PDA

View Full Version : Books and other questions

Vanessa
09-10-2000, 04:21 PM
hi ya'll! :)
<br>
<br> A few weeks ago, I went to the bookstore with my mom and I went straight to the book section about GB. I bought "Dreaming Out Loud" (GREAT book!! very very cool and in-depth!! :) There's pics. too :)) and I bought "Chicken Soup for the Country Soul", this book jumped out at me, I knew I Had to get it. There was a cd in the back of the book with stories and a song by a whole bunch of famous country proplr including GB!!!! :) :) I was very happy!! :) Also, in this book, therwe was a qoute that Garth said. Also there was a story written about Garth. :) I'd thought that ya'll would like to know heheheh :)
<br>
<br>Other questions:
<br>
<br>1. I see Garth in a black Stetson hat all of the time, why does he like that hat over all of the others thay he had? Why do ya'll think that he looks better i8n his black Stetson rather than say a white or tan or dark brown one?
<br>
<br>2. I read in Dreaming Out Loud that in Texas, in a concert he and Ty smased their gitars at the end of FILP. I think the name of yhe city began woth an I. Can anyone confirm this? I was watching TIGB and at the end of FILP Ty and Garth smashed their gitars but this time it was in Dallas, Texas. Did I miss something here? What's going on?? Thanks!! :)
<br>
<br>Vanessa :)N

MDgarthgirl
09-10-2000, 04:44 PM
Hey Vanessa. I'm picking up books about Nashville as I can as well. Doesn't even have to include Garth. I just love learning all I can about that city before I go knocking on doors. :)
<br>
<br>In answer to your questions, I noticed Garth likes to wear a black hat. I figure it's either that it's his favorite color...or for some reason, it's more comfortable than the others. I know that I like to wear my (black) Stetson more than the other one I have. It just fits better somehow. It might also be that he wants it to match the clothes he wears, and he's said he likes black cuz it's "slimming." (Even though he doesn't need it)
<br>As far as him "looking better in black"...I think black is a more intense color to contrast one's skin and it brings out one's pupils. But I really don't care what color his hat is. I personally think he looks better without one, lol.
<br>
<br>I can't remember what interview it was for, maybe Crook and Chase or Leno, but I think Garth said that the smashing of the guitars was ONLY for the TIGB Special. He apparently caught a lot of sh** for doing it cuz the guitar is the sacred symbol of country music. I thought it fit Perfectly after FILP. He was just showing his rock influence. I didn't see anything wrong with it for Garth. The remnants of Ty's guitar (since Garth gave the rest of his to a young guy at the concert) along with a video of the moment is on display at the Country Music Hall of Fame.
<br>
<br>Hope that helps,
<br>Nash
<br>N

Vanessa
09-11-2000, 11:02 AM
Thanks Nash for your help!! :) :)
<br>
<br>Vanessa :)N

Pilgrim
09-11-2000, 01:27 PM
I heard someone should have told him to give away the guitar if he wanted to get rid of it:eek:
<br>Someone said he should do that instead of smashing it because the lucky guy who then got it could have been a future star or something like that:)
<br>I think I have it from Garth on my Danish interview:)
<br>
<br>BrianN

littlebit
09-11-2000, 06:25 PM
Black is the color of majick! :)
<br>
<br>deAnnalynnN