PDA

View Full Version : Small article in Country Weekly about Garth

SweetGBFan
09-07-2000, 12:33 PM
Man that magazine is nasty!! The picture of Garth has a line thru it like on a no parking sign. Do they not realize that Garth was not doing this to be like Elvis or anything he was really doing it for us his fans! They make him sound like a maniac. He wasnt even going to go thru with it if the neighbors objected. Boy, I hate that magazine. They seem at times to be so anti Garth and yet I have read some really good articles in there about him. What do you all think?N

Hawk7lte
09-07-2000, 12:54 PM
Just their sense of humor....country people play a lot of "jokes" on each other....and rib each other too sometimes.
<br>
<br>Did it have an article with it?
<br>
<br>HawkN

Pilgrim
09-07-2000, 03:34 PM
I think he was doing it to be like Elvis:)
<br>
<br>That is soooooo obvious:eek:
<br>
<br>I mean how can we say he was doing it for us his fans?? We don't know what he is thinking;)
<br>
<br>Brian;)N

Garth2Gaines
09-07-2000, 05:19 PM
He might have gotten the idea from Elvis, but that doesn't mean it was because he wanted/wants to be like Elvis;)
<br>
<br>And I don't even bother with Country Weekly anymore:(
<br>
<br>dwayneN

honky
09-07-2000, 05:43 PM
I agree with Dwayne, Country Weekly is just another tabloid mag which is just full of jokes.
<br>
<br>I didn't buy the last issue with Garth on the cover. I would if it was 1 year ago!!
<br>
<br>I am so tired and sick of the magazine recycling old information on Garth's retirement!! If they really care about Garth, then STOP IT!!
<br>
<br>
<br>TommyN

Lost 'n' Garth
09-07-2000, 07:10 PM
QUESTION???
<br>
<br>Isn't "Country Weekly" done by the same people that do "The National Enquirer" and "The Star"??? If you go to their web site...On the side of the page there are links to these tabloids??!!! :P
<br>
<br>Cheri :)N

nelty
09-08-2000, 02:40 AM
yep cheri... unfortunately.. :(
<br>
<br>I was shocked when I saw it yesterday in the store. that was mean and showed it to my friends and she laughed so..... wanna guess who got a long lecture on the drive to her house???? :) lol
<br>
<br>NellyN

loreli
09-08-2000, 05:42 AM
LOL Nelly
<br>
<br>I didn't like it either. They are really getting a tabloid flavor, I don't like it. :(
<br>
<br>LoriN