actually out there waiting for him. Judging from the Chris Gaines and even how singles did previously, I doubt Garth would come back in near future even for next year. <P>Looking at the trend of country music now, every artist seems to sing "love" rather than "about love". I begin to feel tired of some of the surface songs :( though there are some good ones like "He didn't have to be", "What do you say".... etc. but still.......<P><BR>Anyway, do you feel what I feel right now? or do I not make myself clear...LOL<P><BR>TommyN

major tom
05-18-2000, 12:41 AM
I hope his next CD is another Chris Gaines one :) some of his best songs came from that project.<P>If he releases another country CD I hope he stays with his 'old' style this man doesn't need to change a thing :) he always gets it right.<P>KirstyN

Pilgrim
05-18-2000, 03:11 AM
Well, I also hope he doesn't change :)<P>he need to release some stuff in the NF/RTW genre ;)<P>BrianN

everynowandthen
05-18-2000, 04:29 PM
Tommy,<P>I think that Garth will always have the "Fever" and "AHBA" type songs in him. But as he grows older, (as I have :)), things that matter most in life are what he will sing (or write) about. Namely, love, family, devotion. Not the sickning sweet love songs there are now, but more meaningful, in-depth, "layered" songs like, "When You Come Back to Me Again."<P>The honky-tonk stuff will stay, because he IS Country and will never change because of the industry. Rather, as he grows, so will his music.<P>Does that make any sense?<P>And I think he has to be aware of the reaction to "When You Come Back to Me Again." At least I hope so. I hope that he knows his fans are still here. <P>And I know how refreshed I feel after a weeks vacation. Can you imagine how energized you would be after a year or two?!<P>Bottom line, same stuff, just better. (Whether he's just writing or actually recording). Just my opinion. :)<P>AngelaN

Gator_Girl_4_Garth
05-18-2000, 05:11 PM
This is a good question... <P>Tommy, <P>I think that Garth will eventually find himself again. By this I mean...when his heart starts to heal enough to move past his grief, we will see the "Old Garth" we know and love. <P>Now, with any artist...age always comes into play. But look at artists like Rod Stewart, Mick Jagger etc... They are in their 50's and still kicking butt with their concert performances. <P>I think that Garth will concentate on his writing for a while, but I truly believe that we will have him back in the limelight in time... <P>In my opinion, it's in his blood, he loves what he does. He just needs some time to spend with his family and grieve. <P>MoniN

fuzzwuzz55
05-18-2000, 09:16 PM
As a new fan I'm still getting into Garth, and for me, the old stuff will always be new because it's a miracle I found Garth through Chris. Or rather, he found me! Their stuff is timeless, or time-transcending I should say.N