PDA

View Full Version : News from CountryCool

Paula
09-05-2000, 04:47 PM
This was in today's news at countrycool.com:
<br>
<br>
THE CASE FOR GARTH TO STAY THE COURSE
<br>Since stating on the Crook & Chase Show last December that he might hang up his country career, Garth Brooks has done little to indicate whether he'll actually do that. What the current issue of Country Weekly is citing as hints that he might continue his country career are his desire to surpass the Beatles world champion record sales. Plus, they quote Garth as saying, "You've got to remember that I'm the last guy who wants to see it over for Garth Brooks. But it's not up to me. When the people are through with me, then it's over." The magazine also points to the surprise success of "When You Come Back To Me Again" as the kind of sign Brooks is looking for from fans and radio that might keep him in the saddle. *yawn* [Nothing new here...]
<br>
<br>MORE
<br>Brooks has not made it a secret why he's on the sidelines these days. With his mother's death, his father's depression after losing his life partner, Garth's troubles in his marriage and the need to pay attention to his three children, it's not surprising that he moved back to Oklahoma and slipped into the background for awhile. But, whether he continues his music career in the near future, we've learned that he is by no means retiring from show business. He's still very much involved in The Lamb film project and might be filming his part in that as early as the first quarter of next year. Plus, his Red Strokes production company is set to announce "multiple" exciting film and TV projects later this fall. Hopefully there is a balance that will allow Brooks to take care of business at home, and do all the rest with the stem of his career still rooted in country.
<br>
<br>....
<br>
<br>TALK 'ROUND THE ROW
<br>PERSONAL NOTE
<br>Garth Brooks once told me that in spite of all the good his career meant to country music in the 1990s, he hoped that his musical influences and the flow of pop influences that followed him into Nashville didn't ultimately hurt country music. That was over five years ago, and in some people's eyes, he might have been prophetic in that statement. Three years earlier in 1991 Brooks told me this, "I feel proud to represent country music and when it's all over, when I look back, it's not how I represented Garth Brooks at all, it's how I represented country music. Because to me Garth Brooks is nothing without country music." The reality is that because of country music Garth Brooks grew into a megalith that nobody could've predicted. He has a right to grow beyond its bounds, a right and duty to protect his family, and the power to do anything he wishes at this moment in time. How he blends his considerable debt to country, his concern for it and his family, and his broader ambitions will determine his course. The ideal for Garth and his country music fans would be for him to find the balance (as George Strait and others have) between career and family and do it all. Whether he comes back at the level he departed on is not the issue. If he toured and sold half as much as before it would be a plus for country music. More important will be the music he brings with him when he comes. That is what will determine if the people are ever through with Garth Brooks.
<br>
<br>Paula<P>(This message has been edited by Paula)N

Lost 'n' Garth
09-05-2000, 04:57 PM
Through with Garth...I think not!!!! :rolleyes:
<br>
<br>I just wish he could find a happy medium!!(family and music)
<br>
<br>Garth...We want you to be happy but God we miss you! :)
<br>
<br>Cheri :)
<br>
<br>THANKS PAULA!! :)N

minnesotagbfan
09-05-2000, 05:03 PM
thanks for sharing that !!!
<br>
<br>russN

Garthmedic
09-05-2000, 07:06 PM
Thank you!
<br>
<br>--spud--:)N

nelty
09-05-2000, 07:30 PM
thanks for the news Paula.. :)
<br>
<br>NellyN

AmazedByChris
09-05-2000, 08:41 PM
I have only one thing to say:
<br>
<br>
<br> :)N

Pilgrim
09-06-2000, 01:01 AM
Thanks for sharing:):)
<br>
<br>BrianN

majmom
09-06-2000, 04:46 AM
Thanks, Paula,
<br>
<br>It's nice to read something that's not only new info but an INTELLIGENT viewpoint as well...
<br>
<br>KerryN

loreli
09-06-2000, 06:16 AM
Thanks Paula. :)
<br>
<br>Lori :)N

honky
09-06-2000, 05:18 PM
THANKS FOR SHARING!!
<br>
<br>I went to countrycool.com and I couldn't find the article :eek: Where is it?
<br>
<br>Anyway, that's beside the point. I just wanna say that the author of this article is GREAT! He presents his points in a non-tabolid fashion :)
<br>
<br>
<br>:rolleyes:Tommy:rolleyes:
<br>N

Paula
09-07-2000, 03:11 AM
Tommy (and everyone else),
<br>
<br>My mistake:rolleyes:...it was at countrystars.com, not countrycool.com. It's in the archives now at http://www.countrystars.com/index.html?/news/haislop/archives/090500.html
<br>
<br>Paula
<br>
<br>Brian, I don't have my instructions here on how to fix these kinky links. Could you fix it for me? Thanks.<P>(This message has been edited by Paula)N

honky
09-07-2000, 11:00 AM
Paula,
<br>
<br>*LOL* NO WONDER!! I tried every link on Countrycool.com to retrive that article...LOL Oh well, who cares where it is from anyway!?
<br>
<br>Thanks for sharing and the correction :)
<br>
<br>
<br>:rolleyes:Tommy:rolleyes:N

MtnGirlCrazy4Garth
09-07-2000, 11:10 AM
What a great article!! :)
<br>
<br>Thanks for sharing it with us.
<br>
<br>It's so nice to see someone, who has such a clear vision of what's going on, putting it into words for all of us (and 'them') to read.N

Pilgrim
09-07-2000, 03:25 PM
<a href=http://www.countrystars.com/index.html?/news/haislop/archives/090500.html>Country Stars</a>
<br>
<br>Hope this works;)
<br>
<br>BrianN

Paula
09-08-2000, 04:38 PM
Thanks Brian. :)
<br>
<br>PaulaN