PDA

View Full Version : Books and other questions

Vanessa
09-10-2000, 04:22 PM
hi ya'll! :)
<br>
<br> A few weeks ago, I went to the bookstore with my mom and I went straight to the book section about GB. I bought "Dreaming Out Loud" (GREAT book!! very very cool and in-depth!! :) There's pics. too :)) and I bought "Chicken Soup for the Country Soul", this book jumped out at me, I knew I Had to get it. There was a cd in the back of the book with stories and a song by a whole bunch of famous country proplr including GB!!!! :) :) I was very happy!! :) Also, in this book, therwe was a qoute that Garth said. Also there was a story written about Garth. :) I'd thought that ya'll would like to know heheheh :)
<br>
<br>Other questions:
<br>
<br>1. I see Garth in a black Stetson hat all of the time, why does he like that hat over all of the others thay he had? Why do ya'll think that he looks better i8n his black Stetson rather than say a white or tan or dark brown one?
<br>
<br>2. I read in Dreaming Out Loud that in Texas, in a concert he and Ty smased their gitars at the end of FILP. I think the name of yhe city began woth an I. Can anyone confirm this? I was watching TIGB and at the end of FILP Ty and Garth smashed their gitars but this time it was in Dallas, Texas. Did I miss something here? What's going on?? Thanks!! :)
<br>
<br>Vanessa :)N

no1cowgirl
09-10-2000, 04:45 PM
Vanessa-
<br> Well, I don't really know the answer to #1....but...
<br>
<br> Garth and Ty smashed their guitars at the Texas Stadium show....so it WAS in Dallas. I got to see Ty's guitar--it's at the Country Music Hall Of Fame in Nashville. Garth gave his guitar to a guy in the audience. This was also the concert where the Texas special was filmed for Television.
<br>
<br>KristaN

Vanessa
09-11-2000, 11:00 AM
Thanks Krista for helping me out! :)
<br>

Pilgrim
09-11-2000, 01:25 PM
I am sure it was in Reunion Arena he smashed his guitar;);)
<br>
<br>BrianN

Garth Da Man
09-11-2000, 06:17 PM
I have the book you are talking about with the CD. I have also seen the guitar in the CM Hall of Fame. I agree with Brian that the special was filmed in Reunion Arena.N

Vanessa
09-12-2000, 11:20 AM
Thanks for your help!! :) I apprecaite it!! :)
<br>