PDA

View Full Version : I owe this to Garth and James

littlebit
09-15-2000, 07:35 PM
you guys,
<br>
<br>remember a while back when i let you guys see my first song "Eyes so Blue"? Well, you are not gonna believe what happened. :eek:
<br>just for the heck of it, i submitted it in a nationwide poetry contest. And i just got word, they're goin to publish it and i'm a semi-finalist for a $1000 and $10,000 prize. :eek::eek:
<br>Whether i win a prize or not it will be copywrited to me and published and available nationwide and i'm totally blown away. :eek::eek::eek:
<br>Cos if it wasn't fer ya'lls encouragement, i would have never showed it to anyone!:cool:
<br>So my first thanks will go to James Garver and Garth. i will dedicated it to you two sweet cowboys:cool:
<br>And my second to all of you. it will be dedicated to ya'll too!:cool::P:)
<br>
<br>take care
<br>
<br>deAnnalynnN

no1cowgirl
09-15-2000, 08:31 PM
deAnnaLynn-
<br> Congrats! :)
<br> Just a quick question for you, girl. Who did you submit your poem to? Was it poetry.com?
<br>
<br>
<br>KristaN

Pilgrim
09-16-2000, 06:04 AM
Very very very cool:cool::cool:
<br>
<br>Brilliant:)
<br>
<br>Brian
<br>
<br>grrrr<P>(This message has been edited by Pilgrim)N

MDgarthgirl
09-16-2000, 07:27 AM
Congratulations, deAnnalynn! That's really cool.
<br>
<br>I was chatting with my sister back in Maryland and she suggested I enter some of my poetry in contests similar to the one you did. I said I wouldn't know where to find them. So, if you don't mind me asking, where did you enter it?
<br>
<br>NashN

GRTH FAN
09-16-2000, 05:50 PM
That is FANTASTIC!!!! Way to go!! I hope you win the 10,000!!
<br>Donna :)N

GRTH FAN
09-16-2000, 05:51 PM
That is FANTASTIC!!!! Way to go!! I hope you win the 10,000!!
<br>Donna :)N

garthsgirl
09-17-2000, 04:02 AM
deAnnaLynn, Ohhh...I am soo happy and proud of you. Please keep it up, if you have a talent, you should never waste it. God Bless, LisaN

honky
09-17-2000, 10:14 AM
WOW!! THIS IS BRILLIANT!! :)
<br>
<br>If you could, please repost your poem again so the new comers can read it :)
<br>
<br>
<br>:rolleyes:Tommy:rolleyes:
<br>
<br>PS: just one silly question, what would you do with the money if you did win?
<br>N

ohiogbfan
09-17-2000, 02:52 PM
That's great, little bit! I hope you win the $10,000. Good Luck, PattyN

littlebit
09-17-2000, 05:37 PM
Thanks everybody,
<br>
<br>if it hadn't been for ya'll i wouldn't have doneit.
<br>
<br>Krista,
<br>
<br>Actually yeah, if was poetry.com. and i had totally forgotten about. When i got the e-mail saying they had picked the semi-finalists i thought it was junk mail! So i deleted it! :eek: Then i got a letter by regular mail.:)
<br>
<br>Nash,
<br>
<br>i have one of those internet answering machines and it has those little commericials on it and i clicked on it. www.poetry.com. You guys would be a shoe in for this as good as you write! You would definetly win the $10,000 hands down!:)
<br>
<br>Tommy,
<br>
<br>i'll repost on the musicians thread okey? :)
<br>
<br>What would i do with the money? :eek: Musha, i haven't even thought that far actually...probably get a car, mine died two years ago or put it towards college for Sean. Or a down payment on a house maybe. If i could win before the OPRY celebration i'd buy some plane tickets and wait outside the auditorium to see if i could get Sean his autograph. Sean said i could buy ALOT of GI Joes with the money :) But to be honest, i don't think i'll win the money. it's enough to be published for me. :)
<br>
<br>thanks you guys, thanks for giving me the courage to show that song to you.
<br>
<br>take care,
<br>
<br>deAnnalynn
<br>
<br>N

littlebit
09-17-2000, 05:38 PM
Thanks everybody,
<br>
<br>if it hadn't been for ya'll i wouldn't have doneit.
<br>
<br>Krista,
<br>
<br>Actually yeah, if was poetry.com. and i had totally forgotten about. When i got the e-mail saying they had picked the semi-finalists i thought it was junk mail! So i deleted it! :eek: Then i got a letter by regular mail.:)
<br>
<br>Nash,
<br>
<br>i have one of those internet answering machines and it has those little commericials on it and i clicked on it. www.poetry.com. You guys would be a shoe in for this as good as you write! You would definetly win the $10,000 hands down!:)
<br>
<br>Tommy,
<br>
<br>i'll repost on the musicians thread okey? :)
<br>
<br>What would i do with the money? :eek: Musha, i haven't even thought that far actually...probably get a car, mine died two years ago or put it towards college for Sean. Or a down payment on a house maybe. If i could win before the OPRY celebration i'd buy some plane tickets and wait outside the auditorium to see if i could get Sean his autograph. Sean said i could buy ALOT of GI Joes with the money :) But to be honest, i don't think i'll win the money. it's enough to be published for me. :)
<br>
<br>thanks you guys, thanks for giving me the courage to show that song to you.
<br>
<br>take care,
<br>
<br>deAnnalynn
<br>
<br>N

loreli
09-18-2000, 06:13 AM
WOW deAnnalynn!!!
<br>
<br>That is so VERY cool!!!
<br>
<br>Good Luck to you!!! I think the money would be well spent on a Garth adventure!
<br>
<br>Lori :)N

fuzzwuzz
09-20-2000, 01:20 PM
Wow littlebit! Your heart must be soaring higher than ever right now! I'm happy for you!N