PDA

View Full Version : Did you get your invite yet?

SweetGBFan
09-12-2000, 04:27 PM
I was just wondering if anyone had received their invitation to Garth's party for his 1 million yet? I expect my invitation must be in the mail and I just havent received it yet. I just figure we have contacted GB Management and Capitol Records this past year what with the special projects and all, that I figure they must know us by name and we are all being invited. I think I will wear a slinky black number maybe with no straps and lots of sequins. If I can get my husband to go I would imagine he will wear a tux and very nicely, I might add. I also figure for all us ladies maybe we can tie up Sandy and put her in a closet or something then we can kidnap Garth and take him away. Anyway just wondering if you all are going and what you will be wearing?N

honky
09-12-2000, 05:00 PM
<br>:eek::eek:
<br>
<br>:rolleyes:Tommy:rolleyes:
<br>N

Lowell Miller
09-12-2000, 05:41 PM
I think mine is lost in the mail. :(N

SweetGBFan
09-12-2000, 05:52 PM
Cute, Tommy.
<br>Does this mean you have received your invitation?N

Lost 'n' Garth
09-12-2000, 05:57 PM
I got mine in the mail yesterday.. ;) just don't think I will be able to attend due to my overwhelming schedule!!!...work, take my daughter to school and Karate, fix dinner, do the laundry, clean the toilet...etc...
<br>Ya know the luxurious things in life..How could I skip those things for such an event?????
<br>
<br>Just don't know where I could fit it in..TEE-HEE :)
<br>
<br>Cheri :)N

Dancer
09-12-2000, 06:40 PM
I did get my invitation in the mail. Very nice I might add, but I can't attend. The day of the event honoring Garth's sales of over 100 million is the day of my final exam in my macrome class. There ain't no way on the face of this earth am I gonna miss a macrome class for such a small, unimportant event as this! It just ain't happenin'! I think that I will make a "g" with a circle around it for my final project! :)<P>(This message has been edited by Dancer)N

cowgirl14
09-12-2000, 07:41 PM
Hey Dancer!
<br>Can I have your invitation? Please your not going to be there so PLEASE? *ON THE FLOOR HANDS FOLDED DEAL*;) N

loreli
09-13-2000, 05:31 AM
LMAO!!! You guys are too FUNNY!!!!
<br>
<br>Macrome class...hahaha..that is hysterical!
<br>
<br>It would definitely be a slinky black dress night.
<br>
<br>I agree with the closet plan too. I'm in :)
<br>
<br>Lori :)N

Garth_FANtasizer
09-13-2000, 07:18 AM
I received my invitation, but I need some help... where it says "no. of guests attending __" .. well, I need to know how many members are there at pg? I'll just put 2,000. Is that enough ya think?
<br>
<br>Closet plan - I'll bring the duct tape.
<br>
<br>~Ann~N

NewestGBFan
09-13-2000, 08:07 AM
Yes, I got my invitation but really don't have time for such trivial events. Therefore, I am putting my invitation up for bid on eBay. I would be willing to part with it for, say $500. Surely one of you poor souls who didn't get one would be willing to pay that miniscule amount. What a bargain.
<br>;) ;)
<br>
<br>ElaineN

Pixel
09-13-2000, 10:23 AM
I think that mine might have been sent to my parents house. I forgot to tell the guys at GB amangement that I was back in school. I guess I have to call the folks!
<br>
<br>$500 for the ticket on eBay. What a deal. Let me know when the last second for the bidding is so that I can get it for a friend!!!!!!!!!N

GarthLVR88
09-13-2000, 11:28 AM
Umm...My dog ate it?! Yah, yah..that's it! Yes, my dog, Sugar, ate the invitation! But luckily, and may I add "nastily", I got it back..*shudder* I just fed her some of mom's beans 'n' sausage then took her for a walk, all the while carrying a paper bag...;) Hmm...what to wear, what to wear...I have this suit thingy..Maybe you've heard of it..Lemme think..Bird suit? Nah..that's not it..hmm..oh! I think it's called a Birthday suit? I hear they are very common and most are attractive looking! I'm looking forward to wearing my Birthday suit to the party! :) ;) And as for the "closet plan"...The checklist includes:
<br>1. Nylon Rope (gotta be gentle!)
<br>2. A CD Player 'n' Headphones (So she can listen to Chris! ;) )
<br>3. Duct Tape (Duct tape is used EVERYWHERE! Even in Nascar..)
<br>
<br>Let me know what I need to bring! I have all of the above...
<br>
<br>Rachel!!!!!!! :rolleyes:N

ferretcrazy
09-13-2000, 01:48 PM
:) ROTFL..you guys are sooo silly! That would be so cool to get an invite.
<br>But this also brings up an interesting question..how many members are there in Planet Garth? Brandon??? just wondering..
<br>
<br>
<br> JoanN

Pilgrim
09-13-2000, 02:02 PM
*LMAO* You guys are too funny:):):)
<br>
<br>BrianN

gbfans66
09-13-2000, 04:06 PM
LOL This is toooooooo funny!!!! I didn't have mine until just now. As I was reading your posts I received it via the tv and WYCBTMA on CMT!!!!!LOL I'll have to check my calendar & see if I can get it cleared with all my important things in life. LOL Oh shoot, I'm not sure if I can squeeze it in, but I do work a split shift that day. Let's see, I'm off from 8 a.m. until 2 p.m. think I can get to Nashville in time??? It's about a 6 1/2 - 7 hr drive for me. HMMMMMMMMMM. LOL
<br>
<br>:) :) :) :) :) :) :)
<br>
<br>JillN

rightnow777
09-13-2000, 04:25 PM
no seriously ya'll who got invited and how do you get invited.
<br>
<br> me
<br>
<br>p.s wishful thinking ain't it a blessing N

no1cowgirl
09-13-2000, 05:14 PM
*ROTFLMAO* Y'all are TOO much.
<br>
<br>I got mine yesterday, and I just don't know.
<br>
<br>Sweet, do you think this will be a really formal event or are you thinking semi-formal because I need to choose between the Armani and Ralph Lauren. I mean, I just can't decide! Should I wear the diamonds or would the freshwater pearls be good enough? I'm having a crisis! ;)
<br>
<br>*thinkin WRANGLERS and PEARLS* *LOL*
<br>
<br>KristaN

SweetGBFan
09-13-2000, 06:09 PM
Krista,
<br>My sources tell me its very formal. I think maybe sequined jeans and pearls may be exceptable. I am going very formal though. I dont get to dress up much, and this will be my opportunity. My question is, which I hope will be answered when I get my darn invitation, is what is for dinner? Surely hate that post office cause I know my invitation has to be on the way. Anyway bring a big supply of duct tape and lots of rope to tie up you know who!! N

Monica Lockhart
09-13-2000, 06:14 PM
Well... I can answer the question on how many PG members we have...
<br>
<br>The total number of registered users is 3584.
<br>
<br>:)
<br>
<br>MoniN

no1cowgirl
09-13-2000, 06:44 PM
Sweet-
<br> Ummm okay! Well, I think I'll go formal, too. My red sequined jeans don't fit anymore. *L* I don't dress up too often, either.
<br> Oh! Sources tell me that a wide selection of food from Taco Bell will be served. They offered to make Fish Tacos especially for the event, but Garth declined. Hehehe *L*
<br>
<br>
<br>KristaN

cowgirl14
09-13-2000, 09:34 PM
Here's my night if I don't get to go.
<br>Take a long bath light some cadles one escent put on some Garth music slip on a black dress after my bath:);). And go up on my deck that wacthes over the city:);). Now to compilet my night I need Paul Brandt. (Hey I wish I had Garth But his at his party so forget it.:);):P) Love Ya Joey N

cowgirl14
09-13-2000, 09:35 PM
<br>Take a long bath light some cadles one escent put on some Garth music slip on a black dress after my bath:);). And go up on my deck that wacthes over the city:);). Now to compilet my night I need Paul Brandt. (Hey I wish I had Garth But his at his party so forget it.:);):P) Love Ya Joey N

cowgirl14
09-13-2000, 09:36 PM

Wildhorse
09-13-2000, 10:06 PM
Oh my Garth! :eek: I better go check my mail!!!
<br>
<br>MerellN

Wildhorse
09-13-2000, 10:07 PM
Oh my Garth! :eek: I better go check my mail!!!
<br>
<br>MerellN

minnesotagbfan
09-14-2000, 12:21 AM
hey i am gonna get in... one little phone call to my buddy trisha should do the trick... she might need a date..lol..um trisha ..if ya see this..you have my number..lol ;)
<br>
<br>russN

major tom
09-14-2000, 06:57 AM
LMAO you guys are very funny :) :)
<br>
<br>Russ
<br>Trisha might take you up on that offer I mean she might need a helping hand now that she is getting on in years. ;)
<br>
<br>
<br>KirstyN

enutts4gb
09-14-2000, 07:25 AM
I'm asking the same thing as, rightnow777. :-o
<br>
<br>I never heard of any of this til now.
<br>
<br>Erin :)N

enutts4gb
09-14-2000, 07:27 AM
I'm asking the same thing as, rightnow777. :-o
<br>
<br>I never heard of any of this til now.
<br>

enutts4gb
09-14-2000, 07:33 AM
Ummmm
<br>
<br>How did that just happen??
<br>
<br>
<br>NO BRIAN!! I am NOT a NERD!!!!
<br>
<br>Erin ;)N

enutts4gb
09-14-2000, 07:35 AM
Ummmm
<br>
<br>How did that just happen??
<br>
<br>
<br>NO BRIAN!! I am NOT a NERD!!!!
<br>
<br>Erin ;)N

enutts4gb
09-14-2000, 07:40 AM
ARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!N

minnesotagbfan
09-14-2000, 08:40 AM
kirsty,
<br>
<br>whoa..shes only 36 and gets better with age ;)
<br>
<br>russN

phillygirl4garth
09-14-2000, 01:09 PM
I got my invitation yesterday. I'm trying my best to clear my schedule, but I'm just not sure. If I can make it, I won't know what to wear:eek:
<br>
<br>Krisa Are you wearing black wranglers with pearls? It just wouldn't be proper for both of us to show up wearign the same thing. OMG, that would be a fashion faux pax! :eek:
<br>
<br>DeniseN

phillygirl4garth
09-14-2000, 01:11 PM
I got my invitation yesterday. I'm trying my best to clear my schedule, but I'm just not sure. If I can make it, I won't know what to wear:eek:
<br>
<br>Krista Are you wearing black wranglers with pearls? It just wouldn't be proper for both of us to show up wearign the same thing. OMG, that would be a fashion faux pax! :eek:
<br>
<br>DeniseN

ferretcrazy
09-14-2000, 01:35 PM
:)WOW:) 3584 members!! Thats so cool! could you imagine if ALL of us showed up for the Opry..and the Black tie affair???!!! Dont think we would all fit in the Pancake place!! :)
<br>
<br>
<br> JoanN

Garth2Gaines
09-14-2000, 02:25 PM
My source at Imagination Press has confirmed that Chris Gaines will show up, uninvited...stay tune for that bizarre story:)
<br>
<br>dwayneN

no1cowgirl
09-14-2000, 03:05 PM
Denise-
<br> Well, after long consideration this morning, and while going through my vast wardrobe :roll eyes:. I decided to go with a long Black Armani evening gown. So, not to worry, no fasion faux pauxs here! BUT! If anyone else wears Armani, let it be known that you are in trouble! *LOL* Are you doing the whole black wranglers and pearls thing because that is SO chique!
<br> He he he ;)
<br>
<br>
<br>KristaN

Dancer
09-14-2000, 04:57 PM
Russ,
<br> What makes you think that you are going to this event with Trisha? Don't make me come and find you!! :)N

Dancer
09-14-2000, 04:59 PM
Russ,
<br> What makes you think that you are going to this event with Trisha? Don't make me come and find you!! :)N

rightnow777
09-15-2000, 01:36 PM
no seriously, who got invited and how did you get invited.
<br>
<br>be serious ya'll N

NewestGBFan
09-15-2000, 01:44 PM
RightNow777,
<br>
<br>We can not be serious because this is not a serious thread. Pretend it is April Fools Day... :)
<br>
<br>ElaineN

Pilgrim
09-15-2000, 01:56 PM
Sorry Erin:eek:
<br>
<br>YOU ARE A NERD!!!!!!!:P:P:P:P
<br>
<br>Brian
<br>N

enutts4gb
09-15-2000, 02:28 PM
Thank you, Elaine for clearing that up. :)
<br>
<br>And Brian..... I have no comment. :P :P
<br>

SweetGBFan
09-15-2000, 04:33 PM
What you mean Im really not going to get an invitation in the mail? Now I am seriously depressed. I guess I will put my sequined dress back in the closet, and cancel my limousine for that night. Darn, my bubble has just been burst. I was really counting on us ladies taking Garth away that night. Oh well, maybe another time.N

loreli
09-15-2000, 05:06 PM
Russ,
<br>
<br>How many ladies are you taking???
<br>
<br>You said you were taking me. :( Sheesh :P
<br>
<br>LoriN

Garthmedic
09-15-2000, 05:36 PM
This is what I have arranged so far:
<br>
<br>My invite showed up last week. I then called my accountant and had him free up some of my hidden money in the Swiss accounts. My aviation team was consulted and they said the Gulfstream executive jet will be ready when I need it.
<br>
<br>After giving it plenty of thought, I contacted a resort in the Bahamas and booked every room, up until the day of the event. (I figured I would do some snorkeling with dolphins and catch some rays before the big party). I called my old buddy Armani and he said the custom tailored tuxedo will be delivered to the island on time (whew!)
<br>
<br>I had no problem ordering the 24-person stretch limosuine (I thought that was odd, but hey- I'll take it. They hope to have the jaccuzzi fixed by then.
<br>
<br>They had to kick Al Gore out of the penthouse suite, so I could have my proper accomodations. The Secret Service is still SEETHING about that. I figure, he gets enough attention already.
<br>
<br>After that, the party is on!!
<br>
<br>That's my story and I'm sticking to it! :P
<br>
<br>--spud--:)
<br>
<br>N

loreli
09-18-2000, 09:46 AM
Spud..
<br>
<br>You gonna pick any of your friends up in that jet??
<br>
<br>I'm just a hop, skip and a jump away. ;)
<br>
<br>LoriN

cybersadie
09-19-2000, 06:13 AM
Well, it took a while but I knew my invitation would get here eventually. It did indeed arrive yesterday. I just moved so it took the post office a couple of days to forward it on from the my summer home in the Hamptons to my mansion in the Main Line. I think the GB management probably also sent one to my penthouse on Central Park West in NYC and the villa in Florence(they know how I love to travel).
<br>
<br>Now I must figure out what to wear!!! Ah time is so short, I'm not sure that I can fly Armani in on my private jet with enough time to do all the necessary fittings. I guess I'll have to settle for an American, probably Calvin Klein. Good old Cal really pulled it together for me when I found myself in a similar situation for Vinny and Amy's wedding, which Cheri, Elaine and Dancer backed out of as well. Now you know if you don't go to three events in a row, you'll be dropped from all the invitation lists.
<br>
<br>I have an idea for a darling white silk blouse and ruby-encrusted blue jeans. Well I must go now and see if I can't get that darling little jewelry store on Rodeo Drive in Beverly Hills to get some samples to me ASAP. I must have my ruby, shoulder-grazing hoop earrings to match, of course.
<br>
<br>Can't wait to see all of you there. Smooches. Ta-ta for now.N

MelMalovesGB4eva
09-19-2000, 06:42 AM
LMAO--very cute thread.
<br>
<br>I like Rachel's idea best.:) I'll wear my birthday suit if Garth wears his.:):):)
<br>
<br>LisaN

GarthLVR88
09-19-2000, 05:46 PM
Lisa!
<br>*forms mental picture* Ahhh! LOL, and I thought no one had noticed...:) I'd better not talk anymore about this...it's hot enough here in Oklahoma as it is! ;) I love this thread too! LOL
<br>
<br>RachN

Lost_to_Garth
09-21-2000, 05:11 PM
Hi honey!
<br>
<br>I didn't get an invitation either, but I'm not surprised. I too expected an invitation in the mail and havent received it either. As far as the slinky black number with no straps and lots of sequins, OOOOOOH, I think I would go most anywhere with you. As far as a tux.....maybe you might be streatching things a bit. How about my old 540's that have all the holes and a super 60's t-shirt? Maybe I could distract Sandy with my really good threads while you do your kidnap thing.
<br>
<br>Or just maybe, maybe, maybe...I'll stay home that night looking very good and wishing you were there. I'll take a soak in the big tub with a glass of wine, a picture of you, a candle and a great book. Okay that's what I'll do.
<br>
<br>Have fun babe and don't forget to send me one of those really funny "WISH YOU WERE HERE" post cards.
<br>
<br>PS: We could take a loan on the house if you need a little extra spending money. Have fun my love....
<br>
<br>Thinking of you.
<br>
<br>BillN

rightnow777
09-22-2000, 07:11 PM
I don't know about you, but i think that YA'LL ARE NUTS.
<br>
<br> I still love ya though,
<br> me N

Vanessa
09-23-2000, 05:05 AM
I got my invite in the mail today!!! :) :) :) Let's see... what yto wear..... a white dress with a hat and shoes, I think that'll do just fine, doncha think? :)
<br>
<br>Vanessa :)
<br>
<br>My computer's been down, that's why I haven't been here. :( I missed all ya'll. It's great to be back though!! :) :) :) :) :)
<br>
<br>N

Vanessa
09-23-2000, 05:08 AM
I got my invite in the mail today!!! :) :) :) Let's see... what yto wear..... a white dress with a hat and shoes, I think that'll do just fine, doncha think? :)
<br>
<br>Vanessa :)
<br>
<br>My computer's been down, that's why I haven't been here. :( I missed all ya'll. It's great to be back though!! :) :) :) :) :)
<br>
<br>N

fuzzwuzz
09-23-2000, 10:40 AM
I got my invite when Garth picked me up on this ride on the Chris Gaines NBC Special. I wouldn't miss the party of parties for anything!<P>(This message has been edited by fuzzwuzz)N

Paula
09-23-2000, 02:20 PM
Hazel got hers...
HUGE NEWS
<br>
<br>On the 26th of October, there will be a huge celebration honoring the great Garth Brooks for 100 million plus in record sales. The location has yet to be announced. I am proud to say I have received an invitation. Lord willing, I will be there.Maybe I should tell her that one of us would be available to take her place if she isn't able to go at the last minute.;)
<br>
<br>PaulaN