PDA

View Full Version : Hmmm... this makes me wonder!

honky
09-18-2000, 03:17 PM
<br>Hey.. read this! I got it off countrystars.com :)
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>Garth Brooks will not release a new album this year says Capitol-Nashville President, Mike Dungan. If Brooks makes a new album Dungan told us, "It won't be this year, I can tell you that. He's not working on anything and has no immediate plans to work on anything." Disappointing news for Brooks fans "jonesing" for a new CD from him, but Dungan offered this hopeful comment. "I can't guarantee what Garth will do or when," he disclaimed. "But, every time we talk about the possibility of another record, he gets this glint in his eye as so many creative people do and I just have a feeling, just based on the way he looks at me when I bring it up, he won't be out of the game too long. I think he'll probably come roaring in with the best record he's ever had." What kind of record will it be? Dungan added, "I know from my recent conversations with him, if he does anything he wants it to be a real good country reco! rd."
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>Hmmmmmmm..... the best country album? Well, personally, I hope it's not the similar material as Ty's :eek: I can't believe I say this :eek: But really, I hope the new material is innovative :) Maybe a combination of COUNTRY & RAP?:P It's another direction for Garth right now.... haahaha.... still dreaming!!
<br>
<br>
<br>:rolleyes:Tommy:rolleyes:
<br>
<br>PS: by the way, I am not terribly sad about not having a new country CD this year. In fact, I don't want to see him rush an album if he doesn't feel like to do so.
<br>
<br>N

GarthLVR88
09-18-2000, 03:32 PM
Tommy,
<br>Thanks for the info buddy! And yah, I know what you mean about rushing...George Strait is a perfect example of it. That's why I'm not a huge fan of him! He just releases stuff, I don't like much of his new stuff except "Go On". As for innovative? I don't know..I think he needs to hit home with some good ole country tunes before hittin' the innovative stage again! But I do see what you're saying! :)
<br>
<br>RachN

Pilgrim
09-18-2000, 03:34 PM
Thanks for sharing Tommy:):)
<br>
<br>But country and rap??? Then I want to be the first to shoot him;);)
<br>
<br>I want him to go back where he was best:):) Around "Garth Brooks", "Ropin' The Wind" and "No Fences":):)
<br>
<br>BrianN

Paula
09-18-2000, 04:57 PM
I saw that. Does anyone know what "jonesing" means? I've never heard that term before.
<br>
<br>PaulaN

garthsgirl
09-18-2000, 05:39 PM
I'm glad just to know there may still be something in a year or so. Paula, jonsing is when you need a fix bad. Kind of like I feel right now, but I can wait til spring. LisaN

SweetGBFan
09-18-2000, 05:47 PM
Well, I guess this could be good news. Still sounds like Garth is pretty much up in the air about his career. I agree, that I hope he takes his time and puts out a great country album. Just I hope he doesnt wait too long. Everyone is so anxious to get something new from Garth, me included. I just wonder if with the end of the year fast approaching that he has even come close to making a decision about what he wants to do. Lets hope for some good news. As much as I would love to see him tour again I would rather have a new CD from him. So maybe if he makes a new CD next year, where he says he has never done a CD without a tour to promote it, that he will go on tour again and we will have the best of both!!N

GRTH FAN
09-18-2000, 06:11 PM
It don't matter WHEN or HOW the new record comes out!! I know it will be his BEST Counrty Cd ever!!!They always get better to me!!
<br>Donna :)N

loreli
09-18-2000, 06:39 PM
Having a "glint" in his eye is good..very, very good. :)
<br>
<br>I know he won't rush anything, but I can't wait!!
<br>
<br>Lori :)N

marla with a b
09-18-2000, 07:08 PM
I'm glad to hear that there was a "glint" too :)
<br>Sounds real encouraging!!!
<br>
<br>We can wait --- and I agree -- each CD just gets better! (I'm not telling the truth -- I CAN'T WAIT FOR A NEW CD) I need a new one BAD!!! :)
<br>
<br>m-w/abN

hugeGBnutt
09-18-2000, 08:21 PM
sounds like good news! maybe..hopefully!....yeah, that would be cool if he took sometime(not too long;) lol) and made a amazing album(although all of Garth's albums are awesome)but this time come up with something....forget about it, i just hope he releases something in the (not too far) future!:)
<br>
<br>(hehe, i'm back after what it feels like not having posted forever!:P)
<br>
<br>aRi<P>(This message has been edited by hugeGBnutt)N

hugeGBnutt
09-18-2000, 08:24 PM
<P>(This message has been edited by hugeGBnutt)N

Wildhorse
09-18-2000, 10:42 PM
<br>:rolleyes:.. humm this seems to be a good news and a bad news... On the good side, I'm glad Garth is taking some time off and on the bad side... NO NEW MUSIC FROM HIM... :( (duh?? lol)
<br>
<br>Well, I hope Garth will come up with some great musics soon after his breaks. :)
<br>
<br>Merell
<br>N

Wildhorse
09-18-2000, 10:44 PM
:rolleyes:.. humm this seems to be a good news and a bad news... On the good side, I'm glad Garth is taking some time off and on the bad side... NO NEW MUSIC FROM HIM... :( (duh?? lol)
<br>
<br>Well, I hope Garth will come up with some great musics soon after his breaks. :)
<br>
<br>Merell
<br><P>(This message has been edited by Wildhorse)N

ImaBeliever2
09-18-2000, 10:58 PM
I can feel it now...
<br>The lights turned low, the room silent but for the sound of a quiet country love song with Our Man at the wheel taking us on yet another journey. And then... rockin' as only he can do, he sends us crusin' down the longest country road going as fast as this ride will go...
<br>
<br>
<br>Oh, how silly. I just can't wait to hear him sing some good country like I know he can.
<br>I think anything from Garth will be innovative, I love all his stuff, Hard Luck Woman, Chris Gaines... all of it, but it has been so long since the albums like No Fences...
<br>I don't care what it is really, I just need new Garth!
<br>
<br>KristiN

Karen4TyE
09-19-2000, 06:22 AM
Hi Tommy,Just wondering don't you like the sound new sound of Ty(ler)'s new music?Don't get mad at me for saying this don't want any to get mad at me but this is the type of music Ty has always wanted to sing and now that Ty has Garth as his record producer he can now sing what he wants to.And I think this is great I hate when record companies make you sing stuff you don't want to or they think it will do well and it jsut goes right out the window because radio won't play it.I'm hoping this will be a break for Ty since they are asking for country to go back to what it used to be.I don't feel though that it was all of Garth doing in fact all of Garth music is great.Now some of the stuff they play now i can't take it.Won't mention any names of artist that I can't stand to listen to in respect of their fans because I can't stand it when somebody talks bad about Garth or Ty's music.Personally myself I love Ty(ler)'s new music I'm so happy to hear new stuff from him.But I guess that is because I've been behind Ty 100% since 95 when he went out on his own.I just hope you all still helped in voting for his new single when you all had the chance.He needs everyones support to make this work for him.I know Ty does come on the net so just in case he would come here and read.I LOVE YOU TY.He does drop in his site from time to time and let's messages.BTW I'm with Rach on the New Garth stuff that way maybe they will let him alone for a while and find someone else to belittle.Any music from Garth is always GREAT music.N

luvsgarth62
09-19-2000, 06:41 AM
Tommy,
<br>
<br>I saw the article when I came on the PG forums. And whenever it is, I cannot wait till he has some new stuff out.
<br>
<br>I don't know about you guys, but I miss him not being on TV and not hearing not much new stuff about him.
<br>
<br>But when he does put out a new album, I know it's gonna be awesome, cause the last new album he had out was "Sevens" and that is an awesome album:)
<br>
<br>So...until next time:)
<br>
<br>-AliciaN

littlebit
09-19-2000, 02:09 PM
Haven't seen that glint for a while now.:cool::cool::cool: yesssssss. :)This is good news to me. i just got home from taking Sean to the doctor, and GAC was on when i turned on the tv. It was Bill Engle's 'Awesome' and right that came Garth with 'The River'. :):):)can't wait to hear Ty's new album. so far i like what i've heard.:) IMHO i think Garth and Stillwater ought to do a bluegrass/country album and blow all them landlubbers who say they aint country out of the water! There's 2 banjo's, 2 fiddlers, several guitars. it could happen :)LOL
<br>
<br>deAnnalynn N

ShellyGirl
09-19-2000, 06:30 PM
I have to agree with Brian. I would love to see him come out with a new album that is real country to the core...like his "Ropin the Wind" or "No Fences" CD's. Of course, anything new from him would be awesome, but if I could choose....N

ShellyGirl
09-19-2000, 06:32 PM
I have to agree with Brian. I would love to see him come out with a new album that is real country to the core...like his "Ropin the Wind" or "No Fences" CD's. Of course, anything new from him would be awesome, but if I could choose....N

wmcinnis
09-19-2000, 07:18 PM
I also have to agree with Brian but just about the country part, not to shooting him:eek:
<br>-Susan-N

wmcinnis
09-19-2000, 07:22 PM
I also have to agree with Brian but just about the country part, not to shooting him:eek:
<br>-Susan-N

Dancer
09-19-2000, 08:00 PM
I would really love another Garth album, and if this is so, then we may see another tour because Garth has basically said before that a tour would be very necessary with the release of a new album! :) But, we still will have to wait and see what comes out of Garth's mouth regarding you know what, etc.N

Dancer
09-19-2000, 08:02 PM
I would really love another Garth album, and if this is so, then we may see another tour because Garth has basically said before that a tour would be very necessary with the release of a new album! :) But, we still will have to wait and see what comes out of Garth's mouth regarding you know what, etc.N

Pilgrim
09-20-2000, 03:12 PM
Susan:)
<br>
<br>Of course you couldn't shoot him;) I said I would be the first to do that:P
<br>
<br>Brian:)N