PDA

View Full Version : What is your favourite Garth Brooks song and why?

SueMc
09-20-2000, 03:23 AM
Garth has sung any number of wonderful songs, some written by himself, or co-written, and others by different song-writers. What is your favourite song and why?
<br>
<br>I'll start the ball rolling - my top favourite is "If Tomorrow Never Comes" and gets the tears falling every time - tomorrow never came for my sister, my dad, my mum, my aunts, Frank's mum and dad, and every time I hear it I think of all my loved ones who have passed on. I think the song is especially poignant when a young person loses their life. How do their loved ones cope?
<br>
<br>Sue GB :)N

garthsgirl
09-20-2000, 04:08 AM
Hi Sue, good question. It's probably a toss up between If Tomorrow Never Comes and When You Come Back To Me Again, because they both remind me of my grandmother, who I am thinking of alot lately, because her brother just passed away a few days ago. But then again, there is always all the others that are my favorites, too, LOL.
<br>
<br> LisaN

luvsgarth62
09-20-2000, 04:20 AM
Sue,
<br>
<br>My, well, one of my many favorites is "Much Too Young." I [B]ABSOLUTLY[B/] love that song:) One of the reasons I like it so much is because of the wailing fiddle at the first of it.
<br>
<br>Another reason is because it's one of his early songs, and it's just that "This ol highway's gettin' longer, seems there ain't no end in sight..." To me, it just flows smoothly and his voice has that early sound to it, ya know what I mean?
<br>
<br>-AliciaN

luvsgarth62
09-20-2000, 04:22 AM
Whoops, looks like I kinda got out of hand with the bold. I never can remember how it works.
<br>
<br>-AliciaN

SueMc
09-20-2000, 07:39 AM
That's OK Alicia, trouble is I'm much too old to feel this damn young!! LOL I like that song too the correct way round.
<br>Another of my favourites is "Friends in Low Places" that one sets the clubs and festivals alight over here when the bands sing it, and everyone joins in with both song and movement - it lifts the roof off every time. Wish Garth could see it sometimes :)
<br>We keep his songs alive over here, even if he doesn't want to come and see us :eek:
<br>Sue GB (Great Britain) :cool:N

SweetGBFan
09-20-2000, 10:45 AM
I guess it would have to be Shameless. I just like the way he sings it. Lots of emotion. I also like The Dance.
<br>That song is just very straight to the heart.N

SueMc
09-20-2000, 11:50 AM
Mmmm - I love "The Dance" too, that does things to my backbone. I haven't heard "When You Come Back To Me Again" properly yet, I caught some of it whilst we were in Florida, but the boys wanted to get moving and get some shopping done, so I had to switch off right in the middle of it. Hope it will be released properly soon. I can't listen to it unofficially as my sound off mp3 does not seem to be working right. It comes and goes like an old fashioned radio on a bad night LOL
<br>Garth hugs
<br>Sue GB :)N

fuzzwuzz
09-20-2000, 12:56 PM
'Unsigned Letter'. It's those 3 little words, "Come to me", inspired by all that intrinsic intrigue which just strokes my curiosity to a Fever! Need I say more?!<P>(This message has been edited by fuzzwuzz)N

Pilgrim
09-20-2000, 02:26 PM
Callin' Baton Rouge:)
<br>
<br>Because it's good:)
<br>
<br>BrianN