PDA

View Full Version : FINP book - Special Events...

everynowandthen
05-17-2000, 01:36 PM
Time is running out...<P>As you may or may not know, I'm working on the special events section of the FINP book.<P>The following is a list of events (not yet all inclusive) of events. PLEASE take the time to read it! :) If you have any information, pictures - whatever on any of these events, I would LOVE for you to let me know. Any photos used will be credited to you.<P>I have some general information on each one, but what would make them even more special :), is if you could share first-hand experiences with me!<P>If you think you can help, please e-mail me at: mittsters@aol.com<P>Even if you know you have info, but can't get it to me right away, please just send a quick, little e-mail. I'm a patient person...<P>Thanks!<P><BR>1. Fan fair'96 (thanks paula :))<BR>2. gb day in Ottawa 9/3/96<BR>3. Olymic Torch carried by Colleen Brooks (I know Karin is still working on this, too)<BR>4. 1,2,3,4,5th millionth ticket buyers<BR>5. VH-1 special (storytellers)<BR>6. crystal apple from NYC<BR>7. key to port st. lucie<BR>8. Central Park concert (I desparately need pics for this!)<BR>9. x-mas tree lighting at rockafeller (thanks diana)<BR>10. Concert of the Century<BR>11. Star on Hollywood Walk of Fame (any californians willing to take a picture for me?)<BR>12. Backyard concert<BR>13. rodeo barretos in brazil (I need a date for this)<BR>14. Target Center "Star" (any minnesotans willing to help?)<BR>15. "One Heart at a Time", cystic fibrosis foundation song (Garth participated with others). Anybody have a copy or the lyrics?<BR>16. Performed "The Dance" on the series premiere of "Nashville Beat". <BR>17. Benefit concerts in LA @ the Forum (jan 29, 1993<BR>18. Hollywood Bowl fundraiser for "One Voice" (need a date for this)<P><BR>Thanks for taking the time to read this and for your replies!<P>Take care all!<P>AngelaN

Paula
05-17-2000, 02:44 PM
Angela,<P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR>13. rodeo barretos in brazil (I need a date for this)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>Barretos Rodeo - Barretos, Brazil - August 22, 1998<P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR>15. "One Heart at a Time", cystic fibrosis foundation song (Garth participated with others). Anybody have a copy or the lyrics?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I have a copy of the CD but there were no lyrics included.<P>PaulaN

Paula
05-17-2000, 02:53 PM
Angela,<P>Just went searching and found some info at the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation website you might be able to use - <A HREF="http://www.cff.org/getinvolved04.htm." TARGET=_blank>http://www.cff.org/getinvolved04.htm.</A> I also found the lyrics on Victoria Shaw's website at <A HREF="http://www.victoriashaw.com/oneheartlyrics.html" TARGET=_blank>http://www.victoriashaw.com/oneheartlyrics.html</A> <P>Paula<P>PaulaN

no1cowgirl
05-17-2000, 04:08 PM
Angela-<BR> I had the pleasure of attending the Cistic Fibrosis Foundation's Sizzlin' Country Concert in California. I have copies of the original release. Garth didn't play at it, but if you'd like me to write an article on the concert or about the song or anything, I've been very involved with the project....so *L* Let me know!<P><BR>KristaN

shmlss4gb
05-17-2000, 08:11 PM
Angela,<P>I have the newpaper clipping of the 5 millionth ticket holder if you need it.<P>TerriN

everynowandthen
05-18-2000, 12:54 PM
Paula,<BR>You've done it again! Thank you, thank you thank you! You're a wealth of info!<P>Krista,<BR>Got your e-mail. Thanks!<P>Jen,<BR>Got yours too!<P>Terri,<BR>If you can get it to me somehow that would be great! Just e-mail me and we'll figure something out. Maybe you can just fax it to me.<P>Thanks to you all. And for those of you still thinking....I'm still here! :)<P>Angela<P>N

everynowandthen
05-20-2000, 08:18 AM
Just bringing this back to the top!<P>If you can help, please let me know.<P>Thanks.<P>AngelaN

nelty
05-20-2000, 09:11 AM
How about the 23 hour signing or the surprise appearance at the bluebird cafe a while ago???<P>Nelly :)N

everynowandthen
05-22-2000, 02:58 PM
Thanks Nelly,<P>The Bluebird appearance is one a planned on, but forgot to list.<P>The 23 hour signing is part of the fan fair '96.<P>I'm still looking for input. Especially pictures. I think that will make the book have even more impact.<P>Thanks again, everyone! Especially those who have already helped.<P>AngelaN

shmlss4gb
05-22-2000, 04:05 PM
Angela,<P>I found clippings from the 2, 3, 4, and 5th millionth ticket holder. Plus a few other things that might interest you. Email me your fax # when you have time, and I will copy them and send them to you.<P>TerriN

AlwaysaGBFan
05-22-2000, 04:10 PM
If you need the lyrics to One Heart at a Time just e-mail me at asyrp43@aol.com<P>AllenN